Rust Update [03/07/2022]

• The Garnut

logo.png

Global Changes

Skinbox

Removed all cooldowns from Skinbox

70d45d2b2e5d9e442ae99dab59d7ba28.png

Online Player List

Removed /who and /player in order to avoid players being tracked for offline raiding purposes

EU Servers

Wipe Kit Cooldowns

Introduced 2 hour donator-kit usage cooldown on all donator kits

Anarchy 1000x

Clans

Removed team limit to the maximum UI limit allowed by Rust (8)

4aad2885cce307a8d4426a35daef5ce5.png

Enabled Allying functionality as to allow for teams of up to 16 through allying

Updated all UIs to reflect these changes

Sierra 2x

Raid Block

Players can now build and upgrade while raidblocked, albeit, only up to 33% HP

Map Seeds

Curated a list of smaller sized seeds (3500-3700) inclusive of all monuments as to promote more PVP

8916921471aeb76990c615b464d25f46.png

• Like 7

Here's the current state of Anarchy, from my perspective:

1. Server pop on Anarchy rarely goes above ~80-90 on a good wipe day, and then only for a few hours after school is out.
    • It struggles to reach 75% of that on day 2 at peak times.
    • Ghost town on day 3 (though that's not unique to Anarchy).
  2. I'd wager the majority of players are either solo or in duos, followed by trios. A very small percent of players run max team size.
  3. Even with the population and group sizes now, it is rare for any base larger than a 2x2 to still be intact after the first night.
    • That's expected, it's a 1000x. A solo or duo can reasonably expect an easy restart vs a trio or even some quads.
  4. The map seeds are likely too big for the current population density and group sizes, so PVP outside of a raid or heli/bradley can be hard to find.
  5. There are frequent, recurring, and constantly reported server config and plugin issues (some that have existed for years) that can act as barriers for new players to even play.

Points #4 and 5 are what I've seen as the primary limiters for pop stability and growth. Just my personal take on it from playing on Anarchy now and then.

I'm trying to understand why removing the only balancing mechanism left (team size) was considered a good idea for server pop when current team limits are already infrequently met... but what is really confusing is how such a foundational change was made without any consideration given to existing quality of life and gameplay fixes first.

What a crazy Rust world we live in.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Chewy said:

Here's the current state of Anarchy, from my perspective:

1. Server pop on Anarchy rarely goes above ~80-90 on a good wipe day, and then only for a few hours after school is out.
    • It struggles to reach 75% of that on day 2 at peak times.
    • Ghost town on day 3 (though that's not unique to Anarchy).
  2. I'd wager the majority of players are either solo or in duos, followed by trios. A very small percent of players run max team size.
  3. Even with the population and group sizes now, it is rare for any base larger than a 2x2 to still be intact after the first night.
    • That's expected, it's a 1000x. A solo or duo can reasonably expect an easy restart vs a trio or even some quads.
  4. The map seeds are likely too big for the current population density and group sizes, so PVP outside of a raid or heli/bradley can be hard to find.
  5. There are frequent, recurring, and constantly reported server config and plugin issues (some that have existed for years) that can act as barriers for new players to even play.

Points #4 and 5 are what I've seen as the primary limiters for pop stability and growth. Just my personal take on it from playing on Anarchy now and then.

I'm trying to understand why removing the only balancing mechanism left (team size) was considered a good idea for server pop when current team limits are already infrequently met... but what is really confusing is how such a foundational change was made without any consideration given to existing quality of life and gameplay fixes first.

What a crazy Rust world we live in.

The major issue I saw was the point system broken and not allowing AFK. I made it known to proggy and overall hopefully it gets fixed soon. 
like tdizz said expect loot table changes soon

Also the player count seems fine on all days , reaching 70-80 players per day.  

I’ll take some of these points and do my best to expand upon it for suggestions