Bounty Hunter Loophole

Deft

Description: There's a loophole regarding self-hit bounty hunting. 

Information:

What would happen is:

1. As a non-bounty hunter role, someone would place a hit
  2. That person switches to a bounty hunter role
  3. That person kills the person that they themselves placed

Reasoning: If there is a way to restrict bounties that have placed by yourself it would be appreciated, as this loophole means that people can hunt others of their choosing, which could be considered RDM/ FailRP.

Edited by Deft
Updated to format

Even with this I feel that this issue could still be a thing (people placing hits with their alts). So maybe just make the hit auto expire if you become a hit man?? This could be tricky to code, but I don’t know a single thing about coding soo, unless this isn’t possible, you have my +1

I’d also like to add that our logs have hit information, it even tells us who placed the hit. So I think we just need to put this rule in the rule book and we should be good to go 🙂

Edited by PM-of-Israel
10 hours ago, PM-of-Israel said:

Even with this I feel that this issue could still be a thing (people placing hits with their alts). So maybe just make the hit auto expire if you become a hit man?? This could be tricky to code, but I don’t know a single thing about coding soo, unless this isn’t possible, you have my +1

I’d also like to add that our logs have hit information, it even tells us who placed the hit. So I think we just need to put this rule in the rule book and we should be good to go 🙂

This is already in the rules:

USE COMMON SENSE
Do not abuse exploits or loopholes

As has been stated, hit logs (assuming they're currently working - I haven't used them in a while) would show if someone is exploiting/loopholing an RP job in a metagaming/FailRP way.

I don't see exploiting in the D3A but I have seen people permanently banned for this before. If killing one person and going through all these hoops to make it look like it was valid is worth a permanent ban, then you're going to just have to hope the staff you get doesn't know how to check logs.

It's definitely possible to disallow accepting a hit placed by the specific user to not be accepted by that user (one simple check in the logic) but I would consider this a very low-priority development as I've never seen it be a problem in the past.

• 2 months later...
Guest proggy

Denied

No changes are currently needed to the hitman rules.
It's obviously FailRP for someone to place a hit and accept their own hit.
Shankninja correctly points out that using loopholes is against the rules.