Server Management/Executive Promotions (Spring 2024) ×

DarkRP Update [03/29/2022]

• The Garnut

logo.png

Huge thank you to @bizzylogin for thinking of and creating the entirety of our little raid/printer mechanism update ❤️

PermaWeapon Toggle

b5afc650fa57d4dde6384fb8283095aa.png

Fixed permaweapons unlimited ammo exploit

Fixed some players not being able to toggle their permaweapons purchased prior to 2018

Money Printers

*NEW* Low Tier Money Printer *NEW*

A very low cost printer, at $500 per printer, low upgrade costs, with minimal money output. Can be utilized by new players to level up quickly, and it cannot be claimed. If you have been raided by somebody petty enough to steal your Low Tier money printer, feel free to reconnect to the server in order to get it back.

High Tier Money Printer

Our OG printer - it is now claimable. Once you have raided somebody, you may press 'E' on their printer in order to claim it for a period of 2 hours, before it gets removed off the server. During this time, a player who has logged in order to respawn their printers will meet a rude awakening, when they find out they must wait 2 hours (or until their printer is destroyed) in order to get it back!

Raiding

Keypad cracking a door will leave it open for a period of 60 seconds - measures were taken to prevent fading door abuse by a very salty base owner

Keypad crackers can now crack a keypad in 20 seconds (previously 25-30)

640d11e4b24eb548376ca8ec3f7a4b08.png

Police Department

9d740c1b385f26d10bceed69b21e7c4f.png

Mayors can now build in PD in order to protect themselves, keypads must be maintained and codes are to be provided to all PD members

DJ Class

The beloved YouTube radio has returned, this may tank server performance and cause our server to lag at 60 players, but we will have to see tomorrow 😮

I'm most definitely willing to cap our server's population at 110 if that means we get our radio back

e4a9bc290886ae64b18a3e24dc992ff6.png

I had optimized this radio to the best of my ability, it was not written by me 😞 hopefully all goes well

• Like 8
  • Winner 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
8 hours ago, Nutter said:

Our OG printer - it is now claimable. Once you have raided somebody, you may press 'E' on their printer in order to claim it for a period of 2 hours, before it gets removed off the server. During this time, a player who has logged in order to respawn their printers will meet a rude awakening, when they find out they must wait 2 hours (or until their printer is destroyed) in order to get it back!

Couple questions/concerns 

-What if you claim a printer but the owner of a printer is on after the 2 hours? Does it still explode?

-Something I mentioned on @bizzylogin post about the printers is what if you sell them to someone, and they claim them right before the agreed amount of time is up? (Fix: is it possible that the owner of the printer can set a customized mount of time on a printer? So when they sell it to i someone it takes the owner and buyer to both approve time?) 

-What if someone who isn’t that low lvl but still kinda new uses the og printers because the new ones are worth it anymore and gets them stolen (I realize after writing this that if they use the claimable printers they are accepting consequences if they are stolen)

-Is two hours too long on claimable printers? I feel like if they are stolen (and probably upgraded already) two hours is too long because the person who steals it profits from having without having to upgrade it

Overall i love the changes though and i’m glad we are putting this amount of effort into darkrp 

8 minutes ago, Danny_The_Dog said:

What if you claim a printer but the owner of a printer is on after the 2 hours? Does it still explode?

Yes

Something I mentioned on @bizzylogin post about the printers is what if you sell them to someone, and they claim them right before the agreed amount of time is up? (Fix: is it possible that the owner of the printer can set a customized mount of time on a printer? So when they sell it to i someone it takes the owner and buyer to both approve time?) 

Just don't sell to sus people

If anything you can now sell your printers even longer than before, since if you give them away they don't have to claim them, and they can claim them before you leave for a extra 2 hours

What if someone who isn’t that low lvl but still kinda new uses the og printers because the new ones are worth it anymore and gets them stolen (I realize after writing this that if they use the claimable printers they are accepting consequences if they are stolen)

Solved it yourself

Is two hours too long on claimable printers? I feel like if they are stolen (and probably upgraded already) two hours is too long because the person who steals it profits from having without having to upgrade it

Nope, 2 hours is actually plenty considering alternatives.

You asked these questions in the discord but I thought I'd clear this up

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Nutter said:

Police Department

9d740c1b385f26d10bceed69b21e7c4f.png

Mayors can now build in PD in order to protect themselves, keypads must be maintained and codes are to be provided to all PD members

RP AS POLICE IS BACK BABY LETS GOOOOOOO! Y'all are in for a treat tonight when I get on as mayor.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1