Duel Bug

Romac622

+1 For those who do not understand what is happening, when Krytz and Romac started their duel, Krytz accepted another duel (this was most likely set up and on purpose as he won almost instantly and it was for $500), and when he won that duel, it counted as him winning the duel with Romac. This bug is overpowered because if you have a friend, then you can win almost any duel as long as they kill themselves when you accept their duel request. Valve, please fix.

Edit: If you look in the video, you can actually see that Krytz and SundayMalec knew what they were doing because you can see in the top right that SundayMalec killed himself. They should both be banned for exploiting.

Edited by JackJJ
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Honestly, I don't think it should be removed. I agree with @Gildarts that it should just be a bannable offense for exploiting, but please don't do anything towards @SundayMalec and @Krytz as they were just testing it. I got my money returned, everything is fine. But many players would like for the Duel NPC to be added back on, but possibly add a rule towards Exploiting the Duels.

• Agree 3
6 hours ago, Romac622 said:

Honestly, I don't think it should be removed. I agree with @Gildarts that it should just be a bannable offense for exploiting, but please don't do anything towards @SundayMalec and @Krytz as they were just testing it. I got my money returned, everything is fine. But many players would like for the Duel NPC to be added back on, but possibly add a rule towards Exploiting the Duels.

The problem with adding the Duel NPC back with the bug unfixed is that a lot of people will still think that it was a bug (which is what you thought until you made this post) and people will still get away with exploiting because the person thinks it was a bug and has no idea that it was all set up and orchestrated. I think they should either fix this bug and add it back, make the bug publicly known so people are aware when they’ve been scammed and add it back, or wait to add it back until the bug is fixed.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, JackJJ said:

make the bug publicly known so people are aware when they’ve been scammed and add it back

^ Maybe a simple perma-propped textscreen next to the npc could tell people exploiting it is a ban?

• Agree 4