DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Map Change/Ideas

Tage

United States-sided idea (Tanks/Helicopters)

1. Looking into the new map, I want to bring some changes as we are bringing US and Tali Pilot jobs. There are no helipads for helicopters. I feel there should be parachutes added back since the pilot class is being added. It just makes more sense. I haven't fairly gotten to know the whereabouts in TaigaV3 but I don't think there are any spots to land a helicopter near objectives, hence why there should be parachutes for people to land on OBJ quicker. I don't think parachutes should be able to be shot down, but they may be able to shoot the person. The player in the parachute may zoom in and shoot, but the aim spread will be +80, as you're in the air. I tried to fly a helicopter in TaigaV3 and the skybox is not even 20 feet above the buildings in the US base. the building in Tali base touches the sky box. So the skybox will need to be raised to be able to fly aircraft on this map.

Inked20230724010915_1.jpg
2. For the picture I put up, is where I feel like there should be placed a helipad, either remove the trees and place one there, or create stairs or another function to get on top of the roof for a helipad. At the edge of the helipad, there will be an NPC spawner. The NPC spawner will consist of 2 attack helicopters and 1 transport. The helicopters will be: MI-8AMTSH (Transport), AH-1Z (Attack), and AH-6A (Lower the ammo on the minigun)

3. Tanks included with Pilot class. I have tested every tank against every explosive weapon, even cars, helicopters that I put in #2, grenades, and the jihad bomb. Jihad bombs, explosive cars, and grenades do not affect the tanks one bit. The balanced tanks I feel are best for the server, are Leopard 2A7, and T-90MS. The reason is, Leopard is fast and also a hard hitter but, it can be destroyed in just a few hits with the right explosives. And T-90MS is slow, but a hard hitter, and can take good amounts of damage before exploding. There will be an NPC spawner located here: spacer.png

It will be in the corner where the trees are. The trees will just have to be removed and put a concrete there.

Afghanistan-sided ideas (Explosive cars/Armored Cars)

1. More armored cars with guns need to be added. There's only 1 armored car with a gun. It's the INS1 Humvee, and it's okay, but there needs to be more. I was looking into more armored cars, and I found this pack with 3 armored cars: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2098339856&searchtext=simfphys+armored+cars I don't think it's a bad addition as we only have 1 armored car currently. The damage on all the cars needs to be upgraded as they do nothing to tanks or cars. When you shoot on this pack, the impact on any surface or vehicle is like a huge explosion, which would need to be fixed. 

2. Explosive cars are fine with range, but it does need to be able to affect tanks and any other vehicle. I don't see any issues with it currently, but it not being able to damage tanks.

( I would have made something for planes, but I don't see planes being used very much in a small map as this, especially having no where to land.)

Edited by Tage
Revising
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

+1 for helis. Id love to see a functional helipad that is not gatekept by AFSOC. With this new Pilot wl and No AFSOC seeing a Helipad added would be great. More RP opportunities and war uses. Just something that probably needs to happen. Parachutes are a diffrent story. It would be a very nice addition. Parachutes on Delta V1 were great. But idk if that a must right now. Just dont feel like it will happen any time soon. 

As for the armored cars Im gonna stay NEUTRAL. I feel like the addition of more would be unbalanced but US does have a tank. So. I dont know if it would be a good idea or a bad one. Maybe have a test day and we could implement that for just a little bit? But with all the explosives on tali and the very little on US im staying neutral. But dont get me wrong it would be very cool. 

• Like 1

I like the heli idea so it is a +1 from me. I think that this map's skybox will need to be raised as I can actually shoot the bayonet knife given to venal onto the skybox from US base. It is currently very low and would need to be raised. For armored cars, I believe that we should add them but also nerf them a bit. I have played in a war where Tali and US were given tanks and I saw basecamping with them in which admins had to intervene as we could not destroy them with our weapons. I believe light armored cars would be fine for everyday use but for tanks and such I would say only let admins spawn them in and have admin monitor who uses them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...