DarkRP Update [06/01/2022]

3 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Loading Screen

Music Removed & Reverted back to the original style. For no reason other than the lower population and theorizing what could've caused it

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH! Every time I would join the server while talking to someone or listening to music this deafening song blasted into my headphones. I have them on 54 volume and this felt like I had boosted them up to 100% or even higher. If this is added back (which I hope it's not) please turn the volume down.

• The Garnut
3 minutes ago, JinpingXi said:

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH! Every time I would join the server while talking to someone or listening to music this deafening song blasted into my headphones. I have them on 54 volume and this felt like I had boosted them up to 100% or even higher. If this is added back (which I hope it's not) please turn the volume down.

The volume was supposed to be turned down automatically, but Garry's Mod is just genuinely showing its age lol

5 minutes ago, Nutter said:

The volume was supposed to be turned down automatically, but Garry's Mod is just genuinely showing its age lol

That makes more sense, I was wondering if it was or not because rarely it would actually lower the volume.

• Forums Moderator

Awesome updates, I can’t wait to try out the new dual system, and I’m excited to see everyone’s builds too! The extended sit timer is much needed, while most sits take a couple of minutes, uploading clips always takes a while and happens often, which accounts for the majority of active-expired sits, so this is reassuring. And funny enough I did wonder where the totems had gone, I assumed I was just unlucky and never spotted one haha! Glad they are back 😁The day/night cycle will be cool to see, time for a bit of dodgy dealing on a poorly-lit street 😎 And it’s a shame if the loading screen may be casing low-pop, I personally really liked it but I understand your theory and it’s worth trying to see if it helps for sure, it would be nice to see the pop back up again!

Thank you @Nutter and @Bizzy for your hard work, brilliant updates as always!

• Friendly 1
2 hours ago, ajbedhead said:

Are all arenas (meaning each arena map persay) able to be used for each gamemode thats going to be included? This may be a dumb question, however, I was just asking for the sake of myself and others.

Yea it's similar to the old duel system except now u can pick your own arena and you can have up to a 5v5. You can edit starting hp/armor, gravity, speed, etc..

+ leaderboard

Edited by Bizzy
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • 1 month later...
On 5/31/2022 at 11:03 PM, Nutter said:

Duel System

A brand new Duel system curated by @Bizzy for MilitaryRP, imported into DarkRP

Featuring a leaderboard, round system, and up to 5v5s. - thank you @Proggy for building us some basic arenas to get started

c8b627b9ffe1b02c526849e1688b381c.jpg

IN-DEPTH SCREENSHOTS COMING TOMORROW MORNING

Current Duel Modes

Hot Potato

All participants receive a M61 Frag Grenade

The Dragon

All participants receive a AWP Dragonlore

Old Western

All participants receive a uberly slow shooting revolver

Crowbar Mania

All participants receive a crowbar

Legacy

Default loadouts/donator weapons, 100 HP

Hardcore

Default loadouts/donator weapons, 1 HP

Slow Burn

Default loadouts/donator weapons, 300 HP, 150 Armor

I'm not sure this duel system is very well received. I liked the old system due to the simplicity of it, but the new duel system is honestly a bit convoluted, and I have yet to see a single duel happen with this new system. I would honestly prefer if the older, simpler duel system came back, but I am interested in the input of other players too.

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut
18 hours ago, WohMi said:

I'm not sure this duel system is very well received. I liked the old system due to the simplicity of it, but the new duel system is honestly a bit convoluted, and I have yet to see a single duel happen with this new system. I would honestly prefer if the older, simpler duel system came back, but I am interested in the input of other players too.

That would be becauase the duel system has been broken for roughly 3 weeks, and @Bizzy has been on a honey moon, unable to fix it.

I'm not sure how the duel system is too complicated, having 2 extra options to select, but oh well.

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Nutter said:

That would be becauase the duel system has been broken for roughly 3 weeks, and @Bizzy has been on a honey moon, unable to fix it.

I'm not sure how the duel system is too complicated, having 2 extra options to select, but oh well.

It isn't at all, it's just that there are a lot more buttons on the menu, making it seem more complicated. Although I think it is much better having more options, most people will probably be turned off by the UI.

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Nutter said:

Would it be possible to implement the old duel system?

• Cringe 1