[Community Event] Global | Build an Escape Room

Ozzy

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Xskn1ihFNOz7hj1ucNdgktNmEx5zaij82RuxEhP4F4H3H-m5YUqjv8oJHN1KI5QqUUvlEYT_XrZPCpwmyq5ZZmscPZDsGCOwMMO3MoHV-hjpsLtDGMEavdjoiYoI4B0cQZVQpYCLwHdP9McQuBld9u4FGdRPB4PsEmyXmMGU9e23Q4VLUM4Vnf5jqg

Hello! My friends and I are big into escape rooms and I’ve recently done my 50th. It crossed my mind that something similar could be made on Garry’s Mod and could be fun to make and eventually play. So here are the details:

Rewards (Obviously the most important detail): 

1st Place: 60 Credits

2nd Place: 30 Credits

3rd Place: 10 Credits

Rules

• The judges will include myself and then any executives available. Priority would be Garnet > Proggy > Executive for the server > Executive for the player’s main server (If different) > Other Executives.

• Your room's max occupancy can be whatever you’d like but must be at least 2. 

• *You can prepare your room to be spawned and completed by the judges on any Garnet Gaming server.*

• You will have access to all* of the tools available to us via Staff Commands.

• ie: Giving weapons, teleporting, setting health, etc.

• The commands will be available and run for you within reason. You should not build a room that requires 4 GMs constantly running commands. 

• You’re welcome to utilize all the props that aren’t blacklisted, tools like textscreens/pulleys/ropes/etc, and NPCs*.

Tips

• Connect with the staff team for the server you are going to attempt to build on. Double check what tools and assets are available for their use and subsequently your use. The last thing you want is to build something in Single Player and it not be allowed on the server.

• Make it a dupe

• If you’re going to have different rooms (highly recommended), you should make them as different Dupes if possible. That way your prop limit and what not will be refreshed.

• ie: If we are meant to walk through a door into another room, you can remove your first room and spawn your second room at no penalty.

Rubric - What you will be graded on:

• Creativity: How well did you utilize the tools available to you.

• Entertainment: What features made us laugh, jump, think, say wow.

• Story/Theme: How well did you set up the ambience and did the room capture the story.

• Difficulty: Was it a cakewalk? Did it require Einstein? We’re Goldilocks and we want it juuust right. 

This event runs through the end of the month and playthroughs will begin in October!

• Like 6
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I was playing with some ideas before I headed off to work away, there’s a ton of cool things and themes to do. Brilliant idea! Hopefully I’ll be able to get back soon and set something up, but if not, I can’t wait to see what others make 🙂