DarkRP Update [12/11/2021]

• The Garnut

logo.png

@Proggy was opposed to my controversial changes (making vending machine SLIGHTLY less advantageous in order to promote drugs and such, so please bare with me and see how this plays out!)

Drug System

Entirely rewritten the servers' 5-6 years old drug system 🙂

gr_78ul5i.png

This chunk took almost 16 hours of consecutive work, so you people better enjoy it,

My lua skills were finally up to par for doing such task, and I gave them a fun RNG type feel where you might think "should I take another one for an advantage during raid, or will this be the one that pushes my character into overdosing territory?"

gr_9pssxz.png

To give some examples of how drugs will now work without entirely spoiling the mechanics, i'll toss you a bone:

Heroin needs can result in your character contracting STDs from a dirty needle, cocaine can result in a heart attack. However, if you're lucky enough (the odds are in your favor) you can get your speed to be at 3x the previously defined drug max speeds limit. The more expensive the drugs, the better odds are in your favor. But also, the further you push drugs, the closer you are to an overdose.

While I was at it, I also took care of:

Fixed issue with Bleach not removing screen effect after expiration

Hitman System

gr_ykwdmn.png

Cooldown on players placing hits has been reduced from 15 minutes down to 3 minutes

Cooldown on placing hits on specific users has been reduced from 15 minutes to 10

Trails

I heard some of you are looking for new flashy moneysinks, how about extremely expensive trails?

This perk will not remove until you leave the server/crash/the server restarts. As with all other items, IE: wearable materials, no refunds will be given for such items

Smoke Trail

Prestige 7 - $5,000,000 

gr_xueosq.png

Additionally, the following are available:

RED Smoke Trail

Prestige 9 - $10,000,000 

RED Smoke Trail

Prestige 9 - $10,000,000 

If this feature is found to not have any effect on client performance, it will be expanded upon with more trails, and potentially a lower price/accessibility for lower prestiges. This feature is NOT restricted for VIP members.

Vending Machine

gr_ygqrsm.png

Speed Boost

Speed reduced by 10%

Price Increased from 3k to 5k

Jump Boost

Price increased from 3k to 5k

10% damage increase

price increased from 4.5k to 7.5k

20% damage Increase [VIP]

Damage increase reduced to 15%

Price increased from 7k to 12.5k

20% Recoil Reduction

Reduced to 15% reduction

Price increased from 4k to 5k

EDIT:

SPEEDRAN A SHITTY UPDATE,

201 SECONDS AFTER THIS WAS POSTED,  THIS HAPPENED:

gr_y3i223.png

• Like 2
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Creative 1
  • Haha 2
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
4 minutes ago, gizmo said:

nerfed perks = bad update, am angy, admins pls fix

Would've been acceptable of a response if you actually got on to see how little of a difference 10% makes in an almost 100% speed buff you get in the vending machine, because that was a super conservative amount. Unfortunately, I can't fix stupid 😞 

• Like 2
  • The Garnut
2 minutes ago, Super_Quackers said:

ngl, the perk degrade with price increase is bs, everything else mkay...

Refer to my previous message. To me it seems like you just need an aid in order to do well on the server, and can't imagine playing on an even field without that advantage (WHICH HAS HARDLY BEEN AFFECTED TO BEGIN WITH, we're talking from almost 100% boost to 90% - super conservative approach) lmao.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Nutter said:

Refer to my previous message. To me it seems like you just need an aid in order to do well on the server, and can't play without that advantage (WHICH HAS HARDLY BEEN AFFECTED TO BEGIN WITH) lmao.

When you are constantly getting rdm/mrdm, it helps to have that "advantage" to return the favor and stay alive...

29 minutes ago, Super_Quackers said:

When you are constantly getting rdm/mrdm, it helps to have that "advantage" to return the favor and stay alive...

Just get more money...

But overall good update but sad that perks cost more now lol 

Like the custimizables but i wont be able to use them my self pretty cool update

• The Garnut
Just now, Fetn said:

Just get more money...

But overall good update but sad that perks cost more now lol 

Like the custimizables but i wont be able to use them my self pretty cool update

Hey man, I can always lower the prices, as things progress, I really wanted to incentivize drug dealer and bartender (who both have cheaper and more handy perks than vending machine now)

EDIT: i've added MUCK filter from Crab Games for @Proggy

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3