Hiring Part-Time Management & Content Creators

Community Manager- Nick50109

I have been playing GarnetGaming for just over a year now. While I main TTT I try to make an effort when time will allow me to to visit the other servers and engage in the community. I believe that every server has a distinct player base and that everyone needs some attention. 

I have enjoyed playing on the servers and always have looked up to the higher ups of the community. All the managers seem to have the best interest of the community in mind when making decisions. 

I also believe that good communication is absolutely crucial in this community. I have seen moments when a lack of good communication causes drama and serious problems. I would hope to improve on this moving forward and make sure we are all on a level playing field and understand one another. 
Thanks in advance!

ps I also dabbled with Photoshop and Premiere before. 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

I would apply but i suck at everything

3D Logo design
I am working on 3D logos for some time now and when I saw the post I thought that I would be able to provide some good graphics for Garnet Gaming and its community.

Reference Graphics: 

https://garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/16953-garnet-gaming-3d-logo/

Edited by Pointer
nvm i guess i will try
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 5

Not gonna make a very lengthy "application" because I don't really have much to say. Anything related to TS or forums I'm down to do, when it comes to Garnet I literally am LOOKING for shit to do at this point. With the certified forum goblin Zachary Male being gone I'm sure that opens up some work. In addition to forums and TeamSpeak, I learned how to do hitboxes a while back. Not something that I have ever had work in before, but I've fixed up one of the models on the MRP server just for fun (RU ghillie). When I get home on Friday I can send some before and after screenshots of that hitbox. My main focus is really Forums and TS though, cause I'm rather inexperienced in hitboxing, just figured I would throw it in the app cause why not.

Experience - been stuck at mrp head mod for 3 months 😏

Edited by Acer
  • Agree 3

Im not here for any community management role, but rather you could reward long time players and veterans a chance to serve the community again in a consultant/adviser role. The whole premise surrounding the adviser role is basically to help the management and development team work more efficiently in their day to day tasks. Schedule projects and allocate a certain amount of time to oversee content development, community engagement and community expansion.

This idea more than overcomes most of the things you're after, with the general idea that its for the community rather than for money. Just my thoughts, local Aussie out.

15 hours ago, Austin said:

Content Creator

Generally I started getting back into using Adobe Illustrator and photoshop again this year after being away for over a year but I do have quite alot of experience making basic logos and editing photos etc. I've been within this community for close to half a decade now and I'm always looking for new ways to improve or better it.

Here is a Link to my Logo Portfolio from 2019, it includes a couple text logos, hand drawn logos, and just cool designs I came up with for people. https://austint5432.wixsite.com/logos

Another Look at my work is Papiraqi's current forums profile picture...

You'd be awesome for content creation. Seems it's just you, me and pointer are going for content creation, I am rooting for you!

Edited by murph0981
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, WoolleyMonster said:

Community Management

I would be absolutely be honoured to fill in this position, I've put a lot of time into Dark RP, becoming staff back in May and as of recent been made a T admin in little as 3 months, as mentioned all that time ago back in my application,  I want to give back to the community that has given so much to me already in such a short space of time, not only friends, but memories, I've had plenty of discussions in the past with higher ups about situations and how to handle them as my IRL job, as a security manager / hotel receptionist has given me many skills dealing with people, complaints, money etc. The community of GG changes all the time and I strive to see it grow and become something more, personally to see Garnet gaming as a brand would be fantastic, something to push for and to help happen. 

Some more personal statements, that may help in successfully obtaining the position I'm seeking, I have great time management, as mentioned before, because of my job, its a key part of my current position I have at work, I have 0 warns, bans and accepted appeals to date and my Garnet forums reputation is increasing with every post I make. As mentioned before I would love to help over see the development of the servers and how we can improve little to major things upon them, the forums and discord as well. I heavily enjoy computer based work and typing out documents and managing my life for example, from calculations to finding the best deals on IRL items, I write it all down, document it and record in goings and out goings for all transactions and more, as also again this is part of my job IRL as well. I'm also currently studying Health and social care at college with a dream of becoming a Psychologist. 

With all this information given about myself I hope I have fighting chance of successfully obtaining the position.

