My Current Split - Summer 2022

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Hello everyone! Sunshine and heat means a goal transition from pure mass gain and strength > strength and cutting. I’ll be detailing my new split but first I want to address something about cutting and fat loss.

The is NO way to target fat loss nor induce it without being in a caloric deficit. Here’s a quick list on how to “lose” fat:

1) Caloric deficit - burn more calories than you consume. Unless you are eating next to nothing (mad unhealthy) this requires some form of extended or high intensity exercise.

2) Build muscle - building enough muscle will eventually give shape and aesthetic to the fat. The fat will still be there* (see #3) but the muscle will shine through if built enough. You ever see 300 pound NFL players with abs? It’s cause they’ve worked their core extremely hard that it shows through their fat.

3) Combination of 1 & 2 - the absolute best way. Monitor and be disciplined in your diet + regular, high intensity muscle-building exercise. This is the tried and true method. There isn’t a secret sauce or shortcut, but If there’s anything close, it’s this.

I start every workout with 5 minutes on the stationary bike just to get the blood flowing. So let’s get into it:

Monday - Push Day

Dumbbell Press: 3x6 @ 70% of BARBELL BENCH MAX

Include Dumbbell Press: 3x8 @ 70% of BARBELL INCLINE BENCH MAX

Pec Fly Machine: 3x10 @ 150 

Tricep Pushdown: 3x12 @ 57.5

SUPERSET Reverse Grip Tricep Pulldowns : 3x12 @ 37.5

Dips Machine: 3x10 @ 150

Abs: 20 crunches, 10 toe touches, 10 leg raises, and 20 medicine ball trunk twists. 3 sets.

Tuesday - Leg Day

Back Squats: 3x8 @ 225

Leg Press with high feet: 3x8 @ 4 plates a side

SUPERSET Calf Raises: 3x15

Leg Extensions: 3x10 @ 100

Leg Curls: 3x10 at 85

Same abs as Monday

Wednesday - Pull Day

Chin-ups: 3x10

Cable Rows: 3x10 @ 145

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown: 3x12 @ 50

Single Arm DB Row: 3x8 (each arm) @ 50

Reverse Flies: 3x10 @ I don’t remember 

Incline DB Curl: 3x10 @ 30

Reverse Curls w/ez Bar Bar: 3x10 @ 35

Abs

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - Arms

Shoulder Press: 3x8 @ 105

Dips: 3x10 @ body weight 

DB Front Delt Raises: 3x10 @ 15 

Preacher Curls: 3x8 @ 60

DB Lateral Raises: 3x10 @ 15

Abs but add Planks @ 1 minute

Saturday/Sunday - Depends on Schedule but Cardio

Stationary Bike: 5 minutes @ 10 resistance

Treadmill: 15 minutes @ 15 incline and 3.5 speed

Treadmill: 5 minutes @ flat and 7 speed

Treadmill: 1 minute @ flat and 15 speed.

Abs with planks

Stretch

Way too early conclusion: helping me reach my goals. I can see my strength continuing to grow and at the same time I’m losing weight and fat. The change in workouts is moreso to keep my muscles on their toes and to prevent burnout. The diet is what’s really key in the fat loss. Maintaining a high protein intake whilst keeping calories to ≈2000-2250. Two lean, whey protein shakes a day has helped tremendously. I also do take a scoop of creatine with my post-workout shake that’s 5g’s.

• Like 2
  • Spicy 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines