[GG] Army Training Suggestion

Toyto

Lately, I have been doing many trainings and therefore sims with Army. The problem with this however is that Army rarely knows who is on their team and for good reason. I have even tried doing model-based sims which can sometimes work but normally ends up in an unbalanced due to the weaponry. Even with different models, I would still sometimes get confusion from the lower enlisted as they haven’t had time to know the difference between the Army Marksman and Army Soldier as the subtle difference in helmets was hard for them to spot. Due to this, I have come up with three solutions that I believe could fix this. Before I get any comment, I am aware that managers+ can set colors for players. The problem with this is that even when we had 3 managers I was not able to get a manager to do this because they are either AFK or doing something more important during peacetime. It’s mostly due to my want to do trainings when there are fewer people as it is A, easier to teach a smaller group and B, more likely that there isn’t something else going on like tryouts or an event.

Option A – Least Favorite – Add squad for Army. This would be the most effective way for people to tell who is on their team but is prone to many faults. The two main things being lag from all the halos and LUAs. One solution to those problems is restricted access to only during trainings and other things where small groups of people need to use squad. This however would be hard to enforce and still prone to LUAs.

Option B – Tied with C – Add a special job for Army and only that job can access Army’s squad. This job could either be whitelisted by another special job that only people doing trainings would have access to (Army Officers and all of SOC). Or could be whitelisted by staff (Not preferable as we again run into the issue of the possibility of no one being able to do it during low-pop but reduces the number of jobs needed). These jobs could be the same models as Army Soldier and Army Drill Instructor to remove the need to add packs. This option adds a way for the US to enforce being in squad as they can only give the whitelists the people that need it at that moment and take it away once they are done. It wouldn’t fix LUAs but would drastically cut down on the amount of them as those who think it’s funny to LUA could just be demoted or removed from the whitelist. I’m not good with naming things so if someone has a better idea for names then feel free to suggest and I’ll edit accordingly. I was thinking the names could be “US Army : Field Trainee” and “US Army : Field Instructor”.

Option C – Give lower staff members the ability to set colors. The only problem being that sometimes there is no staff on during low pop. If this were to be a thing my suggestion would be Mod+ as I don’t really see how setting materials is something game-breaking. This could be ignorance on my part but it should be up to the staff team to decide where to allow this at.

Overall, I’d be happy with B or C. While B is better in my opinion as there would be no confusion with Army about who is on their team, I can understand people’s concern with LUA. I believe either would be beneficial as it allows trainings to be less chaotic since people know who is on their team. This would also make them more balanced as I would no longer have to settle for unfair model-based teams, saying this team can only use pistols, etc. This suggestion could also be mirrored to 2GA, I used Army in the suggestion to remove confusion. 

• Cringe 2
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 1