DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add Clock/Time onto Datapad

Jeffory

I am not sure that this would be possible since it would be something added to an add on, but it could possibly give people a sense of time and allow people to use time for regrouping or meeting up, similar to when you split up or send a patrol out, and then You could give an eta on when backup could arrive if the patrol was ambushed, or increase immersion of how people could get rushed for evacuations and feel that they could be in trouble of being left behind. Also the reason why I suggest the datapad, is because personally it could be better to have the time on a device, rather than put straight onto the screen.

spacer.png

Denied

Although this is a good suggestion, there is a better alternative to adding a clock in game. In order to display time in such a fashion, it is easy to use the format of 'XX:(two numbers)', this effectively eliminates the issue of time zones because all secondary numbers on the clock are the same for everybody. As an example, if it is currently 3:00PM and you wish to regroup with somebody at 3:15PM, you can say '/comms Regroup on me at XX:15'. Newer players might also get confused if there were a different time system in game.

@Remake lock and move please.