I like

+1

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2
17 hours ago, WoolleyMonster said:

Community Management

I would be absolutely be honoured to fill in this position, I've put a lot of time into Dark RP, becoming staff back in May and as of recent been made a T admin in little as 3 months, as mentioned all that time ago back in my application,  I want to give back to the community that has given so much to me already in such a short space of time, not only friends, but memories, I've had plenty of discussions in the past with higher ups about situations and how to handle them as my IRL job, as a security manager / hotel receptionist has given me many skills dealing with people, complaints, money etc. The community of GG changes all the time and I strive to see it grow and become something more, personally to see Garnet gaming as a brand would be fantastic, something to push for and to help happen. 

Some more personal statements, that may help in successfully obtaining the position I'm seeking, I have great time management, as mentioned before, because of my job, its a key part of my current position I have at work, I have 0 warns, bans and accepted appeals to date and my Garnet forums reputation is increasing with every post I make. As mentioned before I would love to help over see the development of the servers and how we can improve little to major things upon them, the forums and discord as well. I heavily enjoy computer based work and typing out documents and managing my life for example, from calculations to finding the best deals on IRL items, I write it all down, document it and record in goings and out goings for all transactions and more, as also again this is part of my job IRL as well. I'm also currently studying Health and social care at college with a dream of becoming a Psychologist. 

With all this information given about myself I hope I have fighting chance of successfully obtaining the position.

Okay so I fully ship this, Wooley has shown time and time again that he is absolutely one of the best Staff on DarkRP. Not only have I not noticed some of the all-to-familiar toxicity shown by some of the other Staff team. He is mature and sees through the Bullshit. I believe he can absolutely take this position with the utmost care and professionality that would be needed in a place such as this. 

I've had nothing but good experiences with him and respect him as a person who is close in age to me. He's willing to make a change that this server at this current time DESPERATELY needs.. Please consider him as not just a man for the position itself but as a man for the Garnet Community.

Your Translucent friend

Ghostieee

+1

Edited by Ghostieee
had to +1 (:
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2
  • Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

Community management

I'm on LOA right now due to some friends visiting so don't expect a lot out of me in this 🙂

I'm up to do anything thrown at me for whatever server. Whether it's brainstorming ideas, general help on any of the GMod GG servers, HR work, getting any server on its feet, etc. Been here since early 2020 where I first started out as a S. Mod on DRP, then moved to SWRP and achieved the rank of Admin/GM before the server shut down. After this I migrated over to MRP for a bit becoming a GM, resigning and taking a month break then rejoining MRP and am now happily at T. Admin and HR Staff. I think my experience on GG will make me capable to do most things on any server or on Discord/TS. I also believe this experience shows that I'm willing to help with anything that may be thrown at me. I'm in TS most of the day, pretty active on forums, and mainly active on MRP and DRP here and there when I get a bit bored of MRP. I've always been someone who likes to help out people in anyway I can and I believe I've shown and can continue to show that with this position. 

I've served 0 bans and only I believe 2 warns on DRP back in early 2020 when I was just starting out. But since then I've held a clean record other than a few meme bans. 

I have a shit ton of free time on my hands and I already commit most of it to Garnet so at this point, why not shoot for this. But also, for my full experience for leadership n stuff etc peep the forum signature and it has all my ranks in chronological order.

and sidenote, I honestly wouldn't be here for the money nor would I need / want it. I'd just like to help out on GG anyway I can.

Thank you! 🙂

Edited by eli_
  • Like 3

Welp, here I go.

Who am I?

I am TheExaltedPrime/Billy and I run/manage the IT infrastructure for a land development company in the B.C region of Canada. I have multiple employees under me, either it being software developers, contractors and even social media influencers, I lead them to the point where some of them are even older than me (The oldest I can legally boss around is 64 years old) It can entail to either telling people to roll out app updates to payroll app updates, tracking employees and doing employee exercises and even community games. (Yes, sometimes even firing people but I rarely do that, and when I say rarely, I never fired anyone without getting their side of the story and listening and seeing what I can do to change their attitude and if they can't change, I'll shuffle them around to not have to do the stuff they were doing and get them to do other projects, and if that fails then I will let them go) (I highly recommend getting into the IT field, it's a fun field and if you love computers, it's an awesome foothold into software engineering and even network engineering) 

I also ran and sold multiple game servers (High and low pop servers) and have experience running/building servers for big companies. I even ran my own hosting company back in late 2012/early 2013.

Why do I aim to manage Garnet?

