DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ATT RDM. Warn Appeal - Hysteria

Soappppp

In-game name: Stork/Igor
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:168017376
Staff members in-game name: Hysteria
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): ( he's offline at the time of this report. ) 
Date & Time of incident: 8/18/2021 
Timezone: ETC
Warn Reason: ATT RDM.
What happened? (include any proof): https://streamable.com/4u42yb ( Can upload the full 30 seconds of the clip if need-be, after the shots I just run inside comms. ) 
Why should your warn be removed?: I shot the ground as the person ( Coco ) was halfway in comms from my perspective. I shoot at the ground to WARN him, as we just kidnapped a GB in comms. The bullets ricochet off the ground, which appears to be a bug that I was NOT aware of. I was then warned for attempted RDM, when that was NOT what happened at all. Not only does he appear on the comms claim, but my crosshair was on the ground. The ricochet damage was purely because that part of the map ricochets which I was not aware of. 

• Agree 8

I’m not trying to be an asshole, as I said to you earlier when I was taking the sit. Either way Ricochet damage is still damage. Damaging another player to a certain degree is ARDM. You hit him for 31 and 51 and I can send the screenshot later when I am actually home if needed. 

So I have no problem if this gets accepted, but you do need to be more mindful of your surrounds and where you are shooting. Ricochet is not a new mechanic that has been on the server, and you have been playing for quite awhile.

Just be more careful man, as you are aware of, not many people are as forgiving.

Edited by hysteria
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1

Accepted

The clip clearly shows that Stork had no intention of actually hitting who he did. Granted the area was also claimed to so idea why you were warned anyways. Just be more careful now that you know of the ricochet mechanic 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1