DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Remove donator VIP mod.

Jaz-

+1

I doubt this will get accepted because it is a major source of income for DarkRP. However, I agree with Deft that this concept absolutely baffles me. I agree with everything Deft said, and the only thing I really have to add is that a former shitty TTT staff member, Thieves, bought VIP Mod, and only didn't get it because TTT management intervened and pointed out that this player should not get staff on DRP as he would likely abuse it and had a history/blacklist on TTT. Also, yes, rich moneybags like west can come back over and over again on alts and just bypass the "be a good person" requirement that most other servers have. 

But thats just my two cents. I'm not the owner of a major gaming network after all

• Agree 3
  • DarkRP Administration Team

There have been some fantastic staff members who have bought VIP mod and done a superb job helping the server while also offering a financial contribution in support which we should be thankful for. There have also been some terrible staff who applied through the forums and have been toxic ever since. What I’m saying is the quality of a moderator isn’t directly related to how they joined the team.

At the end of the day, if someone buys VIP Mod for $50 for the sake of 10 minutes of fun minging on the server, then they will simply have their rank removed and be blacklisted, while the server might get some nice upgrades with the money. I have personally had to ban someone who did exactly this until their rank could be removed.

I think it also offers those who have been victims of bullying a chance to get onto the staff team. Just one group of toxic friends can tarnish their application and deny them that opportunity as we’ve seen recently, and therefore feedback on an application doesn’t necessarily prove whether someone is a good fit for the team in these kind of scenarios. 

Edited by ChrisRid
Typo lol
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

There have been some fantastic staff members who have bought VIP mod and done a superb job helping the server while also offering a financial contribution in support which we should be thankful for. There have also been some terrible staff who applied through the forums and have been toxic ever since. What I’m saying is the quality of a moderator isn’t directly related to how they joined the team.

Fair point.

5 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

At the end of the day, if someone buys VIP Mod for $50 for the sake of 10 minutes of fun minging on the server, then they will simply have their rank removed and be blacklisted, while the server might get some nice upgrades with the money. I have personally had to ban someone who did exactly this until their rank could be removed.

I never brought this up as a point in this thread. But yeah, any staff member, bought or applied have staff abused. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

I think it also offers those who have been victims of bullying a chance to get onto the staff team. Just one group of toxic friends can tarnish their application and deny them that opportunity as we’ve seen recently, and therefore feedback on an application doesn’t necessarily prove whether someone is a good fit for the team in these kind of scenarios. 

The person would  had a reason to earn that rep. People wouldn’t go out of their way to ruin someone’s staff app just for their personal enjoyment unless they are just flat out dicks.

But in the case you’re speaking of, I would agree with this point. I think people were taking it too far and it was just getting out of hand. 
Mostly every other case I would go with my first statement against this paragraph. 

• DarkRP Administration Team
57 minutes ago, Jaz- said:

People wouldn’t go out of their way to ruin someone’s staff app just for their personal enjoyment unless they are just flat out dicks.

Precisely. This is the biggest problem with applications, very often the response people give doesn’t address their suitability as a staff member but rather just serves as a chance for them to publicly rant about whatever personal disagreements they have had in the past, tarnishing their application as a result.

In fact some people are loved by the community for just being a good laugh, when in actual fact, they may not be the best candidate for the staff team. Similarly, some people aren’t liked much for various personal reasons, but are actually a good candidate and get overlooked.

• Like 1

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied

This is an unnecessary change. Many good staff have come from purchasing vipmod, if someone is not fit for staff after purchasing it they will simply be removed. Purchasing staff only bypasses the application process along with the application requirements vipmods are still required to take and pass the staff training, in which if they fail that training they will be removed from staff alike people who apply. Ultimately people who have purchased staff who may have had a bad history on the server have the chance to prove without applying that they've changed and are dedicated to be staff even if that means spending $50. Like what I just said, people that wish to purchase staff after being denied isn't a bad thing as it shows that they are dedicated and want to become staff as I've said multiple times here if they abuse it they will simply be removed from staff. People that shouldn't be staff will be blacklisted which resolves the problem instead of completly removing the option to purchase vipmod. If people choose to purchase vipmod to just abuse and cause issues ultimately that is just free income that goes towards the server.

Edited by stretchy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8