Ahhh shit.. here we go again [MRP MAP]

• The Garnut

Long story short, using the old version of Taiga (taiga_forest or taiga_v3) is simply not going to work out due to all the new features our server would have to accommodate, IE: missions, duel arenas, aircrafts, etc...

4oQNva0.png

All Taiga ever was, is a reskin of Chaharikar with terrain tweaks and different objectives, as such, I have taken the map Chaharikar_Revamp and converted it over onto a Forest Terrain. To move on from here, I'm asking of MRP players to compile me a list of proposed changes to the map, and it will likely be completed moving into March depending on how much freedom my schedule allows - for now, you will be enjoying Omega_v1 for another few weeks/month.

When requesting/proposing new changes, please attach screenshots for references.

Below is a picture of the current environment:

6cb4cdad6063a33cf049a6762f18c5cc.png

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

Rushed chaharikar thoughts:. 

I enjoyed the combat that the terrain & obj's on chaharikar offered, but activities at base felt limited. 
The playerbase has grown used to having their own faction bunks from the past few maps. 

I'd rather see more work put into the bases rather than the battlefield basically, since we know chaharikars combat works fine.

Seeing Chaharikar with its sand replaced with grass, some added trees, and overhauled bases would be a great map in my book.

sidenote: this map is headglitch heaven

• Agree 6
  • StarWarsRP Administration Team

Bases (carrying over from proggys comment)

Underground areas that would contain the SOC bunks and a war room. Overground would contain Base Faction bunks, DB, Jail and everything else

Construction (in your second image)

Should be reduced to a maximum of 3 floors, will be useful to those who can use it well but won't just be an 'easy sniping spot'

Random Areas on the Map

Comms - I know it's a frequent feature on maps but its useful for tryouts and Breach and Clear certification

Wood Cabin - You mentioned on TS the addition of dense trees, and I feel there should be little clearings with things in them, such as wooden cabins like here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I personally would absolutely love to see Company return instead of Airstrip. Although Airstrip might be more fitting to the airforces, hopefully they will get replaced with MP soon and it won’t matter all that much. 

I just believe that company was a major part of what made taiga_v3 such a good map. It was one of the best objectives you’ve ever made and I would absolutely love to see the return of it instead of Airstrip

And i’m not able to quote things on my phone right now but I would love to see a bunker added for each side as well as Theos said above

Edited by Flak
  • Agree 9

Personally something I would enjoy seeing added to the map would be a small bunker system build off of comms. As Theos already mentioned comms I would find it kind of interesting to have a larger underground part of comms that could be used for events, sims, tryouts, and general environment building. This could be a  side feature somewhere, back when I tried mapping I created something similar and found a lot of interest from players in it. Something similar to an old Soviet military bunker with some side rooms that include possibly some bunks, a communions rooms, and an armory would work well.

• Agree 2

If we are still using the power core on this map which I strongly suggest due to just the simple things and activities we were able to just by having it on the server it would be nice to kinda have the room in the back of base in a secure location for both bases currently the taliban one is right next to their spawn and all the bunks so it makes it really easy to hear when it is taken unlike US Powercore room where it is a fair distance away from US DB and Spawn. Also if there was a way to make it to where the power core room controls the lighting in more places over the base kinda like how it was on CS desert that’d be even better.

Also one of the big issues I saw with this map previously was the long strips of roads with not a whole lot of cover if more and bigger broken down vehicles and props were added to this road it’d allow for a more CQC based environment imo otherwise I love this map

p.s dual areas this isn’t an absolute must but I’d love to see some new dueling areas that would randomly place you in a different mix of them when you duel someone kinda like DRP this might be a pain and I’d completely up to you but it’d be pretty cool imo

Edited by Horseyyy

I know keep asking, but is this map compatible with helicopters?

59 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

If we are still using the power core on this map which I strongly suggest due to just the simple things and activities we were able to just by having it on the server it would be nice to kinda have the room in the back of base in a secure location for both bases currently the taliban one is right next to their spawn and all the bunks so it makes it really easy to hear when it is taken unlike US Powercore room where it is a fair distance away from US DB and Spawn. Also if there was a way to make it to where the power core room controls the lighting in more places over the base kinda like how it was on CS desert that’d be even better.

Also one of the big issues I saw with this map previously was the long strips of roads with not a whole lot of cover if more and bigger broken down vehicles and props were added to this road it’d allow for a more CQC based environment imo otherwise I love this map

p.s dual areas this isn’t an absolute must but I’d love to see some new dueling areas that would randomly place you in a different mix of them when you duel someone kinda like DRP this might be a pain and I’d completely up to you but it’d be pretty cool imo

I agree, the long roads seem like 11B farms waiting to happen, and the power core room should be more balanced. Like you said just throwing some random sandbags and broken cars on the long strips would be nice.

Edited by S0UL

For the next map could we add an armory that sells legal and illegal guns as one life guns, would give MP more to do as you would have to look out for illegal guns as well as enforcing rules. And it gives in game money a meaning.
Another suggestion is for US base faction to have darker skins for the next map since it Will be a forest and we would stick out like crazy if we were in the sand outfits. Idk if either are possible but just some ideas.

9 hours ago, Theos said:

Bases (carrying over from proggys comment)

Underground areas that would contain the SOC bunks and a war room. Overground would contain Base Faction bunks, DB, Jail and everything else

Yes, As we currently don't have bunks for Army we have to make due using US TC as separate db. Then the proposed option for army bunks to be right next to USSOCOMs which would be nice but at the same time it would be good for them if they were separate.  But it would ad a huge dynamic to raiding intel from the US Bases if they had to go under ground to get that intel. While I'm on the IDEA of being under ground, We can has a bunker just like delta to include the armory. Or even like RU's/Tali's side underground area with separate rooms and stuff. Hopefully this isn't to hard in implement in at a late date. Cause what the community wants right now is just something a little fresher. And just with a simple map change would help with that. 

Also to add on, If we are still going to have Aircraft we are going to have to add an helipad to both bases.

Edited by SirSmity