I feel that current situations, people lack vision, it's just a game, to me, it's an opportunity to grow a community into something big, something known. It's ability to go after the 99, while people worry about the 1. I want to see the community grow. I want to see changes happen and to be able to make those changes. To be firm but understanding and to be just but gentle. GarnetGaming isn't just a means for money, it's a means for people to come and be themselves, and right now, it seems people cant even do that. I want to change that. I want someone to log in and be like "Aight bois, see ya tomorrow and be on tomorrow with their friends" not "Aight man, I guess I'll see you on the server in a few days" and log off. I want it to be memorable. That's my goal.

Do you have any previous bans and problems with staff?

Yup! I got banned for Overteaming on Rust and MRDM on DRP but hey, who hasn't been banned? Does it define you? No, but the experience strengthens you. I mean, I made a huge thread on what should change in Rust and my DRP thread is coming soon as well. 

What sets you aside from every other applicant?

A few things like my voice. I want it to be heard, I will stop at nothing to talk to you, and when I do, I will talk your ear off. I want to make things better, and if I have an idea, I am not afraid to say it. I also want to say my tenacity to get things done. I will spend every waking hour doing something I see as productive and make sure it can help someone. Say for example a new rule. I will comb the threads of past appeals, past bans or past discussions and make a new rule so people can ban off of it, or people can follow it, so there is no confusion in the future, that's how dedicated I am. I also want to say my gentleness and looking out for my fellow player. 

We have been hit hard this year with the passing of two amazing team members, and I want to make it my mission to reach out to everyone if I hear you are having a rough time. We are in this together, and I will not, and I mean will not, bury another soldier in the back in this everlasting war against the darkness if I can change the outcome. 

But if I don't get Manager, then GGs on top, firm handshakes, I will still be here to make long posts and being an ear for the community, my works and my actions do not count as much as my faith towards this community and it's members.

We can do this, and we can do this together. In my eyes, we all are managers.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 4

Community Manager Application

About me

I'm 18 years old and a senior in High School. I play a ton of video games, but mainly Garry's Mod. I started playing GMod in 2011 and currently have five thousand hours in it. I had found Garnet Gaming through MilitaryRP in mid-2017, though I didn't get involved with the community towards the end of 2017. I had recently taken a break from MRP and Garnet but as of May, I returned to the community. I main MilitaryRP but I also play DarkRP. In 2018, I was a staff member, resigning as Head Moderator due to life issues. I have always enjoyed playing Garnet Gaming, and it seems like I always will enjoy it.

Why should you choose me over others?

Firstly, I have been in the community for quite a long time, now some people defiantly have been in the community longer than me and probably more active than me as well. I have seen how the community has changed over time, whether it being the staff members to the entire community in general. I have a good sense of what has worked in the past and what hasn't from precedents from staff members and management. Throughout my years in the community, I have never felt the need to troll or break rules. I will continue to follow that trend to the best of my ability.

Secondly, I have experience being staff in many different communities, including here. Starting in late 2016, I started my "staff career" in a DarkRP community which I will refrain from putting the name on due to advertisement rules. Most of my staffing experience is in DarkRP, but I have been a previous staff member in GG MilitaryRP. Throughout all my staff experience, I learned how to deal with sits efficiently, deal with "mingy" people, deal with staff, etc. I think that having a lot of staff experience from different communities helps because it allows me to have different perspectives on things since every server does something differently.

Finally, I have some experience being upper administration in some communities, including owning some servers as well. Having this experience is crucial to be a good community manager. When owning servers, I learned a lot about staff management, dealing with community-wide situations, having to think of ways to get people into the server and keep them engaged. My servers never got super successful, but I did have quite a few members in my community before it went downhill due to a lot of mistakes. Even though those mistakes caused the downfall of my hard work, I learned a lot from them. I realized what works and doesn't work, and I could bring that knowledge here.

Why do I want to be a Community Manager?

The main reason I want to be a Community Manager is that I want to help the community. Being paid is nice, but for me, it isn't necessary. Over the years, I have met a ton of people here that otherwise I wouldn't have met. Especially in the last couple of months, I have enjoyed being with the community, talking to people, making friendships, and just overall having fun. I feel like I really could help with the community with my experience and whatnot. I was already considering applying for staff again on MilitaryRP but decided to apply to this first. This position would allow me to help the entire community instead of just MRP. 

Information
Username: Pappa Eric
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:36916350
Discord: Pappa Eric#6913
Years in the community: 4 Years
Warns, kicks, bans: None

Finally, I would just like to say, thank you for reading this application.

Edited by PappaEric
Grammar
  • Disagree 1