DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Proto - Game Master Application.

Proto

In-game name:   
 Proto

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 
 https://steamcommunity.com/id/Protoscan/

Warns:   
None as of the time of this application submission (will hopefully not change)

Timezone:
EST 

Playtime?(As of current app status): 
29 hrs. 45min 

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?:
YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:
YES; Via OBS

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]
Marky Mark

Past experiences as a Game Master:
 I was a SGM (Senior game master) on Simply Vile SWRP, I had 1,000 hours on the server and was a GM for 400 hours I ran many events and assisted in training new GMs  

Why should we choose you over other applicants?:   
            I believe I would be a valuable asset to the GM team for my prior GM experience, my ability to adlib, and my dedication to quality events. My experience in game-mastering is a steady foundation that I can rely upon as a GM for Garnet SWRP. On simply Vile Gaming I ran many events a week many of them were part of a larger overarching plot that I had developed with my fellow GMs to make a cohesive story and allow player to be immersed in the roleplaying that we all love, I would be glad to be able to continue this trend and bring together the GM team to build a large cohesive plot for our players to enjoy and be immersed in, this would allow for a greater RP experience and a much more involved player base. Now a story line does not always go to plan as the players are people and thus are inherently unpredictable.
            This is where the ability to adlib comes into play, as a GM in DND and in SWRP I have encountered o'many of times where my players do something completely different from what I was expecting and planning for, thus I was forced to constantly practice my ability to adlib and build off of what my players do and how they react. This is a immensely valuable skill to practice and possess. It allows me to create dynamic events and not have an event or plot simply end because of a player choice, this gives the players a sense of freedom and autonomy and allows for events to give a sense of their actions having an impact on how the event proceeds. Even with experience and adaptability a project cannot be immersive, complete, and of good quality without dedication to the craft.
           Dedication allows for improvement of a craft, and leads to much higher quality product; The same is true for a GM. If one is dedicated enough to crafting a story, while the first may not be perfect the next will be better. I have shown dedication by my join time and my current gameplay hours, I joined 4 days ago and have nearly 30 hours this averages 7.5 hours a day (a full time job) and this shows the level of dedication I have to this server and the care I have for the community. I know I would be more than pleased to run events for this wonderful community.
           Me being giving the responsibilities of a GM would be a great asset to the SWRP server because of my Prior experience as a SGM, my ability to adapt, and my dedication to the server.  

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?
I have never been banned on any server in gmod.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
I will be able to play multicable hours a week, likely everyday for a few hours, though some days I may not be able to due to work/collage.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:
The responsibilities of a GM is to be an immersive story teller for the players on the SWRP server and to assist others doing so, they also must give the players the ability to sink into the RP of the server and allow them to be the players they wish to be.  

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:
I would help to build large overarching plots that each event would be apart of and give the players a sense of accomplishment upon finishing a story line or plot. 

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:
I believe that building large story lines and corresponding events build a larger goal for the player to attain and a grater since of satisfaction once completing, one that one time events simply cannot bring.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale:

Combat + RP Oriented  
1) recovering intel stolen during an attack and then discovering that the CIS is building a rival base a few jumps away. The troopers need to gather intel on the base and preparing an assault of our own to destroy their base and gather intel on the reason why they had a base. And can find any number of things, a) a large depot of resources was found that they can use to build a large amount of droids, requiring destruction of mining equipment, extraction of dangerous materials all the while being assaulted by droids that need to be fended off.  b) A ancient force artifact that has unknown uses, requiring the troopers to defend the jedi as they attempt to retrieve the artifact. c) a droid research plant making new, more deadly droids (This can include a boss droid who needs to be terminated) 

2) During a assault a squad of commando droids infiltrate the base and capture a fleet, and try to escape, a) if they succeed a rescue mission is mounted to recover them requiring negotiations and good tactics, b) if they fail they barricade them selves inside a room and need to be stealthy killed or successfully negotiated with to recover the officer. 

3) Several software attacks are targeted at the base and they seem to have found backdoors in the systems, this should be impossible unless there is a turn coat within the ranks, then the player must find the turn coat via encoded messages and small clues and hints (some of these can be missteps by the turn coat and the like), once found the turn coat attempts to flee and they must capture or kill to end the threat. 

4) A dark force user crash-landed near the base and troopers and jedi are sent to investigate upon the dark force users capture the cis attempt a assault and when that fails the cis capture a padawan and attempt a hostage trade but the cis attempt to cheat and keep both and the players must see through the deceit or counter.

5) A distress signal is received from a venator near the base they seem to have been overrun by cis forces and need assistance to recapture the venator, this can include the reactor needing to be fixed, bombs disabled, and hostage rescue. 

Heavy RP w/ Little to no Combat 
1) A fleet Inspector is sent to examine the base thoroughly, such as bunks, quality of amenities, equipment. Also the training of troops and other procedures would be supervised and those who do not pass the inspectors inspection will be pulled aside and spoken to about how and why they do not pass the inspection.

2) A local dispute between 2 sides of a village has escalated into near violence and will escalate further unless action is taken to fix the issue. (The base issue could be caused by a land dispute, local elections, or accusations of a serious crime that have little evidence)

3) A shipment of a very valuable and corrosive material crashed on planet and needs to be cleaned up quickly, the substance is know to cause mutations, hallucinations, and sever burns and poisoning 

4) A ship has run out of fuel and/or is heavily damaged and requests landing at the base, after they land the crew seems... a) thankful for the assist and gives intel on a passing CIS scout ship nearby and this can lead into a larger event. b) seem nervous about anyone going near their ship and seem to want to leave ASAP, if pushed they will attempt to leave but if stopped and searched they were transporting illegal substances (can be death sicks, weapons, droids, etc...)   

5) The reactor is damaged from a CIS attack and is leaking dangerous radiation into the base. It needs to be fixed and the radiation contained before a meltdown!

Edited by Proto
Was given advise on a comment
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, GGStatiic said:

-1 Hear me out.

His experience is quite notable and a good thing. However, I do not feel this app was givin the most effort you could've put into it. Your events are decent as a baseline type of event however Currently the server likes more RP situations/Scenarios. I have also not seen you on as of yet. TL:DR Bump up your app and Improve on your Events on your app and i will change my vote to a +1. 

Thanks for the advise, I have revised as you have stated! 

+1 I would definitely like to see what he can do with these event ideas and build onto them even more with the help of other GM's. I think there is a high amount of potential here and he is also very active. To me it seems like a perfect opportunity to allow him to show his skills and past experience.