"Fixing" Fading Doors

LittleOlivia

11 hours ago, Jarold said:

You gotta be joking that would be awful. That's like not allowing weapons on the server to reduce the number of RDM reports. -1

Alot of servers have this feature & It functions properly in the community. I'm not suggesting getting rid of fading doors, rather reduce fading door abuse. Keypads are meant to be used & hardly anyone feels obligated to use them unless they are compelled to .

Edited by LittleOlivia
25 minutes ago, LittleOlivia said:

Alot of servers have this feature & It functions properly in the community. I'm not suggesting getting rid of fading doors, rather reduce fading door abuse. Keypads are meant to be used & hardly anyone feels obligated to use them unless they are compelled to .

People do not need to use them but there are many situations were their abuse. Like transporting printers into a base that's an RP situation. people will hold open their doors with keybinds when there really supposed to be using the keypads. If I understand what your suggesting this would make a great addition to the server.  Its forcing people to stop abusing fading doors and actually use them they way they were intended.

+1

14 minutes ago, Charlie said:

People do not need to use them but there are many situations were their abuse. Like transporting printers into a base that's an RP situation. people will hold open their doors with keybinds when there really supposed to be using the keypads. If I understand what your suggesting this would make a great addition to the server.  Its forcing people to stop abusing fading doors and actually use them they way they were intended.

+1

On point. Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things.

1 hour ago, Kurtis said:

I do agree as much as I would hate it. Theres never really a point where your entering your base for a "non rp" situation. 

+1

To cool your printers, to sell meth and returning, after a raid, the list goes on. there's plenty of reasons to enter your base during a non rp situation. 

9 hours ago, Charlie said:

+1

I would agree but only the owner of the keypads can even use their key binds to open it. In addition, i feel like there's certain things that are necessary to maintaining a good quality of life. The pro's of disabling it are outweighed by peoples laziness, if it were more of a serious RP i would completely agree. You can't just disable all the functions that have the possibility to result in a rule break, that's when you just record your gameplay and report it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jarold said:

To cool your printers, to sell meth and returning, after a raid, the list goes on. there's plenty of reasons to enter your base during a non rp situation. 

I would agree but only the owner of the keypads can even use their key binds to open it. In addition, i feel like there's certain things that are necessary to maintaining a good quality of life. The pro's of disabling it are outweighed by peoples laziness, if it were more of a serious RP i would completely agree. You can't just disable all the functions that have the possibility to result in a rule break, that's when you just record your gameplay and report it. 

cooling your printers to make sure you can get more rp money doesn't count as a rp sit? selling meth for monye doesnt count as a rp sit? 

Just now, kurtis7667psar said:

cooling your printers to make sure you can get more rp money doesn't count as a rp sit? selling meth for monye doesnt count as a rp sit? 

No, rp situations are Raids, Muggings, being chased/raided by the police etc, most of which have an advert to initiate it. You have to go into spawn to sell meth, which isn't allowed during an rp situation anyways.