[Community Event] DarkRP | Build a PVP Arena!

• The Garnut

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1
DarkRP Community Event

Build a PVP Arena

Date / Duration

5/17/22 - 5/23/22
(6 days)

Description
Our DarkRP server will shortly be receiving a new Duel Arenas addon by @Bizzy

The difference between our existing Duel system and the new, is the inclusion of up to 10v10 duels (if desired) as well as leaderboards

As such, we figured it'd be best we reach out to some of you professional builders to make us some cool arenas.

All Arenas will be perma-propped in the Flatgrass area above the map, and will include a textscreen reading

"Arena #number - created by X", so you will forever be a part of the server, as long as we are still running rp_downtown_tits_v2

To enter the contest, simply respond to the thread with images from different angles of your Arena
Your Arena must be designated for a specific range of players, IE: 1v1-2v2 arena, 3v3-5v5 Arena

All Arenas are expected to be fully symmetrical or at the very least very balanced if going for an asymmetrical look

Arenas must have a prop limit of 50 props
Arenas cannot be built with assets that do not currently exist on the server

Reward
10 credits per accepted submission.
(multiple winners seeing as there are multiple categories to be won!)

Current Categories:

Best in category (1v1 to 3v3)

Best in category (3v3 to 5v5)

Best in category (5v5+)

Most creative

Master Builder

• Like 4
  • Creative 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1

YneUaU9.jpg8iDiE47.jpgThe boxing ring. (1v1 - 2v2) arena. 22 props. Fully enclosed. 6x6 space.

RAGoY1h.jpgRXXo9h4.jpgv3eBMvO.jpg(3v3 - 5v5) The castle walls. Enclosed (Unless players have some sort of jump boost) right at 50 props. Very large space.
OdpodB2.jpg(1v1 - 3v3) The octagon. 17 props. May need a roof. Medium sized space a bit larger than a 6x6.
Just a few basic ones.

• Like 3
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Who would have thought that the Garnet Gaming logo makes a great PvP arena? This is my entry for a 1v1 - 3v3 arena! 50 props exactly.

I also took a quick clip of me mowing down some combine for a laugh 🙂
https://streamable.com/rdebm9

winYo7x.jpg

fQ4uTWy.jpg

nEcuGLI.jpg

K2EjXKQ.jpg

FNBNkjH.jpg

Edited by ChrisRid
(Added number of props)
  • Like 3
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 1

I have a bit of a late submission, hopefully it is considered due to the lack of submissions.

UNDERPASS - 47 PROPS - 3v3 to 5v5

A SYMMETRICAL MAP BUILT AROUND A MONORAIL

spacer.png

spacer.png

THE ARENA HAS A VIABLE OPTION FOR CLOSE QUARTERS, MID RANGE, AND LONG DISTANCE COMBAT

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

THERE'S A VARIETY OF TEAM BASED TACTICS TO USE HERE, WITH MANY CALLOUTS

Laundromat - 50 PROPS - 1v1 to 3v3

A medium sized space focused on dramatic small team action.

spacer.png

There's a wide open space in the middle for sniping intended for all of the DLore goons.

spacer.png

There are many oppourtunities for close range weapons as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

You can even get on top of the roof as well!

spacer.png

The contained space means that duels could last under a minute!

Garnet Quarry - 50 PROPS - 5v5 to 10v10

A massive map that can hold up to 20 players.

spacer.png

spacer.png

An asymmetrical map that heavily focuses on long range combat.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The map is evenly balanced despite the asymmetrical designs, both high and low grounds are available to snipe your opponents.

Edited by Deft
Added another submission
  • Like 2
  • Creative 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team
22 minutes ago, TheDudeAbidesV2 said:

looks good though I didn't figure we could use props that weren't whitelisted.

I thought the same thing in fairness and did the same as you Abides, but I just re-read the original post…

On 5/17/2022 at 7:17 PM, Nutter said:

Arenas cannot be built with assets that do not currently exist on the server

This would open up some other opportunities if it’s whatever assets are on the server (including blacklist but without additional downloads). I’d be up for making another submission if that’s the case and if more suggestions are welcome?

43 minutes ago, TheDudeAbidesV2 said:

looks good though I didn't figure we could use props that weren't whitelisted.

I figured that since they will be perma propped, blacklisted props (as long as they have default textures such as CS:Source/Gmod material) would be allowed for map making and be unable to be used by the general playerbase. Plus the SWRP submissions also have trees and vehicles also. 

• Informative 1
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Deft said:

I figured that since they will be perma propped, blacklisted props (as long as they have default textures such as CS:Source/Gmod material) would be allowed for map making and be unable to be used by the general playerbase. Plus the SWRP submissions also have trees and vehicles also. 

Your submissions are unique and look awesome, but the unfortunate part is.. Even if I were to make a pass for using blacklisted props (which was part of the rules for submissions) CS:S props would simply show up as errors to most users, rendering the arena useless 😞 IE: the orange tree.

I'm sure somebody could sit down and swap out the CS:S assets for others without ruining the flow of the Arena though.

• Sad 2