Server Management/Executive Promotions (Spring 2024) ×

GarnetGaming is Hiring Part-Time Rust Management

9 hours ago, itsaiden_boi said:

Honestly out of anyone that I would be an ideal manager

I have dedicated well over 1500 hours to the servers in game and out. 

I became a big part of the staff team as i have been here for about a year climbing from chat mod to head admin I have also became a big part of the rust community as a whole.

Not only do I think of myself as a big part of the community I think I am a fairly trusted part with more access/permissions then most

I have experience with all the required tools and expectations like battlemetrics, loot tables, plugins, ext  

Over the past year and still ongoing I have devoted lots of my time and energy to the server and I would love to keep doing that on a greater level 

And if its not obvious im in this for the long haul and would love to stay in it for the long haul 

A serious consideration would be greatly appreciated 

2 hours ago, tdizz said:

Well to start off, I think I would a good fit for this position considering I’m the current staff manager out of default. I’ve helped garnet with countless updates even if it’s just suggesting things or tweaking things to the players needs. along with that I’d consider my knowledge of rust above a lot of players because I’ve played on the most popular servers and of course garnet servers for my around 2,000 hours on rust, I know what can get servers moving pop wise and most importantly how to manage a staff team. I’m very familiar with rcon because I also have manager perms there so catching things like cheaters and staff abusers, dealing with promotions and giving out access to rcon so it’s one less thing for proggy to do.

Going through messages with garnet I told him that rust is a difficult thing because a lot of people who play this game are either 13-16 year olds that have a racism issue or degenerates with a job, pop is a tough issue sometimes because during the weekdays the servers are hard to grow lots of people are busy with school or prior obligations. Making a good schedule for the servers like wipes could genuinely help server pop in my eyes having knowledge from the most popular servers schedules. Although that’s a different topic all I’m getting at is that I could help the servers maintain a good amount of pop while also making garnet some cash on better kits 🙂

These guys are the best applicants, I can’t choose one because i think both of them would be great managers.  If they can both be managers , i would do it. I’m sure they can work well with each other as they been doing it for several months already without any issue. I seen both of them rise the ranks and they both equally deserve it from what i have seen/know. 

I just can’t pick one, i played with both. Tdizz is a great semi serious guy / aiden brings more personality.

i think Tdizz has been doing alot, i would give him first shot if i had to pick one. He’s been the guy who getiing more used to role anyway.

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Like 5
  • 300 IQ 2
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

For lurkers, curious individuals, or Rust Staff who are browsing the Garnet Forums, I go by DripOsiris. I’m a third-year college student studying biotech, aiming to graduate this December. My free time includes sailing, playing bass, enjoying nature and life. I never pictured myself sitting down and applying for this position; I didn’t think this opportunity would become available. 

I officially joined the Garnet Gaming community on December 29, 2020. Let me tell you that this community has truly felt like home. I was shown Garnet Gaming by my good friend, Big Ronnie. I would have been here a lot earlier, but I was not keen on playing modded servers. I have come a long way as I exclusively played on Anarchy for quite a while. I genuinely love this community. Being an entity of Garnet Gaming, I have made some lifelong memories and friends that I would not trade for the world. 

This opportunity fits my skill set because I am personable, innovative, and I demonstrate leadership in the workplace by exemplifying integrity, commitment, accountability, empathy, and resilience. Furthermore, I am always willing to own up to my mistakes, admit when I am wrong, or seek help when I genuinely need it. Consistency in the service I provide is highly consequential. I am always looking to maximize efficiency in various processes. I have aggressively pursued and badgered for something as menial as a bot to function fully. Garnet and Proggy can attest to that statement. 

Through my dual career in the pharmaceutical industry and urban ministry has developed my ability to communicate and work with individuals from different walks of life, skill sets, and backgrounds. I know what it takes to produce at a consistent and high level.  Unknown scenarios do not deter me from handling them with a calm and level-headed demeanor. I can tackle high-stress situations with ease. 

