Opinions on new (experimental) F4 Menu!

JakePlays

I'd like to have a thread dedicated to this, as to not have only the few people who check the updates page comment on it. Some people feel uncomfortable commenting on posts made in that section, so I'd like to make a more casual one here. 

Here are my opinions:

+Love change, and this is definitely a welcome one.

+Like the fact that people can't automatically see the richest person online, and spam them with PM's.

+As a staff, I like the fact that people can't see all staff online, and spam PM all of them as soon as they make a report. 

+It's easier on the eyes to look at, with not as much information glaring back at you.

+I like the big ol' close button in the top right, cause I suck at clicking things.

+All of the links work, and it is fantastic. Maybe see if you could add a direct link to an addon pack, though? Idek where the real link is tbh.

-Job descriptions still weren't updated. I know that doesn't have to do with the new UI, but it's something I noticed. My personal recommendation? Completely remove job descriptions for non-donor jobs, so people are forced to read the MOTD for their job rules. Problem solved, so there are no conflicting rules/descriptions.

-Organization is non-existent. I understand it is still experimental, however if this had organization, it would be perfect. Guns could use some organization, and the VIP jobs should be in a different category as the non-VIP ones, with absolutely no bleed. It can be quite frustrating as a new user to keep clicking VIP-only jobs. Even with the old F4 menu, there was still bleed with jobs, and lots of users complained. (I understand this is a potential sales tactic to sell more VIP, however it potentially does more harm than good.)

EDIT: I miss the "commands" menu. While yes, I can just type /unownalldoors or /give (amount) or /lockdown...it's easier to use the implemented commands menu. To each their own.

Please don't simply say "I like it" or "I don't like it". I'd appreciate to keep the shitpost away, and to use this as an actual informative thread for the betterment of the server. Thanks in advance! 

@Garnet Tagging you just in case you wanna follow along, message me on Steam if you want the tag removed 🙂 

Edited by JakePlays
A minor -1 has been added
  • Like 1