MilitaryRP Update [6/21/2019]

Im not a huge fan of the stamina being implemented. After experimenting in sims, duels, and war the combat is extremely dull and underwhelming. Its not the fast paced run and gun anymore. Instead I find myself jogging to objectives to conserve stamina, (You cant even make it to an Obj without stopping.) Once you get there its just sitting and waiting to gain stamina so you can go in to even have a chance  at clearing. I also dont feel as mobile anymore. Jumping around corners and in combat isnt impossible but does not pay off if you are attempting to clear an objective because more than likely you will run out of stamina quickly and you will become an easy sitting target for others to just gun down with ease. I feel limited to what I can do, its not as nearly the same combat as before. Like I said, to me the combat is SUPER underwhelming for the price to pay with stamina. I dont think stamina is the way to go to suppress bhopping, I am actually a huge fan of the anti-bhop system we had on siberia. People worked together to boost eachother into objectives, and it was a huge helper getting onto objects you wouldnt be able to crouch jump onto originally, not only that it suppressed using the bhop to gain speed. 

Edited by Trip
  • Like 5
  • Winner 4
1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Sprinting will be infinite

I like the thought of this, but the implementation might drive some lower enlisted / base factions away from the class. Of course diversity is nice and possible a key essential to " win wars ". If implemented, the usual LMG / marksman whitelist users might not want to play on it? Just a thought process that came to mind when reading. 

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Stamina bar for jumping

I thoroughly enjoyed this anti bhop because as @Trip mentioned, it brought teamwork and I feel it can be used anywhere on an obj (for example, instead of US taking the stairway to embassy, they can use a two - three man boost and approach at a different angle). Brings a lot of dynamic game changing plays that will keep players enticed and work together instead of single man run and gun. Anti Bhop worked in the past, should be useful for this map specifically. 

Edited by {GG} CJ
  • Like 4
46 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Yeah it's really hard to have this stamina thing on the server when it doesn't fit into the environment at all. You have fast gameplay in general paired with the stamina bar that slows it a shit ton. Which ultimately feels unfair and no where near fun.

I somewhat agree with this first part. I myself don't have too much of a problem with the stamina bar but I think it can be improved upon over time. In my opinion the jumping depletion of the bar seems fair but maybe if the depletion of sprinting was slower then I wouldn't have too much of a problem. Also i'm glad vehicles have been added back and hopefully they won't be taken away anytime soon!

Honestly after playing one war with the new stamina system i don't think it fits very well the server. Stamina feels like its draining very fast, making you nearly walk to objectives and it puts a dent in the jumpy combat that a lot of people learned and use.

6 minutes ago, Oatlife said:

Honestly after playing one war with the new stamina system i don't think it fits very well the server. Stamina feels like its draining very fast, making you nearly walk to objectives and it puts a dent in the jumpy combat that a lot of people learned and use.

I think the "jumpy combat" is what needs to be stopped, but I do agree that the stam system could be reworked so that you lose stamina more slowly and gain more when standing still.

• Like 4
Just now, Phantom said:

I think the "jumpy combat" is what needs to be stopped, but I do agree that the stam system could be reworked so that you lose stamina more slowly and gain more when standing still.

IMO thats what makes the combat fun and unique compared to other games

5 hours ago, {GG} CJ said:

marksman whitelist

DMR's including the SKS and M14 EBR would (atleast the way I want it to be) fall under the AR category. I'd be fine with making a full spreadsheet if you'd like for visuals.

EDIT v

@{GG} CJ

Too lazy to make a spreadsheet then send it/gyazo it for the forums so I'll just edit it here:

Disclaimer: I am not going to edit the numbers for donor classes/speed buff classes as from what I've seen CW2.0 reduces movement speed based off a number rather than %.

Pistols:

M1911, P345, P99(both), SIG P226, FiveSeven, Makarov, SR-1M, cz75, cz52, OTS-33 Pernanch = 275 speed (down from 280) reduced by 5vel

IMI-DEAGLE, DEAGLE, MR96 = 273 speed (down from 280) reduced by 7vel

Tokarev, Micro Deagle, RugerMK3 = 277 speed (down from 280) reduced by 3vel

OR just have all be reduced by a stagnant amount of 5vel (275 speed, down from 280) | or none at all since pistols generally don't effect speed by much

SMGs:

All smg's = 270 speed (down from 280) reduced by 10vel

Pretty basic, most have same size and caliber.

ARs+shotguns+dmrs:

All ARs, shotguns, dmrs = 265 speed (down from 280) reduced by 15vel

Relatively all same size and weight, no need for much varrying

Light Snipers:

Orsis, SV-98, Mosin-Nagant, Dragoon = 260 speed (down from 280) reduced by 20 vel

Not really gonna be too mobile with a long ass barrel and gun in your hands

HEAVY WEAPONS:

M82A3, M92(both), M-60, M249, PKM, ares shrike = 250 speed (down from 280) reduced by 30 vel

Running around with giant 50.cal ammunition and 30-50lb guns doesn't really make you usain bolt

BIG:

.50 HMG = 240 speed (down from 280) reduced by 40 vel

It's a fucking .50 HMG with a capability to hold 600 rounds... it's not really meant to be rushed with anyway.

Probably fogot some guns or something else, anyway feel free to put your input on this. Won't make this into a full suggestion as it has been mentioned many times before in suggestions.

Edited by Pencil
Thanks, CJ.....
  • Like 2
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, Oatlife said:

IMO thats what makes the combat fun and unique compared to other games

Considering our server hits 80-128 players daily, and runs at a tickrate of 22 (the server only updates positions roughly 4 times a second, ignoring client-sided and serversided lag) the jumpy combat does NOT benefit anything other than the further breaking of hitboxes/gameplay mechanics. So the 'jumpy combat' is definitely being nerfed.

Thank you everybody for your input, I will start working on the final iteration for this system in the next few days.

• Like 6
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1

(I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but...)

The only good thing that has come out of the whole stamina thing is that combat has finally been fun.

People can't jump around anymore. I personally think this is wonderful. Makes combat fair like it should be

You don't see people jumping around as much and breaking hitboxes. The people that complain about clearly use it nonstop in combat so I recommend finding other methods to fight. I personally suck at the game but I still have fun without having to jump around like a fucking kangaroo breaking hitboxes. For those who complain about "jumpy combat" being nerfed now I say get over it. Time to play fair.

Edited by Magnus_Reinback
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
2 minutes ago, Magnus_Reinback said:

The only good thing that has come out of the whole stamina thing is that combat has finally been fun.

People can't jump around anymore. I personally think this is wonderful. Makes combat fair like it should be

You don't see people jumping around as much and breaking hitboxes. The people that complain about clearly use it nonstop in combat so I recommend finding other methods to fight. I personally suck at the game but I still have fun without having to jump around like a fucking kangaroo breaking hitboxes. For those who complain about "jumpy combat" being nerfed now I say get over it. Time to play fair.

He’s got a point, I hated it at first then about 2 hours later I was used to controlling my stamina, yes I would love for it to last longer but I for one am now adapted to it and now I don’t mind it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, br0ken- said:

You're completely missing everyone's points, Most people are grateful that this will reduce jumping, People don't like it for the sprinting aspect, which is in fact not operating as intended to be, It's intended to make you lose 1% per second, However right now you lose around 3-4% per second

My post was mainly directed to those complaining about not being able to jump around

On 6/21/2019 at 10:52 AM, DannKeb said:

I know vehichles haven't even been added yet so you probably haven't thought of this but will there be a tool of some sort that allows you to repair the vehichle incase it gets damaged?   Maybe something in the Credits Store or one that you could buy in the F4 Menu for some ingame cash. 

There was a wrench in the old system, but it didn't work too well. We'll see how it pans out.

• Informative 1

Take it from a gameplay perspective, people need to jump for something like the jump course in base(Does anyone use it? New to the map), and jumping over basic obstacles.

But jump crouch spam gets on nerves as it ungodly annoying to fight against and abuses the fact that bullets only register the body part they hit (aka, if a bullet hits a leg first and should go through the chest, it will only do leg damage).

So making stamina regen can go many ways.

You can have slow stamina like now but make sprinting basically take up no stamina and have jump stamina intake increase, like 25% or more. This in itself will make jump crouch spam (sorta) gone and obstacles non concerning to jump over.  But well, goodbye to your stamina if you get stuck and spam jump to get out and continuing to jump over many obstacles will prove not to be well. 

Other way is to just increase jump intake to 15% and sprint have the same stamina intake for sprinting but make stamina much faster to regen like 2 or 4 times faster. This will not phase out jump crouch spam entirely and sprinting will be the same but it's in theory, very simple to implement and the regen as of now is too slow.

Fuck the hitreg and fuck jump crouch spammers, go back to fortnite if you want to jump and shoot.

• Haha 1

Just want to point out, dont know if this is coincidence or not but the server has been losing more and more pop everyday since this update. Theres only 19 people on not counting the ones AFK and its mid day...

Edited by Trip
  • 300 IQ 3
  • Informative 2