Server Management/Executive Promotions (Spring 2024) ×

MilitaryRP Changelog [11/07/2021]

Nutter

• The Garnut

Massive thank you to those of you who insisted "we've got your back" in relation to MRP. I loved spending 3 days at the hospital and coming back to an almost entirely dead server with 20-30 player peaks, you really did have my back on that one 🙂

In any case, I sorted out some issues in relation to the current gamemode listed below as some people couldn't help but complain repeatedly about non-issues to me throughout those 3 days. These complaints I got may or may not be the reason for a lower population, but what do I know? maybe some people are triggered about not being able to headglitch or even that the scoreboard isn't sorted to their liking.

• Adjusted primary swapping timer (reduced) by 40% 
  • Scoreboard is now again sorted by class name
  • Re-implemented AFSOC NPC seeing as /giveweapon was disabled due to super high potential for abuse and a lack of prevalent upper administration to look out for such cases of abuse
  • War orbs (generated orbs, mafia money bag, mystery prize) will remove themselves at the end of war, untested for anything other than Generated Orb, so I don't know if their removal can be read as a table (more for myself troubleshooting in the future) - this may have been a source of FPS lag
  • Hashed out whatever errors I could find with Search and Destroy (albeit I couldn't get it to a point of breaking the server as previously described)

Now please save the typical "spend time with your father" or "take time for yourself". This is my own livelihood as well as one more member in this community who gets paid for his role (technically 2 if you count part-time work for Garnet) taking a break isn't an option for me when one of the servers that keeps us afloat (MRP & DRP) is severely struggling and netting $20 over a 3 day period. It's unfortunate I don't have anyone else picking up the issues and even attempting to help at a time like this, but reasons like this is why I officially chose to cancel any future plans for SWRP. The files were not deleted permanently because of @bishopil's request, but no high hopes for that one.

• Sad 11
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2
1 minute ago, Nutter said:

I officially chose to cancel any future plans for SWRP

dang

The one thing I had to look forward to, gone

I understand why you have to do this, it's just hard to hear. I really hope something happens to make it work one day, but in the mean time it's the right call.

Winter break is coming up and I'm sure the servers are gonna be booming then, regardless its not worth holding my breath over swrp coming back

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut
13 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

The one thing I had to look forward to, gone

I understand why you have to do this, it's just hard to hear. I really hope something happens to make it work one day, but in the mean time it's the right call.

Winter break is coming up and I'm sure the servers are gonna be booming then, regardless its not worth holding my breath over swrp coming back

The only thing that could make it work is a more compassionate/helpful playerbase, and not what we currently deal with within MilitaryRP (continuous whining, drama, and no constructive criticism). Winter break would mean nothing but temporarily inflated numbers. Our SWRP playerbase heavily depends on MilitaryRP players, and at this point, it's not a community worth wasting a breath on, and i'm only working on what's already there (genuinely) to avoid feeling like I wasted 5-6 years of my life.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 4
7 hours ago, Nutter said:

(continuous whining, drama, and no constructive criticism).

Seem's like these issues still haven't gotten any better despite a long discussion in the discord with a couple members of the executive team a while back stating that we should host server wide meetings and country wide meetings. Hopefully, shit picks back up soon and people can start to recognize the issues and make adjustments to fix them if not I fear for the future of the server. Staff Executives need to start discussing plans with faction leaders inorder to boost the playerbase of the server and I already know a couple issues that could be addressed and/or fixed. Thank you for your continued dedication even to a server that may not appreciate it sometimes.

54 minutes ago, leansamuel101 said:

I can’t lie to you bro these issues won’t get better unless reevaluation of whose at the top in terms of power happens I can’t lie to you the people who have positions of powers in the server a good bit of them can be biased as hell and even witch-hunt at times which ofc brings toxicity to the server naturally it’s kinda mad when you have a ts full of players happy as shit to get someone banned off one clip I’d say a server wide meeting would help but it really wouldn’t as usually most meetings are just people pitching ideas and then those ideas never get touched 

Well said I think a serious re-evaluation as you said of not only possible staff team members but people who play a pivotal role in certain RP Positions must be looked at. Taliban is currently dead as hell and is lacking in fresh officers and 11B/A was just completely torn apart by an inactive GA. These two factions are both what keeps the flow of new players into SOC and if somethings aren't changed soon SOC regiments will start to dry-out.

• Agree 1