Ban Appeal: URDM

VLZ85

In-game name: omega red
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:245479740
Staff members in-game name: BigDawg (sit) Chubz (ban)
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:230965667
Date & Time of incident: 8/6 12:30 am
Timezone: PST
Ban Reason: Unintentional Mass RDM
How long were you banned for?:  1 week
Proof of Ban:

2BC42647C40537BE567C376C374EAEC6A45852A7

What happened? (include any proof): I was brought into a sit due to a report placed by another player (jacob-something??? sorry, I do not recall his RP name). His complaint was based on me committing MRDM. I did explain that I was trying to learn how to move a grenade from being equipped, and place it into inventory for later use; however, I was unsuccessful, releasing them where other players were around.  BigDawg checked logs, and brought to our attention that the player had not been killed by a grenade, but suffered shotgun damage during a previous raid. I did not advert crossfire, and apologized for the mistake. I then proposed compensating the player with a money drop to reinforce the apology, but his retort was for BigDawg to "ban him!".  I believe that BigDawg, and Chubz were reluctant to ban me based on the reason being Unintentional MRDM. My intent was to continue RP while learning further use of the game's mechanics. I did not record the sit, or my gameplay during the session.

Why should your ban be removed?: The complaint for MRDM was not justified based on the player's report. He was not killed by my unintentional grenade release; therefore, the 1 week MRDM ban seems excessive. It appears that his report was placed in retaliation to the shotgun incident, using inflammatory logic to justify an emotional goal of having me banned.  If there was a consequence relative to the report placed, I should have been jailed or warned for RDM due to not adverting crossfire. I acknowledge that I made an error by not using an advert, and would request that my ban be overturned  or reduced to a duration relative to the scale of the mistake. Thank you for your time, and consideration.

Best regards,

JV

I banned you for the 6 or so people that were killed by your double barrel, I told you no one died from a grenade. The reporter was killed with your double barrel, looking back on it now it should've been MRDM. You were a gun dealer and you had no adverts. KCWqt9I.jpg

Edited by BigDawg

I see how it would look that way at the time of our sit, but prior to the sit, I was a cyber thief. I had changed jobs to black market dealer maybe 10 minutes before the sit. Catcio was a counter. Dipstick, ineedaliffe, IIIIIII, and jacob were killed within the context of raids. Jacob was caught in crossfire.

12 minutes ago, BigDawg said:

I banned you for the 6 or so people that were killed by your double barrel, I told you no one died from a grenade. The reporter was killed with your double barrel, looking back on it now it should've been MRDM. You were a gun dealer and you had no adverts. @BigDawgKCWqt9I.jpg

Just now, VLZ85 said:

I see how it would look that way at the time of our sit, but prior to the sit, I was a cyber thief. I had changed jobs to black market dealer maybe 10 minutes before the sit. Catcio was a counter. Dipstick, ineedaliffe, IIIIIII, and jacob were killed within the context of raids. Jacob was caught in crossfire.

Still you had no adverts

I'm typically steadfast to making the adverts clear. I'm not sure what happened. I've been on the wrong end of RDM before, and it's no fun at all. I did change my keybinds earlier in the evening, and likely botched my counter and raid binds. 

5 minutes ago, BigDawg said:

Still you had no adverts

@BigDawg

Edited by VLZ85
Just now, VLZ85 said:

I'm typically steadfast to making the adverts clear. I'm not sure what happened. I've been on the wrong end of RDM before, and it's no fun at all. I did change my keybinds earlier in the evening, and likely botched my counter and raid binds. 

It wasn't botched, there was nothing there. smkl0nr.jpg

2 minutes ago, BigDawg said:

Well you should've brought that up, that might have excused you actions.

I understand. I didn't pick up that the raid advert wasn't there, and thought we were focused on the crossfire kill. I figured I forgot to advert crossfire because I  manually type that advert in those situations, and failed to do so in jacob's case.

2 hours ago, BigDawg said:

Well you should've brought that up, that might have excused you actions.

I understand. I didn't pick up that the raid advert wasn't there, and thought we were focused on the crossfire kill. I figured I forgot to advert crossfire because I  manually type that advert in those situations, and failed to do so in jacob's case.