MilitaryRP Update [02/07/2021]

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png.4cb6b43af1dfb82a6175f06c4e9f8fc

Weapon Rebalancing

Thank you very much @Ozzy for your attempt at providing a gun balancing suggestion to the latest update document, unfortunately, it was incomplete and I felt the values were not very well thought of, and as such, I simply dove into the servers' files and made adjustments based off of what I've been seeing across the server myself. I did this myself because I lost hope in receiving a completed document in a timely manner, all things considered, the server's population has been wildly unstable, but on a rise, so I would like to make everybody happy. Overlal I would say that gun play was made far less challenging in this update, or atleast quicker paced.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SOME OF THE PROPOSED ADJUSTMENTS, GIVE IT A DAY OF GAMEPLAY AND REPORT BACK TO THIS THREAD WITH NEW SUGGESTIONS, I WILL MAKE SURE WE GET OUR WEAPON BASE TO BE BALANCED, FUN, AND ENGAGING, BUT I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS!

Summary: Movement impairment outliers have been reduced. Previously, Snipers flat out disallowed players from sprinting. Instead, the old DMR handling has now been applied to Snipers, where you can run, but not 'sprint'. Any weapon that was then heavy, has been brought down by a significant percent. IE: SMGs barely have a speed decrease at all. Recoil has been slightly reduced for Rifles, and spread was almost eliminated!

PS if you're going to provide me an 'update sheet' please avoid your own faction that you lead being an entire 1/5th of it.

Sniper Rifles

Movement speed significantly buffed to be in-line with that of Rifles and DMRs, only slightly worse

Weapon shooting delay was cut down by 19%

Affected Arsenal: JNG-90, L115, M82A3, M95, SR338, SV98, M95, Mosin, Orsis

Designated Marksman Rifles

Movement speed buffed by 50% (slightly quicker than snipers) - considering making DMRs slower since they carry a larger magazine?

Affected Arsenal: SKS, SVT-40, MK14, Mark12

Battle Rifles

Movement speed buffed by 10-15% across the board (slightly quicker than Rifles, yet slower than DMRs)

Affected Arsenal: FN FAL, VSS, G3A3, Scar Heavy, SKS-D

Assault Rifles

Movement speed buffed so slightly you would never notice

Recoil reduced by 15% across the board

Spread per shot decreased by 30%

Affected Arsenal: AK-103, AK-74, AK-74 Modifiable, AR-15, CZ858, Honey Badger, M4-M203, M4 SOPMOD, Scarlight, AEK-971

Sub-Machine Guns

Created Garnet-base P90

Created Garnet-base MP40

Movement speed buffed by 80%, you will be hard-pressed to notice a difference between running with your weapon holstered and having your SMG out

Recoil reduced by 50% across the board

Spread per shot reduced by 30% across the board (let me know if this requires a bigger reduction)

Maximum Spread amount increased by 100%

SMGs max spread has been significantly increased, however, you will get more shots in before hitting your spread ceiling where your weapon is somewhat unpredictable

Previously, the weapon simply shot two super accurate shots, before hitting its spread ceiling, which nobody seemed to catch in beta-testing

Affected Arsenal: P90, MP40, MP5A5, MP5A4, FMG-9, Veresk, HK MP5

Gamemaster System

Re-enabled the spawning of NPCs by GMs and T. Admins+

Class Changes

P90 has been put in spot of Delta Force RIfleman's primary

Mosin has been put in the spot of Russian Elite : Mercenary's primary

Text Colors

Don't underestimate this portion of the fucking update

DarkRP has proven to be more stupid than ever before, as I came to a conclusion after hours of trying that I literally had to write my own function for chat message delivery, in order to allow for coloring bits of the text differently.

gr_lntcytcn5nrk.png

STILL AWAITING OUR DEVELOPER TO OVERVIEW AND SEE WHY THE FUCK MY OWN CHAT FUNCTION DOESN'T WANT TO WORK WITH DRP.

• Like 4

I took some time to look at the weapon changes and I wanted to give my opinions on the weapons I had to test.

So first with the SMG's in my eyes they are actually semi-balanced as short range they have tight spread and lower damage so close range they might actually be viable to using an AR.