While I am a current admin and would be skipping the head admin position, I know I provide the necessary skillset required. I lack extensive experience with plugins, but I do not doubt that I will be able to learn and work at a high caliber quickly. I do have a thorough understanding of RCON. I have begun to dive deeper into RCON’s capabilities of webhooks and triggers. I love to challenge myself and those around me to learn new things and explore outside their comfort zone. 

I want to make a positive difference in the Garnet Community, and I would love if I earned the opportunity to give back and serve my community. 

💧

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
51 minutes ago, DripOsiris said:

For lurkers, curious individuals, or Rust Staff who are browsing the Garnet Forums, I go by DripOsiris. I’m a third-year college student studying biotech, aiming to graduate this December. My free time includes sailing, playing bass, enjoying nature and life. I never pictured myself sitting down and applying for this position; I didn’t think this opportunity would become available. 

I officially joined the Garnet Gaming community on December 29, 2020. Let me tell you that this community has truly felt like home. I was shown Garnet Gaming by my good friend, Big Ronnie. I would have been here a lot earlier, but I was not keen on playing modded servers. I have come a long way as I exclusively played on Anarchy for quite a while. I genuinely love this community. Being an entity of Garnet Gaming, I have made some lifelong memories and friends that I would not trade for the world. 

This opportunity fits my skill set because I am personable, innovative, and I demonstrate leadership in the workplace by exemplifying integrity, commitment, accountability, empathy, and resilience. Furthermore, I am always willing to own up to my mistakes, admit when I am wrong, or seek help when I genuinely need it. Consistency in the service I provide is highly consequential. I am always looking to maximize efficiency in various processes. I have aggressively pursued and badgered for something as menial as a bot to function fully. Garnet and Proggy can attest to that statement. 

Through my dual career in the pharmaceutical industry and urban ministry has developed my ability to communicate and work with individuals from different walks of life, skill sets, and backgrounds. I know what it takes to produce at a consistent and high level.  Unknown scenarios do not deter me from handling them with a calm and level-headed demeanor. I can tackle high-stress situations with ease. 

While I am a current admin and would be skipping the head admin position, I know I provide the necessary skillset required. I lack extensive experience with plugins, but I do not doubt that I will be able to learn and work at a high caliber quickly. I do have a thorough understanding of RCON. I have begun to dive deeper into RCON’s capabilities of webhooks and triggers. I love to challenge myself and those around me to learn new things and explore outside their comfort zone. 

I want to make a positive difference in the Garnet Community, and I would love if I earned the opportunity to give back and serve my community. 

💧

As a member of garnet gaming since July of 2020, I've seen the growth in maturity and professionalism he has had within the past years. I remember when Drip was just a mod making sure chats were clean and that chat was stable every single wipe. Over the years his work has been acknowledged by the garnet gaming staff team and he was promoted from to admin. As an admin for about two months Drip has gotten rid of many cheaters and has provided the community with many bright ideas. He has helped me ban multiple cheaters ruining the garnet servers, he never once hesitated and he was there for the entire time; never once left me to deal with it alone. With this level of success in such a short time span I truly believe Drip is capable of skipping the head admin role and pursue to become a manager for garnet gaming. His availability and effective work will truly be needed and be a great help for the garnet gaming community.

• Like 3
  • Disagree 1
4 hours ago, tdizz said:

Well to start off, I think I would a good fit for this position considering I’m the current staff manager out of default. I’ve helped garnet with countless updates even if it’s just suggesting things or tweaking things to the players needs. along with that I’d consider my knowledge of rust above a lot of players because I’ve played on the most popular servers and of course garnet servers for my around 2,000 hours on rust, I know what can get servers moving pop wise and most importantly how to manage a staff team. I’m very familiar with rcon because I also have manager perms there so catching things like cheaters and staff abusers, dealing with promotions and giving out access to rcon so it’s one less thing for proggy to do.

