DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

2 Day Ban Appeal for RDM/LTAP

Maku

I disagree with how I was banned, I do not know how I was banned for "LTAP", and I don't believe its "RDM" if my keypad was being hacked and there is a clear intent that they came for my printers. At least reduce it to a day ban, I was literally in a admin sit, I don't know how I was "LTAP", in the admin sit I was being told I was getting the warn because of my level being 26.

In-game name: Maku
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:183308776
Staff members in-game name: Wall E
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:220893720
Date & Time of incident: 4/29/2022
Timezone: PST
Ban Reason: RDM/LTAP
How long were you banned for?: 2 Days
Proof of Ban: spacer.png
What happened? (include any proof): I was in a sit with a admin Wall E, he went over how I was not allowed to kill people raiding if I am not in party with the owner of the base, after that he stated I was being issued a warning due to being level 26, and sent us back, I disconnected and reconnected into the server after being issued the warning, but instead I was given a ban shortly after rejoining the server.
Why should your ban be removed?: I think it'd be nice for it to be removed, but that doesn't seem possible for my first-time ban, at best I am hoping for the ban to be atleast reduced a day or longer.

Wall E you sent us back out of the admit sit, you did tell me you were gonna give a warn, but you never told me to remain in the server, at best you could've kept me in the admit sit box with you so that you could finish issuing your warn to me, plus I rejoined the server shortly after disconnecting, and you quickly just assumed I was gonna avoid a punishment that I had thought was already given.

Okay I had a sit with you, it was rdm and I told you, I was gunna warn you, I sent you back and then put in the warn but you disconnected from the server. I then but in the ban request. So you left right after I told you I was gonna warn you. And you said you were trying to reconnect right back, then why did you leave in the first place? I have everything recorded so if you still don't feel justified with this. I can post my POV from what happened.

Wall E, yes I don't believe this is justified, because I legit disconnected for 1 minute after you sent us out of the admin sit and then I rejoined back right after in the server, I was back in the server right? Like 10-30 seconds later I got hit with that ban, I thought I already got the warn, like you issued me the warn before being sent back out of the admin sit. If I had known you needed me to stay in the server to take some warn into a system, I would've sat with you in that admin sit box room or just be in the server a bit longer before I did such, I'm thinking a misunderstanding may have happened.

Edit: One more thing, I am not experienced with Gmod moderating DarkRP servers, I am unfamiliar with how mods deliver or issue punishments / warnings, I had thought they'd already be prepared to give a warning regardless of the player being in the server or not, considering you can just know what my steam ID is from in-game.

Edited by Maku

Accepted

WallE should have handed him the warn while still in the staff sit, returning a person before handing out a punishment can lead to misunderstanding.

You will be unbanned shortly.

WellE wont receive any formal punishment, but this is definitely a scenario for all staff to learn from.

• Agree 1