StarwarsRP Update [02/14/2021]

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png

This may just be one of our biggest updates to date in terms of new content?

Whitelist System

Corrected improperly working whitelist permissions

Fixed players being able to access commando classes for 41st/91st/327th without the necessarily whitelist

Repaired the whitelisting structure for the entirety of 41st Elite Corps

Media Player

Updated with heaps of new content including the soundtracks from the The Clone Wars 2008

6de193427ab916837a30bea64fc53b17.png

Requisitions

Functionality

Added distance check to where NPCs can only be utilized on nearby Landing Pads

Landing locations

added many extra landing locations to be shared among piloting players

Images courtesy of @AlexConway

Screenshot_19.png

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_22.png

Screenshot_21.png

Screenshot_24.png

Screenshot_23.png

Requisitions NPC

Renamed to 'Republic Requisitions' 

Fortification Building

Bring the Fortnite vibes on

The following jobs were given a fortification building tablet:

104th Wolfpack Leader, 104th Battalion CO/XO

327th Saboteur, Sergeant, Officer, CO, XO and K-Company Leader

9f6b3cae02d61d773b5f22534d37d3d0.png

This tool may be utilized by players to deploy barricades, fences and other fortification type object in order to seek cover during battle.

Keys

Removed all animations related to utilizing the R key while having 'Keys' out

This change was requested by @AlexConway, presumably to sway people to utilize such commands in a more RP manner

Medical Certification

Complete overahul to the medic system

2b8c70eb64ae1b8130eeb25c98e960d5.png

The good ole reliable medkit has been removed and replaced with a Bacta Injector

Additionally, we've got the following sweps at our disposal: Force Heal, Bacta Grenade

Pilot Squadron

Two additional classes have been added

64f197bcde4183d619666bd4a2e346cc.png

Lead now has whitelisting capabilities for both Recruit and Adept

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Fortification Building

This tool may be utilized by players to deploy barricades, fences and other fortification type object in order to seek cover during battle.

This has been on the MRP Trello since the 7th of November, 2021. Surely this will make the next MRP update.

• The Garnut
2 minutes ago, Salmon said:

This has been on the MRP Trello since the 7th of November, 2021. Surely this will make the next MRP update.

not really sure how it'd be necessary on MRP, and also, there's nobody there to enforce it's not being abused.

1 minute ago, Nutter said:

not really sure how it'd be necessary on MRP, and also, there's nobody there to enforce it's not being abused.

uh.. I sort of.. explained that in my suggestion post ;-;

but hopefully the swrp guys have fun with all the stuffs they got in this update! 

• The Garnut

Going to make a final comment on the MRP discussion, before we can allow some SWRP players who this update pertains to comment, since you guys thought it was necessary to bring up here:

As far as I can tell, there is an immense amount of quality control from @Proggy/ @AlexConway / @special / @Ziggy when it comes to what takes place in SWRP, who has access to what, and how it's being utilized, and as such, I can trust regular players to use very exploitable features, under the impression if anything even remotely goes wrong, it'll get addressed immediately.

On the contrary, it has been years since someone seemingly cared a whole lot about casual abuse by officers in MRP (atleast the last time I was around) and not enough has changed for me to be comfortable with giving people such powers. Just as a basic example, months ago when we added in cuffs, it was Officers' literal first reaction to just slap them on anybody on sight, and it still would happen to me ANYTIME I got on MRP. For those reasons, no, MilitaryRP at this time is not getting this type of content. I can see myself logging on to be sorrounded by fences, because somebody thought it'd be a great joke.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 4
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

Fortification Building

Hopefully to See this coming to MRP in the future! Glad to see it coming to GarnetGaming Servers now!

1 hour ago, Nutter said:

Medical Certification

Complete overahul to the medic system

2b8c70eb64ae1b8130eeb25c98e960d5.png

The good ole reliable medkit has been removed and replaced with a Bacta Injector

Additionally, we've got the following sweps at our disposal: Force Heal, Bacta Grenade

YES MORE MEDIC STUFF!

• Community Director
16 hours ago, Nutter said:

As far as I can tell, there is an immense amount of quality control from @Proggy/ @AlexConway / @special / @Ziggy when it comes to what takes place in SWRP, who has access to what, and how it's being utilized, and as such, I can trust regular players to use very exploitable features, under the impression if anything even remotely goes wrong, it'll get addressed immediately.

I sat down with @LettuceBoi and @Python and put restrictions on the tablet tbh - they can agree I forewarned them of abuse will result in it being moved to another group or removed from the server. But as you said, I just put restrictions and have a great group of COs to actually make sure the rules are being followed and not used like a fortnite SWEP, which i could see on MRP. Also the main fact I've disallowed it in combat, it's meant for defensive not "Oh shit Im getting shot **whips out tablet**, barricade barricade, haha fuck you droid" and more so "fall back! we'll building an FOB for cover!"

16 hours ago, Nutter said:

This change was requested by @AlexConway, presumably to sway people to utilize such commands in a more RP manner

DAMN I CAN'T DANCE IN DB ANYMORE!? FUCK THIS CONWAY GUY!?!?1/1/!

• Agree 1