MilitaryRP | Echo V2 MEGATHREAD

• The Garnut

logo.png

With the release of Echo V2's Beta, I'd like to get the "final version" sooner than later to be used in our server's map rotation.

For those of you who became well versed with the map, please suggest some changes for implementation here!

Here is what i've gathered so far:

A) Reduce the size of the map to a similar size such as on Omega, but try and retain the mountains to break up visibility/spawn camping

B) More trees and foliage to break up visibility

C) Tone down HDR to not be blinding

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
Just now, SunnyD said:

B and C seem like nice choices as i dont think the playerbase would like a downsized version. sniping is overpowered with the long open fields so im sure trees would fix that. The HDR just hurts.

PS, Sunny the D

You also mentioned you wanted me to cut down fog distance so you're limited with how far out you can see. Are other people in support of this?

As per the smaller version of the map, I feel like that'd very much fix the issue you literally just PMd to me, saying "the map is too big" so i'm confused to why you think making it smaller is a bad call for the payerbase

7 minutes ago, Nutter said:

You also mentioned you wanted me to cut down fog distance so you're limited with how far out you can see. Are other people in support of this?

As per the smaller version of the map, I feel like that'd very much fix the issue you literally just PMd to me, saying "the map is too big" so i'm confused to why you think making it smaller is a bad call for the payerbase

i didnt really mean it as a bad call but more of it would be seen as a downgrade. but that might just be me.

• The Garnut
7 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

i didnt really mean it as a bad call but more of it would be seen as a downgrade. but that might just be me.

Downsizing a map that is far too big to be enjoyable, to making it compact with detail would be a downgrade? I like how this thread is starting LOLLL

• Agree 1

The map rn is really fine as it is, the size + openness is something that people just have to get used to. 

Only thing that I can really think of that could be improved is slightly increasing the width of tunnels for future quads/any other vehicles

• Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

I’ve played half a dozen or so wars on this iteration so take this with a grain of salt.

A) I feel like people aren’t taking advantage of the vehicles and reduced cooldown you’ve given them. With that short of a timer, officers can basically spawn a car every time they die. I’d say that this should be held off for the time being until it is skull fucked into every officers head that they should be utilizing cars almost every respawn unless they are going into the Tunnels. 

B) 100%

C) 100%

NEW SHIT 

D) It would be cool if you could allow the Battering Ram given by the Breach & Clear cert to interact with the base gates. ie: you can open the shut gates for a raid or operation with the Battering Ram.

E) I personally enjoyed when Boardwalk’s cap zone encompasses more of the buildings within the Village. It forces people to get a little more down and dirty with CQC as opposed to staying on hilltops.

F) If I heard correctly, the Staff Team is already doing this but mountain accessibility should be limited slightly. There are a couple that are very oppressive if 1 or couple people get on top. The other option is to create ways to access the mountains from both sides, that way both countries would have access without one country having to stick their neck out more than the other.

G) You mentioned fog prior. If sniping is STILL an issue that is hindering the server’s retention, I’d say you increase the fog and reduce the render distance. That way people can’t snipe people as far off.

H*) Depends on how the server plays after trees. There are a few naked areas, ie: Swamp, US’ side of ATTC/Warehouse, Embassy Trenches, etc. These areas could use a little love in the way of cover.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

ADD power cores to the map

Information: adding power cores inside bases like the last map

reason: in the old map it was very fun defending and taking it from the enemy’s especially when there wasn’t any officers online during peace time so to make up the time we would go into the us base to steal it and it was always fun running away with it and not being able to shoot them because we were in there base and I think adding it to the new map would bring more fun!

• Like 1

My only issue is running speed, can't PVP very well unless you're walking or hopping around like a fucking rabbit.  The map size is fine but the speed is overwhelming and a bit annoying to be honest.  Everything else aside, the map is fantastic, no other issues.

• The Garnut
1 hour ago, Sustenance said:

My only issue is running speed, can't PVP very well unless you're walking or hopping around like a fucking rabbit.  The map size is fine but the speed is overwhelming and a bit annoying to be honest.  Everything else aside, the map is fantastic, no other issues.

When it comes to the speed, I already nerfed it by quite a bit, just that a restart needs to take place 😮

• 2 months later...