[MilitaryRP] Omega Edits Megathread

• StarWarsRP Administration Team

logo.png.f655a706f14519b42316b9201ad5561

Garnet Community,

With Omega Version 1 having been out for a couple of weeks now, it is the perfect time to see what parts of the map could be adjusted to improve everyone's experience on the map. With this in mind, we are asking the community for their feedback on the current version of the map and are open to suggestions of any kind for changes to the map.

As with the previous suggestion megathread, suggestions can be made regarding everything that is or isn't on the map. Suggestions that receive plenty of "Agree" reacts will be implemented, and ones with plenty of "Disagree" reacts will be removed / ignored.

Thank you

Link to map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2669470736

Edited by Theos
  • Like 1
  • Winner 2
  • The Garnut

To my best understanding people had wanted visibility to be turned down (fog/clipping plane) a further 20% so that the condensed map does not allow for areas of the map such as embassy covering such a wide range of roads. Current clipping value is at 6000, and I am ok with turning it down to 5200

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
2 hours ago, Proggy said:

You cannot walk through this recruit room door in US base, luckily there are two other doors to exit from.

Also, to match how Afghan Recruit Room works, a button by that door to open/close the big hangar door would be helpful as there is only one button for that door and its in the little trainer entrance area, which would have to be looped back to in order to close it right now. 

Also Factory's cap point should be shifted slightly more towards the larger room full of shelves/boxes. Most of that large room you cannot cap the objective in and its a good area for combat anyway

Airfield 

Remove the windows in pictures to open up grenade/sniper sightlines as the only possible way to launch AOE utility into OBJ is through the roof/doors into OBJ. 

8BUlxsbmhcis6ovgXy83O0Z0UJ6mogpw4ekL1KkthkIcvaLhTzrVgr-tKv80u4to3EixVKTrstYxbCB2o6ZETWS1lUmyV0qvUOCzk1s5iEKKjuenc6Cn4Y4rsT48WoXWV5j0oC_g

Add a door to the back to enter the first floor. Add a rope to the back of OBJ for roof access. Possibly add another roof hole or hatch to directly access the 2nd floor. 

wnFqthOjGYZm9HNpu5f7xL2d3WNOmBJR_gtAuGBRuHbvfGw2ZK-oU9IuMeGasvwI33K-ITyfp21Dbj10uby0C_Wch5YIvyhduu7-VYU3zNissK0rLCJs4r1zU8yck-2Ad36CD9U3

Remove the concrete around the door frame. It’s very tight and only allows for 1 body to walk through them which is cluttered. Open up the area for movement a bit more. 

4xxGFKvERELHY1iiJ0ZYP83b8d8YqBUz4ZkcTeNj1V0xE7SunWQTeGQL8i-xWoaxvXK8LqeQMRFuWMkiE-wN4uyUAtivChM5dkXeykhLY12oyJTX_iMgWpF2SnrHTj_7BfpUU-f4

Remove this wall entirely to the garage. It only allows one body to push the first floor through the garage at a time and the tank would serve as suitable cover on its own without that wall. 7iNq_JXcYTZb_G_YkNdqMTtVNryIOyh3_m57Yqmbc9rfUuxG5VXGoJCItQKCGNpgFTRrYTmlrG_x0lvNj7ABQYp-J3_3E03_Tzt0Q0Em6GELxfAXpm7qWPNEdOI-FG2DIHjB4iD8

Add cover to the roof. Concrete barriers, boxes etc.

N4PsB-egHk8RsjA7y8p6WwaSUOAb10pG7M7ngvNcUuCfwvuRyWF6250HJBbBFw2nyFJ90ZQov9rAOKIoRroAGmM4NXMZ2oiWFhbi2XbR9kdb8jPD3HP-R0CjqEF5hN4W4bAkjg6Y

Adding Cover to this road will improve attacking for both sides. It is very open and whatever nation holds AA can easily cut off reinforcements. 

o6AatpWjBdcnuu_IjMyhVbd32e1svqC1sGxdJ-UqxqWKLxe9L_9YylgCI7gWul9ZYjecEBm6S96yhB9KBmqlDIxz1Rg5UyOFg9aN0cLgpISp-zmtozR2z-iyJYuV3c9GNekiqbbD

Similar to the first-floor suggestion, remove the door frames to allow more than one body to come through. Currently, at the top of the stairs, it is a 50/50 angle which is super easy to hold if players hold a crossfire. It gets very cluttered up there when trying to push obj. 

Ck2KkZb1HGULcpWj6NPkbhjmAdvO5l2uiS_yS9KA0lKKMdaVRuyAjNx6NWvyOxSZG0mjheWn_ImRoRH_TdF4z14mteekeXCa6wl-nM4KETZ_8wL25pwHmUODMLBRuHlNOVSF3D-4

The consoles here are easy to headglitch and maintain an OP angle on the door, but these aren’t a big deal if you use explosives to clear. If possible, adjust a little so they don't have an angle on the doors.

