Pointer

In-game name: Pointer
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_1:0:449408141
Warns: None
Timezone: GMT+1 (Poland)
Playtime?: 292:51:44
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] DTA Fetn Deviluke
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] N/A
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

I believe you should choose me as a moderator over other applicants because of my ability to help people in a friendly way with their problems. I also want to help people experience the same fun time I had when I played on the server. With my Playtime of 290+ hours, I am sure that I can help the moderation team with their hard work. One of my biggest pluses is a friendly attitude to other members of the community and also the ability to help people in a way that they will understand.

I imagine by helping people in a friendly but also mature way I can help them understand problems that may appear in their time on the server. I Believe I can help the community to grow and help the Moderation team to get stronger. I believe I can be better than other applicants because of my knowledge about the server and its rules. I believe I am a mature and fast-learning person that can adapt to every situation to complete my task. I also saw a ton of sits from the perspective of a player causing my knowledge about the stress that person on the other site feels which can help me calming them down and making the sit is happening in a way that it should be looking. One of my biggest pluses is being very thorough. I am also very careful about my actions and taking everything very seriously. 

Another reason I believe I can be a great addition to the staff team is my ability to be online during hours when other staff members are not available at the moment. I live in Poland and the difference in time is very noticeable as when I am online most people that are online cant get help from moderation. I also would be a perfect addition to the team because of my knowledge of rules and my capability to learn fast.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

I got once warned on for NLR but I was at the time a very new player

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

N/A
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I right now learn at Tech School with a Programming profile so I usually have to go to the school but when I can I join the Dark RP server and stay on it until I go to sleep. I usually play 5-7 hours a day but sometimes I have projects I have to work on so I can play a little bit less sometimes. 

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

My main hobby is coding and sometimes playing some retro games. I am also a big fan of playing sandbox and story mode games. 

Did you read the staff rules?: Pointer

Edited by Pointer
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Pointer said:

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

I believe you should choose me as a moderator over other applicants because of my ability to help people in a friendly way with their problems. I also want to help people experience the same fun time I had when I played on the server. With my Playtime of 290+ hours, I am sure that I can help the moderation team with their hard work. One of my biggest pluses is a friendly attitude to other members of the community and also the ability to help people in a way that they will understand.

I imagine by helping people in a friendly but also mature way I can help them understand problems that may appear in their time on the server. I Believe I can help the community to grow and help the Moderation team to get stronger. 

This doesn’t really meet the two paragraph minimum.

7 hours ago, Pointer said:

Did you read the staff rules?: YES

You’re going to want to re-read those a little closer.

Other than that, you have a good referral, a decent amount of playtime, no warns, and nothing crazy in the past.

+1 You fixed your application, you have a good referral, a decent amount of playtime, no warns, and nothing crazy in the past.

Edited by JackJJ
pointer fixed application
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
23 minutes ago, JackJJ said:

This doesn’t really meet the two paragraph minimum.

Do i rewrite it or add something or just do nothing

23 minutes ago, JackJJ said:

You’re going to want to re-read those a little closer.

I did read it but i will read it again very closesy

From what I can see you've changed a bit on the paragraphs and fixed the rules part. 

I would say that you have good potential for being staff but you just need a bit more training because of the language barrier.

I would say +1 becuase you could be good for the staff team 

• Like 1

+1

In all honesty I do not care much about how long or short your paragraphs are. The only time I'd have a problem is if they were one liners that had no effort at all. Even a little effort shows you care, hell you even fixed it up.

I could care less about his paragraphs, I care about how you act in the community and knowledge of the rules. Not only have you proven you know the rules, I've played with you and you're not toxic at all. You're someone enjoyable to be around. 

I wish people would view things in a more broad way rather than just staring at paragraphs and saying nothing. Your feedback is overwhelmingly positive and you're a great addition to the server. You definitely deserve staff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1