DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Climb Swep For MRP

Bozee

my idea here is to add the Climb Swep into MRP!

my thinking here is that the Climb swep would be limited to 1 or 2 uses per charge, and it could be used from various things such as increasing variation to tryouts, increasing variation to gameplay, and increasing the capabilities of movement!

overall its a pretty simple idea, that I think could go a long way in the setting of MRP!

• Disagree 2

*PTSD back to 2016 when climb swep was added and people could glitch it so it sends them at mach 10 going across the map*

If that glitch could somehow get patched then maybe it'd be a cool thing to add, but I remember it was very exploitative back when it was a thing.

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, PrisonNightmare said:

If that glitch could somehow get patched then maybe it'd be a cool thing to add, but I remember it was very exploitative back when it was a thing.

This glitch is caused by the rolling mechanic. I don't have the addon on hand to look at it, but removing/disabling rolling (which is only there to dampen/rid of fall damage while climbing) should fix this. (Rolling, for some reason, did this slide effect that was multiplied by your initial velocity before the roll. If you did it correctly and didn't take fall damage then you could fall from a high height, roll, and then go flying with massive amounts of velocity)

-1. While it isn't necessarily meant to be a feature, we can just time our jumps with the anti-bhop to gain height and climb objects. With the Climb Swep, however: experienced climbers can do A LOT with just one charge. And I'm unsure of if the climb swep is still available on the DarkRP server or not, and if it isn't there: why it had been removed.

• 4 weeks later...