EiBXT9ocwNdPmEt147hxDHTeVS_WGsxKFKgvv70M8lAFHdpttX1r49JG2iI1Gt9y_OHCPLlSIVcmn5STbxAbV_4i9AFMoZ9cc0rrWEHt_slaj__xyzkKk8DCkynslkROU80VnmCT

This tower needs to be moved/removed as it can see Tali Gate. 

uIKSiJ6uv-cue9S1SWwc-QGctZGYOpVhJBLUj6dgtZam47B927kfwJ-1KuCfGd4GakSjcpDos0psVy9DxPZqK_DRhcJc-Um_tPyJwlH-YXArSr2SqaayCbJ0eXxkyvXvZSdfdNnb

PjEqrEJXRQ73YuVED61gUH5jBxYFwPmTyo-T3mEyy5HgZ8YecvYHNFnh3N2d_H4Ahly66k_CcJpFTh4SIRTCnJ_TZdwUogjWjhLU3i_OVaEvrZ7fzdLDkl3dqMArx7eBwzl3hd6K

Add a few holes into the back wall as the only way over is a boost. 

Clby0F232rBjCdf3A3FrzNgq_oA3aOPKRXBMRlCfe0dd6ktwdE1ndQqs5xnU6PVK2kdA0fhXOuWZfrxGCfh_E1VA6V_m-5Gq5RQf22NEWv7wZxQCshkIW_J_oQHkybaQVymhlwJE

Mosque

Delete this big tree and push oil over to where it used to be. If I’m correct, oil acts as cover to push the Mosque from, but it’s often just used by Tali to further cut off US reinforcements at GS.

N3spplDU7Iu_mn0Xr_GeTQ2YTdxbQMvz4INlGv_-Hfc_kCuyg2SCS2L0VK79Pm6-hfiCRatynqR4TnEVW_O-5XfIXTJ3CfsKcOLzs33EgYGEt8-2PQVSiag3Sg3PVLWgBUyJsz4M

Delete/move this truck cause you can headglitch the entire push from GS to Mosque from the garage door. 

GZ7oxjc3jGKA3TRQtCH7grzfVlaEut87rhFodqPYOh3XJAjB1IHXwqgrOA2CEFUm3zunr77RpkfWL0j4-M5lbVo54bZEPrBpJgHrNjfWLD-nK3pd2cuq_KP872rAYQadOAu-ffya

Factory

Add a wall where these two blue pillars are as the Tali push from Courtyard/Factory allows them to see down the lane and shoot US before they get near OBJ. 

hSynCjKhWPKxqZZJIeTQX0FIMcr6ZiiQ1gPYPiaT_tn9pDeaJrcPjwn3hSC1A9WWUu18du7i2WjuUogU-SKYtKNWV36vShZSn9mdgl3UFGIfqfQRRJrtovji6nYvcFyjJCsOsSaI

If you aren’t a fan of the last suggestion, maybe raise this wall to the height of either pillar.

L2CVvyLEJtdHu7gFGJ-sEol2cqVFK0x7fefej4dUjAEilh0yqssKgE2Dz8xJizPmO1y-KToQM11irRDbnZzQc98xg4K7lT3M4Sv5ZDBSFS687rLXIKy-DOGKe46Nkqfy1EZ8JbIX

Mosque

Add cover to this intersection. This is the sightline from the garage earlier and it just needs a few more obstacles to allow the US to push up from GS. 

yiAM1p0ibwmhAlBCEpZDP6-U0YIXmDVQGe5Z4SmdALgq6FgAkL8I4vF8xq627-P_OHpW30woYU4ucJxXu51kLyrtj8a1-sRTJvbpBjBvoO6j6N9DuYhDg43z_Gp-S-3FH0OtUTcs

US Base

These two buildings are most often used by Tali to basecamp US from, so maybe boarding up some windows or allowing them to be passed through more easily can ease this up. 

c-HggVZnewsHy_xVk8Apk-jUGq9WvMJG0frPrYaexxcpT8RhYG4lQCyGMTI24YD-8sF47_6ir-GCdWxKxYWnKvouv_M3NpQArPyRBpQYlM4WYZPEIDEwIruPZK0H5L3NKAzHrfHi

bAwbvcSvaDO50l2rpl3Ddr320F2Li-iZkdA8n-cu5FhMgbZkMJTzOeaNo_84NIOzlnH-3kq5NzfDOrbQGVkKF2p3ehohUu19WSV5LJL1SdHtFR3mzNdTJ0kD1NuRy-qB8nsAJaiu

Factory

Here are a couple of clips that show powerful sightlines that are most easily accessible by Tali. The wall suggestion at Factory from earlier could fix the first angle, and for the second clip I suggest removing that box completely. 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/73942317/d1337Dp94XCf?invite=cr-MSxEeWcsMjM0MDUyMzcs

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/74241821/d1337CSDVRtK?invite=cr-MSxSS2UsMjM0MDUyMzcs

• Winner 1
  • Agree 5

Biggest thing for me that I don't think has been covered yet is the curbs surrounding every road. They're so high that vehicles aren't able to get over them unless the surrounding ground is raised abnormally. To clarify, I'm talking about the outside of the curb, where someone off-roading would pass over to re-enter the road. Lowering them a bit would help if the task isn't too tedious. 

