Ban Appeal: URDM

VLZ85

55 minutes ago, Iron_Fetus33 said:

DENIED

All the damage you did was done by a shotgun. You had no adverts. I am not sure if you were saying raid in OOC or what, but in order to do an actual advert you have to say | /advert Raid | that is the proper command for an advert. We have adverts in place for instances like this.

@The King of Rohan

I completely understand. I usually keybind /advert raid to my T key. I changed the language to be a bit more colorful, but did not do so correctly. So when I went to use the T keybind, it did not send. It was a mistake in setting up the correct instructions with bind T "say /advert raid".

1 minute ago, VLZ85 said:

I completely understand. I usually keybind /advert raid to my T key. I changed the language to be a bit more colorful, but did not do so correctly. So when I went to use the T keybind, it did not send. It was a mistake in setting up the correct instructions with bind T "say /advert raid".

I get that, but stop replying to this thread. Its done its over.

Should I create a new topic? 

There's something to say about intent. I intended to RP properly, but made a coding/oversight error. While I understand the desire to shut down the conversation and move on, it seems unnecessary, if not unethical, to ban a person for that duration for what could be argued as a error in execution, and not judgement. Considering that I've donated to the server to show support, and appreciation, I am asking for the same in return, sir. Would you please kindly reconsider your decision based on the new facts that were presented? Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

JV

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
1 minute ago, VLZ85 said:

Should I create a new topic? 

There's something to say about intent. I intended to RP properly, but made a coding/oversight error. While I understand the desire to shut down the conversation and move on, it seems unnecessary, if not unethical, to ban a person for that duration for what could be argued as a error in execution, and not judgement. Considering that I've donated to the server to show support, and appreciation, I am asking for the same in return, sir. Would you please kindly reconsider your decision based on the new facts that were presented? Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

JV

It isnt a long ban, theres been people donate to the server that get perm banned, dont mean shit son.

2 minutes ago, Iron_Fetus33 said:

It isnt a long ban, theres been people donate to the server that get perm banned, dont mean shit son.

I'm not sure that I deserve such a rude reply. I've been cordial to this point, and will remain so. A donation isn't being leveraged here. I'm mentioning to illustrate with facts that I do care about being part of this community. I know this thread does not exist within a vacuum, but other people being permanently shouldn't be used as a propter hoc argument to uphold a length of time associated with a ban. 

Would you be so kind as to at the very least, acknowledge the nature of the mistake? The error, and subsequent punishment are disproportionate considering that we're analyzing an error vs disregard for our collective adherence to the RP rules. Wouldn't you agree?

Best regards,

JV

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
2 minutes ago, VLZ85 said:

I'm not sure that I deserve such a rude reply. I've been cordial to this point, and will remain so. A donation isn't being leveraged here. I'm mentioning to illustrate with facts that I do care about being part of this community. I know this thread does not exist within a vacuum, but other people being permanently shouldn't be used as a propter hoc argument to uphold a length of time associated with a ban. 

Would you be so kind as to at the very least, acknowledge the nature of the mistake? The error, and subsequent punishment are disproportionate considering that we're analyzing an error vs disregard for our collective adherence to the RP rules. Wouldn't you agree?

Best regards,

JV

he already made his decision now if you don't stop responding you might get forum banned. haHAA

Very well. Please note that the decision was given before all facts were considered, and once those facts were given, they were ignored because "Its done. Its over". Refusing to acknowledge that information in relation to a decision shows that the method of issuing decisions is valued more than those that choose to participate in our community. @The King of Rohan @Iron_Fetus33Please accept my apologies for continuing to comment. I wouldn't do so unless I felt fair opportunity was allowed to have all the relevant facts taken into consideration.

30 minutes ago, Iron_Fetus33 said:

I get that, but stop replying to this thread. Its done its over.

• Dumb/Shitpost 2