Going through messages with garnet I told him that rust is a difficult thing because a lot of people who play this game are either 13-16 year olds that have a racism issue or degenerates with a job, pop is a tough issue sometimes because during the weekdays the servers are hard to grow lots of people are busy with school or prior obligations. Making a good schedule for the servers like wipes could genuinely help server pop in my eyes having knowledge from the most popular servers schedules. Although that’s a different topic all I’m getting at is that I could help the servers maintain a good amount of pop while also making garnet some cash on better kits 🙂

out of what ive seen i think Tdizz should be your first choice followed by Aiden, dont get me wrong Aidens great, love the guy but i feel like Tdizz would fit the role better with him doing demotions and helping out with updates and overall being a bit more serious when it comes the health of the servers, id say try T and Aiden out for like a month respectively and see who has the bigger effect on the servers. 

I know i havnt been here for a long time but from what ive seen those are my opinions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
3 hours ago, DripOsiris said:

💧

#DripOsirisForManager 2022.

Drip and I joined the server in the Fall of 2020. Over this time, he has become a true friend of mine, and someone I can say that I know well. He has been there for some of the biggest milestones in my life these past two years, and has reliably been there for me during that time. I can also say that I have not seen someone with a harder work ethic for the ideas and goals they believe in. I do not think that you could find a person more competent, intelligent, and level-headed than DripOsiris. For this reason chose him as manager. He offers a lot to the Garnet team and has proved this time and time again!

• Like 3
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1

Hey Guys,

I'm maybe rushing things here by saying I would be a good fit as a "manager"

But I do have my heart in the right spot for the server (Discord and Rust)

Maybe not being a main manager, but more of a support.

On the Europe side of things off course.

I've been on garnet server since last year, august 30th.

And I've learned a lot, on muting, staffing, training people, (managing the staff team, sort of 🙂) trying to help out as much as I can, considering the Time Zone barrier 🙂 I really wanna get to know you guys even better and get to work with you guys even more in the future.

I also wanna help out with server idea's like: Hosting events or some other fun stuff

Have more interaction with our players. (as admins)

Idea: (Gift players items every hour/every 6hour: 1 pumpkin, 1 potato)

1 Flaw, I haven't been active lately, but that is about to change.

I'm gonna dedicate some more time to the servers and the discord.

Every time someone beats be to it, or it's those bloody time zones.

But our team is growing, which is a good thing. 😄 

Well here is were I close off my topic. Hope you guys liked my post and or ideas 🙂

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
19 hours ago, itsaiden_boi said:

Honestly out of anyone that I would be an ideal manager

I have dedicated well over 1500 hours to the servers in game and out. 

I became a big part of the staff team as i have been here for about a year climbing from chat mod to head admin I have also became a big part of the rust community as a whole.

Not only do I think of myself as a big part of the community I think I am a fairly trusted part with more access/permissions then most

I have experience with all the required tools and expectations like battlemetrics, loot tables, plugins, ect  

Over the past year and still ongoing I have devoted lots of my time and energy to the server and I would love to keep doing that on a greater level 

And if its not obvious im in this for the long haul and would love to stay in it for the long haul 

A serious consideration to my application  would be greatly appreciated 

While I'm not the most active in the Garnet community, I would like to say that Aiden would be a really great manager considering everything he has done and will continue to do for the server. He is extremely passionate about his position on the staff team and is constantly active: helping out with tickets, consistently banning cheaters, suggesting new ideas for the server, etc. Don't let his age be a deciding factor in this decision because his mental is more rational than that of most adults. At the same time, as he says in his reply, he's fairly experienced and knowledgeable with everything a manager needs. I've known him for a few months now and from what I've seen, I think he deserves manager.

Edited by GaslightingGreg
  • Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
On 3/23/2022 at 8:22 PM, Nutter said:

logo.png.35a489621235fbc11267f83d68a6219
Hello Garnet Gamers,

If you had been a member of the community for quite some time and your dream job/side gig is to yell at toxic players on Rust while suggesting ideas for the betterment of the server or monitoring servers for activity/downtime, this post is for you!

