Server Management/Executive Promotions (Spring 2024) ×

Omega Version 1 Megathread - IDEAS NEEDED

11 minutes ago, Nutter said:

e00405dcb369b46e6e7ba1d4ff815ee3.jpg

Could be interesting, it would surely change a lot, and I honestly think it would be harder to get onto OBJs because of how many spots are now open cause the walls being gone. But then again, I was never a fan of removing them.

• The Garnut
Just now, Kermat said:

Is it possible to move the bases back a little bit?

This quite literally goes against the one thing people undisputably loved about the map; running to an objective in 10 seconds as opposed to 20-40

• Agree 3
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

I know you're slightly unsure what to do with the walls/wall area and what the community wants, so I had this poll done in the Discord

unknown.png

I do want to note from a practical perspective of the map, with the walls staying removed, basecamp rules would allow either side to sit right outside the walls of the base hypothetically, which is obviously not what the map was originally made with in mind so that will need looking at if the walls are to remain gone.

• Like 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Also for bases, might be worth removing the runway and setting up buildings so each SOC faction could have their own bunks. That's a cool factor on the current map that each faction as a full building to their own, including base factions. As the runway isn't necessary, due to lack of aircraft other than helicopters, it would free up the space without real detriment to the base.

• Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

The only issue I really had on this map was with PP. (Power Plant). In my opinion, I think it's the most overlooked and underwhelming OBJ on the map and throwing in some more rocks, trees, and barricades around wouldn't hurt. To explain more in depth: 
spacer.png
Ignore the arch (older SS) but I think the bottom right portion of this screenshot could use some more rocks/trees.
Next part I would change is to add some more random broken down cars, sandbags, and boxes near the outskirts just to provide a bit more cover.
Lastly, this may have been said already but just to be sure, the top right of the SS at the corner of the walls, I would say removing or moving that rock. It's been a popular place people headglitch and camp and I think it could case more issues in the future. Perhaps making it taller/shorter to make it harder to headglitch on?
Thanks!

Edited by eli_
  • Like 1
  • Forums Moderator

Sorry to double post but I just wanted to ask you Garnet if it would be possible to make the 3 room bunks like we have now on Delta. It really comes in handy to have multiple rooms to do shit in and maybe you could just take the ones from Delta and just put them onto Omega. To explain where they would fit: 

spacer.png
I think the far right and far left side of the base you could put them on both sides. Perhaps you could take away a bit of the runway/the crates on the right to make space? If you need me to elaborate (only if this is possible) please let me know and I would be happy to.

• Agree 1

If you are having issues with a lot of dead space/"no mans land" type areas, why not just remove the dead space? I've been told you're struggling with adding new things to fill the space, but instead of having to fill up that space with superficial buildings and whatnot just remove it all together. It might take some fucking around with displacements and whatnot as well as moving some things around so the map still flows fluidly, but I don't feel like anyone is going to be able to come up with suitable things to fill that void up. It makes more sense to me to just remove the space and make the map more compact (which with this map is a good thing).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...