Server Management/Executive Promotions (Spring 2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [04/25/2022]

• The Garnut

logo.png

Player Speed

Heavily cut down on player speed introduced in the latest update

It was previously 33% quicker than figures in the past, but it has now been nerfed to 20% quicker movement speeds

Cinema

Introduced to the under-utilized spawnroom of the map

53240242db3b62ecfc5e3bbb89392863.jpg

Opposing wall will allow a visitor queue, the Staff On Duty class holds the right to overrule all queued videos.

TO DO: add a /cinema command with a 30 second teleport timer which will also strip you of all weapons, and hand you some popcorn!

MOTD

Updated to the latest version provided by @Bizzy

(seems to not be working at the moment, will check for errors)

Factions

ISI

Added to Taliban 'U' Group Radio/Chat

Added to missions menu (T-side)

War Damage

Introduced damage filtering to the War System - friendly damage has been enabled, albeit you will only receive 20% damage from teammates, IE: a 105 damage Orsis shot would instead hit a teammate for 21.

Nerve gas, Grenades, and RPG rounds will deal full damage to teammates - BE CAREFUL 😉

^ this figure can always be cut down, but I think full damage is a good way of encouraging players to not be dumb with their explosives ^

Inventory System

Updated to the latest version, I've created a couple of components to hopefully stimulate somebody enough to the point where they will suggest some changes for the inventory system, because frankly, i'd love to see members and the staff team requesting real, fun content as opposed to "oh... we could add a CINEMA" when we've had an inventory system with crafting sitting there for a good 2-3 months unutilized.

2f16eae50165f76d7844d7064af7e081.jpg

New keybind: I

TO DO: Add bandages and Painkillers

Add Medical NPC to sell you these entities

Set cap on bandages to heal you up to 50 health, and painkillers up to 85.

Bandages can be used at any HP range, whereas painkillers can only be used when above 50 HP. 

Missions

Integrated into Echo's Beta map

5d9b4ba49dad67cd7220ae01c608fbe7.jpg

Removed base-cleanup temporarily 🙂

In the works: silly little filler missions that will take up your time between war, IE: maintenance mission to the bridges around the map where you fix the tarmac

• Like 3
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
3 minutes ago, Nutter said:

In the works: silly little filler missions that will take up your time between war, IE: maintenance mission to the bridges around the map where you fix the tarmac

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cool update

38 minutes ago, Nutter said:

ntroduced damage filtering to the War System - friendly damage has been enabled, albeit you will only receive 20% damage from teammates, IE: a 105 damage Orsis shot would instead hit a teammate for 21.

inb4 complaints

• The Garnut
2 hours ago, Gabeisthat said:

We couldnt get materials...

That is becauase I need a use for materials in order to decide what they craft, and not the other way around so I can decide how you obtain them and at what rate  (???) I wasn't blaming anybody in specific for underutilizing the system, but the fact that all the people who pushed for such features and wanted more from MRP, are now stagnant and unresponsive as to how to integrate the system they asked for.

I saw 2 people agree with your comment and got very confused, then I remembered it's MilitaryRP where nobody really thinks.

1 hour ago, Salmon said:

inb4 complaints

Very helpful comment, thank you!

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

Player Speed

It was previously 33% quicker than figures in the past, but it has now been nerfed to 20% quicker movement speeds

oh thank god, 33% felt so goddamn fast. Hopefully this'll make it more balanced between being able to move to OBJ's faster, without everyone also moving at the speed of light lmao.

1 hour ago, Nutter said:

War Damage

Introduced damage filtering to the War System - friendly damage has been enabled, albeit you will only receive 20% damage from teammates, IE: a 105 damage Orsis shot would instead hit a teammate for 21.

Nerve gas, Grenades, and RPG rounds will deal full damage to teammates - BE CAREFUL 😉

^ this figure can always be cut down, but I think full damage is a good way of encouraging players to not be dumb with their explosives ^

This is gonna be interesting to see in game, I'm definitely gonna get some 2016 flashbacks lmao. Can't throw my nades willy nilly know though sadge, hopefully I remember this is a thing before I accidentally kill 4 of my own teammates and get banned lul.

