Delayed release of Delta

• The Garnut

Hello everybody! I don't have a whole lot of time so I won't make this thread too long.

My work computer that I do everything garnet-related off of has spontaneously self combusted (not literally) but the boot drive and 2 other SSDs corrupted themselves, including alot of unreleased Garnet content. I have absolutely no idea why, but they refuse to be detected as boot drives, and appear as "NTFS inaccsible" drives under 'My Computer'

As much as this sucks, and I just lost thousands of hours worth of work in unreleased assets, at the very least I managed to upload a backup of the finished Delta map onto my Google Drive 13 minutes before the corruption happened.

I'm trying to get my PC situated and make a trip to BestBuy to buy a new boot drive in the meantime, making the map release get delayed by 2-3 hours :(

ETA: 7PM Eastern

• Sad 7
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut
9 minutes ago, Reeper said:

big rips man, but hey, atleast the motherboard didn't shit the bed.

CPU, GPU, and RAM appear to be fine, but the SSDs were NVMEs that at the time were super expensive, so fuck me lol.

I'm on my laptop right now wrapping up the map, so you guys are able to play it long before 7PM EST though!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Garnet said:

CPU, GPU, and RAM appear to be fine, but the SSDs were NVMEs that at the time were super expensive, so fuck me lol.

I'm on my laptop right now wrapping up the map, so you guys are able to play it long before 7PM EST though!

ah yes perfecto lines up with the events i plan!

3 hours ago, Garnet said:

Hello everybody! I don't have a whole lot of time so I won't make this thread too long.

My work computer that I do everything garnet-related off of has spontaneously self combusted (not literally) but the boot drive and 2 other SSDs corrupted themselves, including alot of unreleased Garnet content. I have absolutely no idea why, but they refuse to be detected as boot drives, and appear as "NTFS inaccsible" drives under 'My Computer'

As much as this sucks, and I just lost thousands of hours worth of work in unreleased assets, at the very least I managed to upload a backup of the finished Delta map onto my Google Drive 13 minutes before the corruption happened.

I'm trying to get my PC situated and make a trip to BestBuy to buy a new boot drive in the meantime, making the map release get delayed by 2-3 hours 😞

ETA: 7PM Eastern

When my HDD failed to startup/be detected in BIOS I got this "SATA III to USB 3.0" adapter so my PC could read it like a USB flashdrive lol. Could be worth a shot to see if you can get any of your files off of the drive.

Worked wonders for me when my HDD corrupted, thought i lost all of my vmf files but I was able to transfer them off using the adapter luckily.

• The Garnut
2 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

When my HDD failed to startup/be detected in BIOS I got this "SATA III to USB 3.0" adapter so my PC could read it like a USB flashdrive lol. Could be worth a shot to see if you can get any of your files off of the drive.

Worked wonders for me when my HDD corrupted, thought i lost all of my vmf files but I was able to transfer them off using the adapter luckily.

unfortunately my immediate reaction was "reinstall windows and keep my files" but it most definitely just resulted in a corrupt disc

• Sad 2