Edited by Milky
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
18 hours ago, bishopil said:

These two buildings are most often used by Tali to basecamp US from, so maybe boarding up some windows or allowing them to be passed through more easily can ease this up. 

I agree with everything but this. Tali should not be anywhere near these buildings to begin with. Enforcement on that is needed more than boarding it up

20 hours ago, bishopil said:

Airfield 

Remove the windows in pictures to open up grenade/sniper sightlines as the only possible way to launch AOE utility into OBJ is through the roof/doors into OBJ. 

8BUlxsbmhcis6ovgXy83O0Z0UJ6mogpw4ekL1KkthkIcvaLhTzrVgr-tKv80u4to3EixVKTrstYxbCB2o6ZETWS1lUmyV0qvUOCzk1s5iEKKjuenc6Cn4Y4rsT48WoXWV5j0oC_g

If this is done, the gap should be made larger and start closer to the ground. If just the windows got removed, imo, it could be used to snipe out from much easier than sniping in to

Description: The garage near mosque has props that are all moveable. Sometimes i walked by and i see cash registers and toilets randomly in the street. You can find the truck inside most of the time, it has duplicated. I think those props should be perma propped.

Reasoning: The duplicated props and some props escaping the garage can affect the server in a variety of ways due to the violent shaking the trucks cause and many props doubling. This looks messy and needs to be acted upon.

Additional Information: All photos show props that need to be perma propped

Truckhttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199050432651/screenshots/

Green cabinet, Fridge, cash registerhttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199050432651/screenshots/

Locker, Toilet, sinkhttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199050432651/screenshots/

Edited by BenZ

Description:
Make USASF bunks a tad bit larger larger, the bunks are super small for the unit size.

Reasoning:
I understand that the USASF is a Tier 3 currently, however, we are the largest SOC unit within the US Side and use our bunks more than the other SOC factions.
I don't want stupid large bunks like DF, but I do feel like we should've been given at least a larger bunk than Rangers, the prison shouldn't take up 3/4s of our bunks.

Additional Information: 
I have created a small image quickly drawing out a possible plan for the new GB bunks, I'd like all your feedback on anything regarding this and possibly better improvements to the bunks.spacer.png 

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Description:
Make USASF bunks a tad bit larger larger, the bunks are super small for the unit size.

Reasoning:
I understand that the USASF is a Tier 3 currently, however, we are the largest SOC unit within the US Side and use our bunks more than the other SOC factions.
I don't want stupid large bunks like DF, but I do feel like we should've been given at least a larger bunk than Rangers, the prison shouldn't take up 3/4s of our bunks.

Additional Information: 
I have created a small image quickly drawing out a possible plan for the new GB bunks, I'd like all your feedback on anything regarding this and possibly better improvements to the bunks.spacer.png 

I could see this happening for both rangers and usasf, just a general expansion.

• Agree 2

Add a fence or wall with its own gate around the airstrip in US base as they would have one in real life and not be open to any random Joe Shmoe from entering it (RR is an exception). Creates a base of operations for SOAR operations and some base internal security RP

On 12/16/2021 at 4:58 PM, bishopil said:

Similar to the first-floor suggestion, remove the door frames to allow more than one body to come through. Currently, at the top of the stairs, it is a 50/50 angle which is super easy to hold if players hold a crossfire. It gets very cluttered up there when trying to push obj. 

Ck2KkZb1HGULcpWj6NPkbhjmAdvO5l2uiS_yS9KA0lKKMdaVRuyAjNx6NWvyOxSZG0mjheWn_ImRoRH_TdF4z14mteekeXCa6wl-nM4KETZ_8wL25pwHmUODMLBRuHlNOVSF3D-4

The consoles here are easy to headglitch and maintain an OP angle on the door, but these aren’t a big deal if you use explosives to clear. If possible, adjust a little so they don't have an angle on the doors.

EiBXT9ocwNdPmEt147hxDHTeVS_WGsxKFKgvv70M8lAFHdpttX1r49JG2iI1Gt9y_OHCPLlSIVcmn5STbxAbV_4i9AFMoZ9cc0rrWEHt_slaj__xyzkKk8DCkynslkROU80VnmCT

I agree with some of the stuff in this. But Removing some of the stuff in this would be kinda over powering. But I agree with removing/making the doorways bigger.