Server Rule Overhaul [Racism/Homophobia/Sexism]

49 minutes ago, Garnet said:

As with all things there will be exception, IE: a member with an urban upbringing who's speech includes some foul language may be excused with a verbal warning, but generally, expect this procedure.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to respond but seeing that you left this unlocked I’m assuming you’re allowing some community feedback.

I’m a little confused with the section above. What does this mean exactly? Are “urban” individuals not to be punished the same as other people? Is there more leniency for them? Or should there just be more consideration for those individuals.

38 minutes ago, Yamagata said:

What does this mean exactly? Are “urban” individuals not to be punished the same as other people? Is there more leniency for them? Or should there just be more consideration for those individuals.

Basically some people might have a harder time adjusting to these new guidelines even though they mean well, since they may have been raised in an environment where language like that isnt always disrespectful but rather just part of their upbringing.

You can tell when someone is using soft-a from being close to african-american culture as opposed to someone using racism as a punchline or a hateful impulse. The former being something we would be willing to be patient with, the ladder being unacceptable.

We'll probably have a staff meeting regarding this and edit the training documents soon.

• Like 9
  • Community Director
20 hours ago, Papiraqi said:

Okay so what about if some says “what are you talking about nigga” or “wassup my nigga” does that count as racism?

No I believe that falls under

On 5/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, proggy said:

they may have been raised in an environment where language like that isnt always disrespectful but rather just part of their upbringing.

You can tell when someone is using soft-a from being close to african-american culture as opposed to someone using racism as a punchline or a hateful impulse. The former being something we would be willing to be patient with, the ladder being unacceptable.

(At least from what I read)

Edited by AlexConway
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, Papiraqi said:

Okay so what about if some says “what are you talking about nigga” or “wassup my nigga” does that count as racism?

refer to Conway's comment, because he is right. That exact phrase can be used offensively, or in a neutral (even friendly) way. It all depends on context. 

The -er version though, is outright a racist remark no matter what setting.

• Agree 4
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

I feel like I should point out this is a more lenient system than what MilitaryRP was already using. The de facto system on Mil before was a verbal warning on the first time, then a perm ban if continued, with exceptions either way.