[DarkRP] Temporary Removal of Unbox

Our Unbox feature is going to be removed from the DarkRP server for around 1 week. 
There are some errors we need to address with it, and we need to make sure it is not causing overflow crashes.

The feature will be back soon, so don't worry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Informative 3
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
On 5/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, Dodge_Guy04 said:

Was the only reason I played thinking about it.

Good riddance in that case.  Good news is, there's plenty of servers who have unbox!

17 minutes ago, smileeface said:

ok its been a week 

I just messaged Proggy a few hours ago, trying to see if we had any overflows. He has yet to respond

5 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I just messaged Proggy a few hours ago, trying to see if we had any overflows. He has yet to respond

If it was causing overflows would it be possible for you to re add it for a week so that people would have a chance to take the stuff they bought out of it before it is removed?

The only reason I say this is because I know several people who have spent well over 50 mil and now cant access their items as they didnt see this post before it disapeared.

Edited by BINLADINHOE
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, BINLADINHOE said:

If it was causing overflows would it be possible for you to re add it for a week so that people would have a chance to take the stuff they bought out of it before it is removed?

actually yeah can you put it back for like a week if you're gonna remove it. I unboxed like 1 mil worth of crates the day before it was removed. 

• Sad 1
  • The Garnut
1 minute ago, BINLADINHOE said:

2 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

This could just be me, but I haven't had any crashes from overflows since it was removed

Just now, AgentCrypt said:

Idk If I’m allowed to post here, but anyways I haven’t seen one, normally I would get it twice a week, been pretty solid I think. 

Sounds like it was indeed the cause of overflows then.

That doesn't surprise me because that is one of the few addons that we utilize on Garnet that is a sold addon which is not "made in-house". I have noticed that alot of code gets ran that is not utilized (IE: a marketplace (??)) 

Our options are

A) I will dissect the addon and remove unnecessary code. If I'm unsuccesful, @time will get a commission to look over it - and he's proven to be great at fixing shitty addons.

B) I commission a developer, again, Time if he has the TIME and re-create the addon. I don't think Time would be up for the task though, because it requires alot of user-interface work.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1