Rust Community Management

This role entails you will have access to all servers' RCONs through our interface on BattleMetrics, you will be liable for insuring the servers' uptime, and seek out new ideas as to keep the servers feeling fresh, providing a steady supply of players. The performance of this role will be directly translated into our overall Rust population, which right now is at a relatively low place in comparison to our peak time last year. 

For chances to be in your favor, it is optimal if you have been a contributing members of this community for atleast 1-year and your account is in good standing with minimal bans and warns. This position will be part-time meaning 20 hours a week of work expected, and the pay will be $12.5 USD starting at ~$1000 a month. With all growth within our Rust servers, whether it be population, or monetization, you will receive a percentage. Meaning there is a very high potential for $15 and full-time opportunities depending on your set of skills.

Where do I apply?

You are welcome to comment on this thread with the position it is you're seeking. It does not require any restrictive formatting, but rather just create a response describing why you would be a good fit for this position, and what your stand is within the Rust staff community.

Can I take this role without pay?

This is a question i've received numerous times in regards to Rust, this specific position is not available without pay, however, you are able to administrate the server at your free-time and contribute more than you are required as many players do. Specifically for a managerial role, I am holding high expectations, which I cannot uphold players who are dedicating their freetime

Thank you very much for viewing this thread, and have a great day!

If anyone should be chosen as the new Garnet manager, it should be Aiden. For the longest time, Aiden has been consistently active and working towards the betterment of the Garnet community as a whole. Despite his age, he handles situations in a very mature manner and is able to restrain his emotions when making decisions. He has been determined for the longest time to become manager after having learned the ropes from 421. And having gotten to know him these past few months, he isn't such a bad guy. You'd get your money's worth.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
23 hours ago, tdizz said:

I think Tdizz should get it based on my interactions with him through DarkRP staffing he does as well as rust. He shows a lot of maturity when needed, but also shows that he is human, not some sort of mysterious admin nobody gets to talk to unless they are in trouble. I think he could handle it, with Aidan being a possible second choice. Ask most of darkrp staff and they'll say Tdizz is a chill dude who gets shit done when he's online. I'd love to see him in a higher position and see what he can do

Good luck Tdizz, proud of you man.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Friendly 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Let me start off by saying hello!

I go by Opaline via the internet.

I recently broke my arm allowing me a hefty amount of time off work and a lot of time to find out what i really wanna do.

A friend sent me this post and thought i might be interested in it (which i am) I succsefully run a clothing busniess and i also have vending machines which have become passive income within 6 months!

Im a great people person and an even better businessman. I have plenty of experience with RCON through running my own servers.

This was more of a greeting post than an application but if this does intrigue you I would be happy to talk more, Thank you !

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, this is my first ever post...I had no plan on applying for this position as I am not involved in the community whatsoever but then saw Garnet's post above asking for people that are from outside the community. So I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Hello! My name is Lost and I am 18 years old. I currently live in central Texas and plan on attending college in the fall for a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. I've always had a thing for moderating for communities and games so when I was researching degrees involved with business, I knew that this would be perfect for me. I currently have a part-time job at a local express car wash where I pretty much do everything from being up at the front doing sales or in the back drying cars off. I've been at this job for a little over a year and a half and have worked my way up to where they will send me to other locations to help out when needed. 

I think I should be given a shot because I am exactly what you are looking for. Someone from the outside that isn't involved to come in and give a fresh new pair of eyes. I know the existing staff team would love to promote one of their own to this position but I think Garnet is right in the sense that you guys already have the ability to improve these servers and bring new ideas and nothing is changing. Like he said "our current staff team is not working out". Another reason is that I have existing working experience and have gained a little bit of leadership experience from it. I posses a few qualities that would also help me with this role. I am a great problem-solver, when something breaks, I am quickly on my feet trying to figure out not only how to fix it but how to make sure it doesn't happen again. I also think I am very good at communication which goes two ways. I can effectively get my point across with little to no confusion but then I can also listen to people and understand what they are trying to say then acting on it. 

This is exactly the type of work I want to be doing when I'm older so hopefully I can be given a shot to build some experience while helping this community out. 

❤️ Lost#8366

• Like 3
  • Disagree 1