Got A 1 Month Ban For Being A "toxic Idiot".

NotVeryImportant

In-game name: papi k
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  Yours:(STEAM_0:1:54672009)
Staff members in-game name: Proggy
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): Proggy: (STEAM_0:0:66620478)
Date & Time of incident: 21:40:05
Timezone: pst
Ban Reason: "toxic idiot"
How long were you banned for?: 1 month
Proof of Ban:  2020-11-26 - 21:40:05 Not Very Important(STEAM_0:1:54672009) Proggy(STEAM_0:0:66620478) 29-00:00 toxic idiot
What happened? (include any proof): Proggy was killed after coming onto my property and got mad so he called it a fail base, alot of people do the same thing in that spot including admins so thats whatever, I'd gladly take the jail time for that if he'd like. But, it was not in a sit, therefore i was breaking no rules by talking the way i was. Its crazy to me that a admin bans for a month because someone called him a bunch of names. Ive had problems with proggy in the past and he actually caused me to quit once which sucks because ive been a player here for a very long time. So by me acting the way i did it wasnt unprovoked like he said. ( I resubmitted a few to many times because i was unaware of the format, and on the first ticket proggy closed it so i was unable to respond.)
Why should your ban be removed?: It should be removed because it was completely overkill and very biased.

• Disagree 1

I was there and involved in the argument, I feel it was wrong for Proggy to delete our base before warning us about it or anything. He comes onto our property so we kill him then he proceeds to revive himself and delete some of our base. Proggy didn't give us a chance to even comply he just went straight for the ban with no acceptations. It was uncalled for him to be banned for being a "Toxic Idiot" when we were not in a sit to begin with.

• Disagree 1

So lets take this line by line.

2 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

Proggy was killed after coming onto my property and got mad so he called it a fail base, alot of people do the same thing in that spot including admins so thats whatever, I'd gladly take the jail time for that if he'd like.

I was killed in an area that is non-KOS zone. I hadn't walked past any doors, so I should not be getting killed. If you see admins making the same mistake with the building rules, I incline you to report them. We're a bit past giving you jail time, and again you weren't banned for the failbase or RDM; You were banned for being toxic.

4 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

But, it was not in a sit, therefore i was breaking no rules by talking the way i was. Its crazy to me that a admin bans for a month because someone called him a bunch of names. 

• Do not disrespect or use racism to other members of the community when out-of-character (OOC).
    • Example: Text Screens, OOC Chat, Advert, Admin Sits, RP Name.
  • Do not harass, grief, or troll players of the community.

This was a sit. The second I teleported back to you and told you what you did wrong, it became a sit. When you are arguing with an admin about the rules, that is an out of character interaction. There is nothing about bringing you to a roof that magically makes things OOC. 

10 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

Ive had problems with proggy in the past and he actually caused me to quit once which sucks because ive been a player here for a very long time.

You had a flaw in your base that allowed me to raid and destroy your printers from the street, and you ragequit the game after I did so. Any player who noticed the flaw in your base design would be able to do the same, and its not like I admin abused in any way. Bringing this up is irrelevant at best. Furthermore, the amount of time in which you've played the server does not omit you from obeying rules.

14 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

So by me acting the way i did it wasnt unprovoked like he said. 

It was absolutely unprovoked. I was giving you a VERBAL warning instead of a WARN&JAIL for the RDM and failbase. 
I was literally about to walk away since I had already given you all the information you needed, but you blurt out this.

cd8f57ad661e401ab8fc8b08eb12e107.png

18 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

Why should your ban be removed?: It should be removed because it was completely overkill and very biased.

Overkill is debatable, but biased is outright false. Anyone telling people to kill themselves in an OOC interaction will catch a toxicity ban, which is usually anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

As you can see it wasnt in OOC, so the rules were not broken. I said it was bias because many people use that same design including admins and next time I see it which will likely be soon ill make sure to send a ss! It wasnt a sit because no one reported it which I can show many other  occasions where certain details were put off because there was no sit like ghost ACE being killed by knoxx and there was no sit so it wasnt counted, you shouldve made a report because you were not on duty and it wouldve been a sit. 

• Disagree 1
3 minutes ago, SundayMalec said:

I was there and involved in the argument, I feel it was wrong for Proggy to delete our base before warning us about it or anything. He comes onto our property so we kill him then he proceeds to revive himself and delete some of our base. Proggy didn't give us a chance to even comply he just went straight for the ban with no acceptations. It was uncalled for him to be banned for being a "Toxic Idiot" when we were not in a sit to begin with.

This is inaccurate. When I was killed, I brought myself back, and told you guys that it wasnt a KOS-area, and that I cannot be KOS'd if I never went past any doors. You guys gave me pushback so I deleted the textscreen and props that were out front to show that I was serious.

I didn't go straight for a ban, I was going for a verbal warning which is the LIGHTEST POSSIBLE PUNISHMENT. Again he wasn't banned for the RDM, failbase, or arguing about the rules at all. You can't be banned for a single RDM and a failbase anyways.
I went straight for a ban after he said "idec bro go kys" as you can see I copy his ID immediately after he says that. 

6 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

As you can see it wasnt in OOC, so the rules were not broken.

OOC does not just mean OOC chat, but also any out of character interaction. Any time you are not talking as papi k the cyber thief, you are out of character. This includes any time you are bickering with an admin about rules. This should be pretty simple to understand. I don't know why you're thinking of OOC and sits so rigidly. OOC isn't just the chat, sits aren't just on roofs.

10 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

It wasnt a sit because no one reported it

Not always how it works, you're not weaseling out of your ban with that defense. There are a plethora of scenarios where we ban people or have sits without a report.

6 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

Also then if my ban would stand for toxicity the amount of people that say kys in chat is crazy its gmod, people are toxic, are you going to ban everyone for saying kys, or are you just being bias because its a admin?

Well most people tend to read our rules and not say stuff like that, the ones that do get dealt with accordingly. There's no bias here. 

How am i not talking as papi k the cyber theif am i only supposed to say certain words as my job im not understanding that, and im not weasling anything you are in the wrong even the aqdmin that commented before knew that and thats why they deleted there post too. And you guys shouldnt be handling your own situations it should be a seperate staff member so each side of the party can explain there side. And with the rules part even if someone did read the rules they could still say that because it follows all the rules because i never said it in ooc.

Egirl which part to you disagree to with your reaction, just curious?

• Disagree 3
1 minute ago, NotVeryImportant said:

How am i not talking as papi k the cyber theif

I'm really done repeating myself:
You aren't talking as your in-game avatar when you are talking to a staff about rules. You are talking as a real human person to another real human person. This is considered OOC. OOC is not just the /ooc chat.

The admin who removed their post was denying your appeal, not agreeing with you.

3 minutes ago, NotVeryImportant said:

And with the rules part even if someone did read the rules they could still say that because it follows all the rules because i never said it in ooc.

No, actually. It shouldn't be any surprise to you that we don't allow the players to tell other players to kill themselves. It's not like you we're telling my character in game to kill itself immediately after arguing with me about rules for 5 minutes. You are trying to use semantics to get out of your ban. You were blatantly toxic. We'll see you in a month.

Denied

When speaking to a staff member about rules you have broken, it is a sit therefore the excuse "it wasn't in OOC" is invalid.

Telling someone to kill themselves especially after they helped you is disgusting and the 1 month ban is well deserved.

You can wait this ban out, I hope you can mature for when you come back.

• Spicy 2
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2
  • Agree 3