DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Simple point on applications for those who care

@JackJJI don’t see why you reacted with the hWaaAt reaction Wreck might not have known that Clark already made one seeing as Clark’s was almost a year and a half ago and I don’t see it anywhere in Clarks where it says to read the staff rules like wreck said. I can see it as wreck posting something to encourage people that have either been recently denied or looking to apply for staff not to give up the hard work just because of one denial or if they’re nervous to apply. 

there’s been a couple people where I’ve seen them get denied once or twice and then they’ll improve so much and then eventually get a staff. Point I'm trying to make is it’s good to have people like wreck in the community that try to help players to the best of their ability 

11 minutes ago, ReyZer said:

I can see it as wreck posting something to encourage people that have either been recently denied or looking to apply for staff not to give up the hard work just because of one denial or if they’re nervous to apply. 

I'm going to be honest, I'm not quite sure how you see his post that way.

12 minutes ago, ReyZer said:

@JackJJI don’t see why you reacted with the hWaaAt reaction Wreck might not have known that Clark already made one seeing as Clark’s was almost a year and a half ago

"hWaaAt?" is not a negative rep. I reacted that way for a few reasons. Firstly, I found that his post was very short and unneeded for Guides & Tutorials because if you click on the category and literally scroll down, you can see a fully fledged out, proper guide on applying to be a staff member. I also disagreed with his statement, "Look at previous accepted staff members apps, look for the common trend among those." because I find it's 100x more helpful to look at the Accepted applications, like he said, as well as the Denied applications to see why they were -1'd.

16 minutes ago, ReyZer said:

and I don’t see it anywhere in Clarks where it says to read the staff rules like wreck said.

Anyone who doesn't read the staff rules when it clearly states to do so should not be a staff member. And anyone who goes looking for a guide for applying for staff would most likely read the staff rules anyways. I feel that Clark didn't put this in his guide for these exact reasons, although I don't want to put words in his mouth.

20 minutes ago, ReyZer said:

Point I'm trying to make is it’s good to have people like wreck in the community that try to help players to the best of their ability 

I agree with you on this point, but I'd disagree that Wreck is trying to help players to the best of their ability. To be honest, his post looks more like a shitpost to me due to it's length and effort than a guide/tutorial, but a shitpost reaction is a negative rep and I felt that was unnecessary.