Large changes coming to the community

• The Garnut
On 2/6/2023 at 8:13 AM, PraetorDon said:

Will the host still be located in the midwest, or are you planning to move to a different data hub, i.e. Chicago? If this is a security concern, feel free to delete my post.

Our host was never located in the midwest, the new building is very close in proximity to the current from my understanding.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:06 AM, BINLADINHOE said:

Will this affect the Hitreg on MRP for the better or worse?

Not sure if sarcastic or not, but your hitreg on MRP is about as good as GMod can get on a 50+ player server. We literally cannot be competed against in that caliber.

On 2/6/2023 at 10:22 AM, DripOsiris said:

~excited and hopeful to see the positive outcome. 

rip

On 2/6/2023 at 2:29 PM, tdizz said:

Hopefully this will be a huge improvement thank you garnet!

Hopefully you've seen how much better Rust ran on wipe, 2 days ago.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Ye man. We've always been located in Texas, so southwest/central south if that's a thing?

Oh, I consider that whole column of states from Texas to North Dakota the Midwest. Grew up in Kansas so that might be why.  Central South makes more sense.

3 hours ago, Nutter said:

your hitreg on MRP is about as good as GMod can get on a 50+ player server

Im not sure exactly what happened but around the 10th of January I personally saw hitreg take a nosedive so I was wondering if this was caused by issues with the host but I guess not.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:09 PM, BINLADINHOE said:

Im not sure exactly what happened but around the 10th of January I personally saw hitreg take a nosedive so I was wondering if this was caused by issues with the host but I guess not.

hitreg consistency is entirely correlated with server tickrate. With the new host and machine, we are able to push for higher tickrates.

• The Garnut
On 2/8/2023 at 2:09 PM, BINLADINHOE said:

It was indeed a host issue, we had outdated hardware that our host refused to upgrade for 3 years, and that became accompanied by network instabilities.

A big portion of hitreg involves how optimized a server is, but a large portion is also dependent on server hardware and networking to result in lower ping.

take a look at mrp today and tell me how you feel 

i guess i should be happy for ip change because my ping was 200 back then, now 80 ping, thank you nutter man                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              "RDM RDM RDM" -some kid