DarkRP Map Progress [06/02/2018]

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Fixed a few things based on criticism from the previous progress post, thank you to all you guys who give real criticism, rather than "NICE." "WOW" "GOOD JOB GARNET!". truth be told, I don't care to see these kinds of comments, we have a reaction system for a reason where you can 'like' the post. Anything beyond this is simply shitpost with no substance.

With that being said, since some people wanted to view the map in singleplayer, and I am not open to the idea of publicly releasing the map, I decided to record a short video of me showcasing the progress for this post!

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

I do love the work in general.

But I do feel like the tunnels are kind of plain. Maybe add some cracks/graffiti on the walls and maybe some blood splatters.

I also feel like the inside of PD feels plain. Adding some posters in the lobby or seats would be nice and maybe even some bullet holes in the walls since it is a PD and many people try to kill the mayor. Adding some blood splatters inside the jail cells would be cool too and adding an effect like prisoners were taken hostage during a PD raid or some shit.

Overall, I love what you are doing to the map.

Edited by Watak
fixed taking to taken.
  • Like 1

F7BLZ6h.jpg

So is this the new spawn room? Looks kinda small but I do like how it's in a little cove.

83hsPIO.png

(Sorry for blinding your eyes with my amazingly artistic arrow) So if this room still exists in PD, which a lot of people absolutely hate because of how much it constrains the Mayor and just the space of PD in general, does it have any sort of purpose? Does this mean that the bank is or eventually will be fixed?

• Winner 1

Definitely add some graffiti in those tunnels, brings the world to life and  and makes people feel engaged in the game.

This is a thought that may be possible, have 2 of the poorer sides of town (further from pd) be painted/graffitied differently with different tags. Kinda promote a "turf" between gangs and a push towards rp'ing with gangs and the need to protect your turf. Never seen this on other servers, could be great if people take advantage of it.

I like how the map is expanding! I think it would be interesting if there is a workshop item that adds in a map of the town, place it near PD so people can find where their going.

Looks great so far, I believe the map is going in the right direction! 

• The Garnut
8 hours ago, Not Cool said:

Are you pointing someone?

Nobody specific. But this happens every single time I make such posts.

8 hours ago, Not Cool said:

Again I'm waiting for someone to quote me and say it's totally useless, well...

Yeah, sorry man, i'm not trying to make a dynamic and immersive map for a DarkRP server haha, such things like dynamic lighting and strategically placed decals don't really speak to me.

Thanks for the video, can really grasp the map now. However, the spawn area (train station), seems very small and feels iffy. I feel like body blocking could be an issue if there were no admins on and you were spawn protected. 

Also, as soon as you left the station, my eyes were immediately targeted at the trees to the right. In my opinion, they seem massive and I feel like it could interfere with buildings and hobo bases people make.

When you went through the left tunnel, I was suprised to see that you removed the house at the end instead of the house of the middle. I've never seen the middle house ever be used as it's so empty and impractical!

Would post more, but my eye are heavier than sand bags and I'm on phone. Good night!

On 6/9/2018 at 9:38 PM, [GG] Admin | Cameron said:

Wow thanks garnet, Very cool!

On 6/9/2018 at 9:33 PM, [GG] Admin | Cameron said:

Wow thanks garnet, Very cool!

It is said that double posters that don't delete the 2nd post get force fed lizard shit in Hell. You might want to re-think your actions.

I love how the map looks and feels with the newer textures and how Bright it seems to be.

However, I would like to see some contrast maybe a real grimy area where it's sketchy you know? Maybe the industrial area is the grime place I'm speaking of but who knows (besides Garnet). Either way, I am looking forward to this map update!

• 2 weeks later...