Edited by PrisonNightmare
its live rn actually lul
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

Almost like I need a use for materials in order to decide what they craft, and not the other way around so I can decide how you obtain them and at what rate  (???)

Sorry if im reading the entire thing wrong but it sounds like to me that you said we have chances to craft the weapons and stuff but we don't there isn't a way to gain materials to try it out currently 

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, Gabeisthat said:

Sorry if im reading the entire thing wrong but it sounds like to me that you said we have chances to craft the weapons and stuff but we don't there isn't a way to gain materials to try it out currently 

I update my post before your comment because I assumed there was a misunderstanding, I don't know if you read the edited one, but I too misunderstood your comment and didn't catch on.

1 hour ago, Nutter said:

That is becauase I need a use for materials in order to decide what they craft, and not the other way around so I can decide how you obtain them and at what rate  (???) I wasn't blaming anybody in specific for underutilizing the system, but the fact that all the people who pushed for such features and wanted more from MRP, are now stagnant and unresponsive as to how to integrate the system they asked for.

here is the updated response you missed

2 minutes ago, Nutter said:

I update my post before your comment because I assumed there was a misunderstanding, I don't know if you read the edited one, but I too misunderstood your comment and didn't catch on.

i read it that makes sense i like the militia idea that is coming up and im pretty sure i heard of a rust type of farming system which would be great

• The Garnut
Just now, Gabeisthat said:

i read it that makes sense i like the militia idea that is coming up and im pretty sure i heard of a rust type of farming system which would be great

Yeah, i'm taking some ideas from Rust and PUBG and adding them as the filler in-between wars in MilitaryRP. It's been taking me a long time since I have a bunch of my plate right now, but it should be here in this upcoming month

• Spicy 1
  • The Garnut
On 4/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, Nutter said:

War Damage

Fixed the code for this portion, ended up moving forward with 80% damage to Explosives/Nerve gas as opposed to 100%

• Like 1
On 4/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, Nutter said:

logo.png

Player Speed

Cinema

Introduced to the under-utilized spawnroom of the map

53240242db3b62ecfc5e3bbb89392863.jpg

Opposing wall will allow a visitor queue, the Staff On Duty class holds the right to overrule all queued videos.

TO DO: add a /cinema command with a 30 second teleport timer which will also strip you of all weapons, and hand you some popcorn!

MOTD

Updated to the latest version provided by @Bizzy

(seems to not be working at the moment, will check for errors)

Factions

ISI

Added to Taliban 'U' Group Radio/Chat

Added to missions menu (T-side)

War Damage

Inventory System

Updated to the latest version, I've created a couple of components to hopefully stimulate somebody enough to the point where they will suggest some changes for the inventory system, because frankly, i'd love to see members and the staff team requesting real, fun content as opposed to "oh... we could add a CINEMA" when we've had an inventory system with crafting sitting there for a good 2-3 months unutilized.

2f16eae50165f76d7844d7064af7e081.jpg

New keybind: I

TO DO: Add bandages and Painkillers

Add Medical NPC to sell you these entities

Set cap on bandages to heal you up to 50 health, and painkillers up to 85.

Bandages can be used at any HP range, whereas painkillers can only be used when above 50 HP. 

Missions

Integrated into Echo's Beta map

5d9b4ba49dad67cd7220ae01c608fbe7.jpg

So a weird question I have is what the craft system is based on or similar too, just so I could have an idea of what it could be used for, like does it include xp gain similar to grind servers, I do like grinds.

• The Garnut
2 hours ago, Dillan said:

So a weird question I have is what the craft system is based on or similar too, just so I could have an idea of what it could be used for, like does it include xp gain similar to grind servers, I do like grinds.

It could absolutely include XP, but there is 0 purpose to XP currently, so why grind it 😮