The Only changes to SMG's that would be semi-reasonable in my opinion would be a slight buff to the PP Bizon because it does way too low of damage with its spread and firerate. Maybe by increasing recoil, decreasing spread, and increasing fire rate with a damage buff, to match that of the FMG having similar stats, it would make the weapon actually utilize its increased magazine and make it usable. Other than that maybe by decreasing spread just a little bit would make by the "icing on the cake" as some spread on the SMG's are a little big for CQC in my opinion. After that though I feel like the SMG's are actually "decently" balanced.

Now with the ARs, I tested these individually because I had to go on different classes to actually test them and I don't compile videos together 😕 

AEK971: 

I think that the AEK is good and no other changes should be made to it currently except MAYBE a small fire rate DECREASE as it might shoot a little too fast in close quarters. 

AK103:

AK103 is fairly good, stats look to be good so I don't think any changes should be made there.

SKS-D:

I know that the SKS-D is the gun in my faction and while some people might be like "oMG hE jUSt waNTS goOD gUn!11!" that is not the case, this SKS-D is pretty interesting to say the least.

Personally, I feel that the CZ-858 that was on old Frogmen before they got removed would work best instead of changing the SKS-D. But if the SKS-D were to stay then here is the only change I would say for it.

Less recoil, for an AR that only has 20+1 bullets per magazine it has way too high of a recoil to be any form of usable in war. In the video you can see how much I am having to control the recoil my hand literally almost feel off of my desk trying to control it. Other than recoil reduction, it is good enough.

SCAR-H:

The SCAR-H is actually really good with its spread but it might be too good, a slight increase to spread is probably needed.

M4 SOPMOD/AR15: 

AR15 and M4 SOPMOD are pretty much the same and I feel that they are too similar to SMGs and act too much like SMGs and less like ARs. Long range and Medium-Long Range they have a lot of spread like an SMG while having the fire rate of one but the damage of an AR. This could potentially cause a problem as close quarters this gun would dominate. Some potential changes could be to decrease fire rate or maybe some changes with spread per shot and what not.

Also the MP153 gives me some errors on Russian SSO : Frontier when putting on sights so that might be a bug for you to test.

Thanks @Garnet for the update we appreciate the work you put it 🙂 

Finally, keep in mind these are all my opinion on potential changes.

Edited by hysteria
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, huskaii said:

mk2 ruger for secondary now yes ? i require my pea shooter

The 22LR pistol was the best lol.

Great update Garnet, I do agree with pretty much all Hysteria said besides the ARs spread, in my opinion its a bit too tight.

1 minute ago, REEPER said:

The 22LR pistol was the best lol.

Great update Garnet, I do agree with pretty much all Hysteria said besides the ARs spread, in my opinion its a bit too tight.

My thought process was that the ARs should do more damage, with a low fire rate, but accurate at medium and medium long range but the only way to do that was to decrease spread.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hysteria said:

My thought process was that the ARs should do more damage, with a low fire rate, but accurate at medium and medium long range but the only way to do that was to decrease spread.

Ah, I must have read it wrong, although most ARs do around 30-40 DMG, which I would believe is enough. The low firerate would have to be slightly lower, any lower and it would be like the SKS-D.

Just now, REEPER said:

Ah, I must have read it wrong, although most ARs do around 30-40 DMG, which I would believe is enough. The low firerate would have to be slightly lower, any lower and it would be like the SKS-D.

Most ARs do 40 DMG. the problem that I have with the SKS-D is that the firerate is super low and the recoil is uncontrolable and is extremely high making the game completely unusable.

• Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator
14 hours ago, Garnet said:

Affected Arsenal: P90, MP40, MP5A5, MP5A4, FMG-9, Veresk, HK MP5

Shouldn't the Sterling be on that list? Not sure if you forgot to change it, didn't want to, or just forgot to list it. 
Either way, I love all the changes made to all of the weapons not gonna lie. Thanks for the update Garnet

• 2 weeks later...
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
On 2/7/2021 at 6:10 AM, Garnet said:

Assault Rifles

On 2/7/2021 at 6:10 AM, Garnet said:

AEK-971

Sorry for the Necro but the AEK as well as the MSBS have yet to receive updates to their spread. Not sure if this is by choice but the MSBS shoots the same bullet as the Scar L.