DarkRP Update [12/03/2022]

Nutter

• Forums Moderator

Neat idea with the prefix, it's nice for new players to know who's staffing on the server and hopefully it'll show a fantastic presence from the team. I'm hyped that the events are back too! We had a great time before and it will certainly boost the activity during low-pop times! ➕ ℹ️ ❤️ 🆒 🆕 🔣 2️⃣ 👌 Awesome update!

• The Garnut
6 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

Neat idea with the prefix, it's nice for new players to know who's staffing on the server and hopefully it'll show a fantastic presence from the team. I'm hyped that the events are back too! We had a great time before and it will certainly boost the activity during low-pop times! ➕ ℹ️ ❤️ 🆒 🆕 🔣 2️⃣ 👌 Awesome update!

I hope it does help with low-pop. I can't believe this is the 5th recode the event system has gotten. Hopefully it works this time 💀

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut
8 hours ago, Nutter said:

Prop Limit

INCREASED??

With the abysmal amount of attention to optimization put into our server over the last few months, @Proggy brought it to my attention we could increase the prop limit slightly in trade for some FPS. I have finally increased our prop limit the server has had for the last 7 years

The range increased by 5 starting at 40 players

Up to 30 players

Remains at 70

Up to 55 players

Prop limit 50 > 55

Up to 80 players

Prop limit 40 > 45

Up to 100 players

Prop limit 35> 40

Up to full server

Prop limit 30 > 35

an extra goodie

8 hours ago, Wendoly said:

I don't know if it's only me but the silk emotes don't show on the chat emote option

Yeah, they do not - they're built into GMod itself, the emoticon is reserved for the near future where I add a collection of custom emotes.

When it comes to silkicons you will unfortunately need to memorize those similarly to memorizing default HL2 voiceline commands.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
4 hours ago, Nutter said:

an extra goodie

Yeah, they do not - they're built into GMod itself, the emoticon is reserved for the near future where I add a collection of custom emotes.

When it comes to silkicons you will unfortunately need to memorize those similarly to memorizing default HL2 voiceline commands.

absolute game changer 

• The Garnut

More coming to this update 💩

Pointshop

Support has been added for skinned items

I will be adding those over the course of the next few days, but here's a starter!

85d85ca22106404b3976d455dad1fa3a.png

178d17539b1bd82b20ee10653f5b204f.png

This is really cool because it allows me to set non-premium point (free) variants to some more expensive skins.

de56243f443baff1dcdbe729850f5e36.png

• Like 2
  • The Garnut

The server was acting up after adding in the event system (even without an event running) and the night before - so I preemptively removed it to take another look through the code - or better yet, have another developer skim over it as well 😞 I have also decided to temporarily remove Chess to see how the server's performance is - and if it is heavily improved, I will seek out somebody to recreate the chess addon.

I apologize for the let down.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Nutter said:

The server was acting up after adding in the event system (even without an event running) and the night before - so I preemptively removed it to take another look through the code - or better yet, have another developer skim over it as well 😞 I have also decided to temporarily remove Chess to see how the server's performance is - and if it is heavily improved, I will seek out somebody to recreate the chess addon.

I apologize for the let down.

He just didn't want the smoke anymore. JK, hopefully everything gets worked out!