Server Management/Executive Promotions (Spring 2024) ×

Protecting Our Players: Recently banned an allegedly convicted Sex Felon

18 minutes ago, Shizzle said:

What is the in-game name of this individual? Or is this confidential.

15 minutes ago, Finklemen said:

might i ask for the users name so i can block them from my discord so im not a victim of pedophillia?

We wont be listing the user here, but they are permabanned from our community and have expressed interest in opening their own community. If anybody you know has been recently permabanned (within the past few days), and tries/tried to recruit you into a new server, you're likely talking to that guy. He's a bit disgruntled so if you tell him no he's gonna freak out and probably block you.

• Agree 1
17 hours ago, Proggy said:

We wont be listing the user here, but they are permabanned from our community and have expressed interest in opening their own community. If anybody you know has been recently permabanned (within the past few days), and tries/tried to recruit you into a new server, you're likely talking to that guy. He's a bit disgruntled so if you tell him no he's gonna freak out and probably block you.

i did find out who it is and i wont be sharing it to anyone its a shame he did those actions 😕

On 2/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, Nutter said:

the difficult decision

why was the decision difficult?

On 2/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, Nutter said:

after many discussions

why did it need to be discussed many times???????

On 2/25/2023 at 7:16 PM, Proggy said:

If anyone ever feels unsafe due to someone in our community please reach out in whichever way you prefer. All reports will be taken very seriously and appropriate action will be taken after an investigation.

I'm always available to be privately messaged here on Garnet forums, other avenues for such reports are Discord and Steam.
Discord: proggy#5230  (You can find me at the top of Garnet Discord)
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/proggy_/

Thank you @Proggysir o7, thank you for your service, thank you for serving the gaming community online and protecting our children sir, yes sir you are getting a medal, the children protective services of garnetgaming medal 🥇🥇🥇

@Ozzy FUUUUUUUCK HE REMOVED MY MOD PERMS???? HOW AM I GONNA BUILD MY MINECRAFT HOUSES IN CREATIVE???? I NEED CREATIVE MODEEEEEE

OH FUCK SOMEBODY CALL PROGGY IM IN DESESPERATE NEED OF HELP PROGGYYYYYYY I NEEED YOU !!!!!!!!!

please someone ping @Proggy this is a live urgent situation ⚠️⚠️⚠️

gay.png

Edited by Vejator
  • Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Toxic 1
29 minutes ago, Vejator said:

why was the decision difficult?

why did it need to be discussed many times???????

I'll answer these in a backwards order.

It was discussed many times because the details didn't all come in at the same time. It was initially reported to us, then investigated, and when more details came to light, we reconvened and dished out punishment.
It WASN'T a difficult decision once the full scope of the situation was realized. In fact, Nutter and I immediately agreed on the punishments and reasonings, after the evidence hit a certain threshold.

I don't appreciate you treating a situation like this with jest, because its really serious, but I expect nothing less from you given your history on this site.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
5 minutes ago, Proggy said:

It WASN'T a difficult decision

oh okay, it sounded like you guys had to discuss it many times and that the decision was difficult, but now that you're saying the complete opposite, I feel much better Proggy, thanks for the service again o7 sir, here's another medal 🥇

5 minutes ago, Proggy said:

but I expect nothing less from you given your history on this site

idk why you're getting hostile all of a sudden, I expect my gmod janitors to protect my kids and if I ever see you guys slacking off I will point it out and mention it to the manager

• Dumb/Shitpost 9
  • Cringe 4
  • Haha 1
  • The Garnut
14 hours ago, Vejator said:

oh okay, it sounded like you guys had to discuss it many times and that the decision was difficult, but now that you're saying the complete opposite, I feel much better Proggy, thanks for the service again o7 sir, here's another medal 🥇

There is almost always more to every situation in life than what has been reported, as is often the case in complex situations such as the one this post is about. It is essential to every large community to consider all relevant information before coming to a conclusion - especially one with the topics of child endangerment. To me, it is common knowledge that individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty, maybe not to you, and it is important to keep this principle in mind when evaluating any situation. I recommend you maybe further your education by going to college, because your comments have made you seem INCREDIBLY ignorant and entitled.

To clarify, we took the time to gather all the relevant information before taking action. Once we had a clear understanding of the situation, we were able to quickly take appropriate measures which included a permanent ban, which took @Proggy no longer than a mere minute.

14 hours ago, Vejator said:

idk why you're getting hostile all of a sudden, I expect my gmod janitors to protect my kids and if I ever see you guys slacking off I will point it out and mention it to the manager

You've been hawking our community like a lost dog for years now, and I think it is time to call it a day and give you a forum ban. Please take a lesson home as you do not strike me as somebody who's made the best out of their high school education: It is important to approach situations being level-headed and prepared, rather than making assumptions based on limited information - which is what you did throughout this entire post, but myself and the management team at DarkRP know we did not.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 3

I appreciate you guys taking a controlled, mature approach to making this post. People need to be held accountable for their actions and this post shows that both you, @Nutter and @Proggy are pushing to do so more steadily. This ties in to why I personally believe that any staff on any server should be 18+. I recognize that by default more younger folks play Garry's Mod and Rust than older, but it's just because of situations such as this. It puts the younger folks in a really weird position to handle a situation in which they may not be able to critically think in. I constantly remind others that things that you say and post have meaning and you must be able to "own" your comments. I think this is good positive reinforcement of being accountable.

Thanks for watching out for the community - it instills confidence to see communications and actions such as this more frequently.

- Strongside

Edited by Harm
  • Like 2
  • The Garnut
31 minutes ago, Harm said:

Thanks for watching out for the community - it instills confidence to see communications and actions such as this more frequently.

Hey buddy, I figured I would follow up to your post. Having all 18+ staff would definitely be a smart move, however, with age comes IRL commitments, and our older staff unfortunately do not have nearly as much time to dedicate to our servers. I would argue somebody who is older than 15 is perfectly capable of 99.9% of the staffing duties, whereas this situation is an EXTREME rarity. 

Our management team is currently composed of ALL adults thankfully, so we are all able to work together effectively in dealing with tough situations.

I appreciate you for making this comment 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...