DarkRP Changelog [02/07/2022]

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png

Server Optimization

Implemented SWRP's general optimization for handling NPCs - this change will somewhat help stabilize the server under heavy loads, by allowing for more CPU headroom

27e243d6bf9f9dee49550af49c07448e.png

Slowed down the spawning of Adv Dupe II (from 5 seconds to paste constraints, all the way to 10)

Modified Adv Dupe as to disallow players from resizing props

Attempted to disallow Adv Dupe II from pasting ropes

Removed marketplace from Unboxing System (this system was severely eating away at server performance - and led to our CPU being maxed at above 90 players when utilized) - thankfully I found out that this system was mistakenly added onto the server by an executive team member, and caught it overloading a few users' net channels.

Slapped a band-aid solution for collision between dropped weapon and drugs by making them not collide with one another until a better solution is met

Removed Right Click (easy weld) from the Weld tool - requested by Proggy

604aef1c980557de150b9031150087e3.png

Fixed Police Officer, Police Exterminator and Adept Officer access to PD doors

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

it was used to make physics objects

Right, I used it quite a bit to make functional elevators. It was a lot of fun, I know some other building enthusiasts like Abides and Metal Star Power used it to do some really cool stuff. I know that obv most physics objects are blocked to prevent minge, but the easy weld was a fairly complex workaround especially considering that you had to pay for VIP to gain access to adv dupe, then go into sandbox and take the time to build your object, then be taught about the easy wield workaround by one of the few ppl who know it, and then use it make the object work. Just curious about the reasoning behind removing it, it didn't really seem like an issue ever and most of us kept the workaround secret to prevent casuals from abusing it. I'm interesting in knowing what kind of issues it was causing because I never personally saw the downside of it. But it sure seems like there was a negative consequence of it's use (that I was unaware of), which is why I am asking haha.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, ChoppaBrandNew said:

Right, I used it quite a bit to make functional elevators. It was a lot of fun, I know some other building enthusiasts like Abides and Metal Star Power used it to do some really cool stuff. I know that obv most physics objects are blocked to prevent minge, but the easy weld was a fairly complex workaround especially considering that you had to pay for VIP to gain access to adv dupe, then go into sandbox and take the time to build your object, then be taught about the easy wield workaround by one of the few ppl who know it, and then use it make the object work. Just curious about the reasoning behind removing it, it didn't really seem like an issue ever and most of us kept the workaround secret to prevent casuals from abusing it. I'm interesting in knowing what kind of issues it was causing because I never personally saw the downside of it. But it sure seems like there was a negative consequence of it's use (that I was unaware of), which is why I am asking haha.

also I'm confused why the basketball still exists if physics objects cause so much lag

• Agree 1