[Community Event] StarwarsRP | Build a PVP Arena!

• The Garnut

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1
StarwarsRP Community Event

Build a PVP Arena

Date / Duration

5/17/22 - 5/23/22
(6 days)

Description
Our StarwarsRP server will shortly be receiving a new Duel Arenas addon by @Bizzy

The difference between our existing Duel system and the new, is the inclusion of up to 5v5 duels (if desired) as well as leaderboards

As such, we figured it'd be best we reach out to some of you professional builders to make us some cool arenas.

All Arenas will be perma-propped in the Admin sit area within the map (dark grey box rooms), and will include a textscreen reading

"Arena #number - created by X", so you will forever be a part of the server, as long as we are still running rp_anaxes_defcon_v2

To enter the contest, simply respond to the thread with images from different angles of your Arena
Your Arena must be designated for a specific range of players, IE: 1v1-2v2 arena, 3v3-5v5 Arena

All Arenas are expected to be fully symmetrical or at the very least very balanced if going for an asymmetrical look

Arenas must have a prop limit of 50 props
Arenas must be size-constricted, you cannot simply build out an area the size of the admin room
Arenas cannot be built with assets that do not currently exist on the server

Reward
10 credits per accepted submission.
(multiple winners seeing as there are multiple categories to be won!)

Current Categories:

Best in category (1v1 to 3v3)

Best in category (3v3 to 5v5)

Most creative

Master Builder

• Like 3

Hey though im not fond of Starwars RP I still wanted to take a crack at it and what I created is a arena that is comprised of 6*6 plates in a 3*3 grid. I named it "listen." The whole point of the arena is that it relies on your hearing, there are 9 equal parts of the map that have little distinguishing features with the floor and walls all being black except for the center and 2 corners which will be the start of the players the only way of telling where your enemy is from the footsteps that they make as well as sounds of keypads opening. The keypads that are used on your servers make a distinguishing sound telling where the player is. Keep in mind that the concept is still in the making, I built a prototype which uses 41 props though I intend on adding some more details. The whited out props in the arena is just to make a clear outline in the final product the walls will be black.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809509305

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809509375

NOTE: The keypad code will be the same for all of the keypads and the code will be told to the player via text screen

Edited by SomeRandomKid
I forgot to add a bit of context for the keypads, also could you delete that quote
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, SomeRandomKid said:

Hey though im not fond of Starwars RP I still wanted to take a crack at it and what I created is a arena that is comprised of 6*6 plates in a 3*3 grid. I named it "listen." The whole point of the arena is that it relies on your hearing, there are 9 equal parts of the map that have little distinguishing features with the floor and walls all being black except for the center and 2 corners which will be the start of the players the only way of telling where your enemy is from the footsteps that they make as well as sounds of keypads opening. The keypads that are used on your servers make a distinguishing sound telling where the player is. Keep in mind that the concept is still in the making, I built a prototype which uses 41 props though I intend on adding some more details. The whited out props in the arena is just to make a clear outline in the final product the walls will be black.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809509305

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809509375

(NOTE: I should clarify that the password on all the keypads will be the same, for example 7643 and will be told to the player via text screen.

I've been thinking about this and trying to work on it for a couple days and I finally completed the map (Some other ideas I had that people can make if they can : Coliseum(5v5 knife only) and Jedi VS Sith(1v1 knife only), but the one I made and can still be worked on a bit is 

Junkyard (3v3) (DC-15A)

It is made on 4 32x32 base plates with 2 16x32 walls for each side with around 46 props (not including walls and floor but I can make it lower)

It is not perfectly symmetrical but has around the same cover on each side, I utilized color and material for the walls and floor to try and replicate a dark sand.

I used older rusty and broken down props for everything but the crane side spawn.

The fire and embers in the middle area are to add some cover so people don't peak through the pile and for ambiance.

Some changes that were made after the photo: Y-wing, Broken TX-130 and Vulture were moved to the walls to protect spawn. AAT was moved to be with MTT to get rid 0f big open space.

https://imgur.com/a/y2VtUbc

• Like 1