[BAN APPEAL] FetishForToast

In-game name: FetishForToast
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): https://steamcommunity.com/id/F_a_n_i_x/
Staff members in-game name: ChrisRid
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): https://steamcommunity.com/id/MrChrisRid
Date & Time of incident: 7/4/2022 around 5:00PM 
Timezone:EST
Ban Reason: Racism
What happened? (include any proof): Vetronus forged a clip of me spamming the N-word. There are key tells to see it is fake. He pauses a sec before he sees me to start playing/getting the n word audio ready. You can hear the original audio I am ACTUALLY spamming under his audio of the n word playing. You can litreally hear what micspam i am actually using in his clip if you listen good enough. 
Why should your ban be removed?: Forged clip. I really think he should get hard punishment for this. 

Vetronuses clip: https://streamable.com/ft4m1g

my clip: 

There is also important information in my other submission which I resent this one because the other failed to follow proper formatting.

go to 42~ seconds into the video for the event please.

https://youtu.be/7U8kjarTbxQ

the video i actually micspammed

• Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

Hi there FetishForToast,

Thank you for making an appeal, I appreciate you reached out to me over this situation but I feel it's better for this to be dealt with via the proper channels and by a third-party (another administrator) so they can look at all of the evidence and form their own opinion. I'll give all of the facts surrounding the situation from my point of view:

Vetronus placed a report on FetishForToast for "walking around spamming the hard R". I quickly spectated FetishForToast to see if he was still doing so with the hope to capture it on video, but I didn't see anything of concern, he was simply walking around playing random sounds and clips but none of which were racist that I personally witnessed. Although please do remember that hobo's are allowed to micspam, but not media micspam (they can use their own voice but not play songs or use soundboards etc).

I decided to teleport to the roof and bring both parties to discuss the report with them. In short, Vertonus was insistent that he had been racist but FetishForToast strongly denied it. 

Vetronus was quick to say he had a clip of the situation, and as the reporter, the burden of proof would fall on him if there was a conflict of opinion. The clip he sent me was of FetishForToast walking along the sidewalk and then up to Vetronas and saying the N word repeatedly, not in his own voice, but rather from a soundboard or such. I watched the clip a couple of times and tried to make note of who was talking and at what point, given there were a lot of people around at the time. There's an indicator at the bottom right side of the screen and I could see that FetishForToast was talking and the flicker of the indicator somewhat resembled that of the audio.

At this point I was certain that FetishForToast had been racist and that the report was valid, but just as I was about to put a ban through for racism, FetishForToast offered to show me a clip that he had taken of the same situation. I decided to give him the opportunity to upload it and take a look, and in the meantime Vetronus asked if he could leave as he'd provided all the evidence he had, and so I returned him.

Taking a look at FetishForToast's clip, there were many parts where he had tabbed in / out and the length of the clip was a bit longer. At no point in his clip did I hear the racial slurs that Vetronus had reported him saying. I tried to find sections of the clip where all of the same people were talking (looking at the bottom right) but scanning through it I couldn't see the same instance. I formed the opinion that while both clips could be valid, I believed that they may have taken place at different times. I also found it unlikely that someone could have fabricated evidence in such a short timeframe.

I then spoke with FetishForToast and said that while I find it difficult given that there's two clips of seemingly the same situation, I was of the opinion that the report was valid and that the two clips had either been taken at different times, or perhaps that the sound being played wasn't being recorded in FetishForToasts' clip as I know it's possible to have sounds only play through the mic-output without preview. I felt that the evidence that Vertronus had provided was (from what I could see) real and sufficient to put through a ban.

The sit was quite lengthy with periods where each party uploaded their own clips etc, so I have trimmed the whole sit into a shorter video which also includes both parties evidence. However, to be as clear and fair as possible, I would recommend using the following two links to verify the evidence as these were the links provided by each party.

Reporters Clip: https://streamable.com/ft4m1g
Reportees Clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH2_1ZQQpKU

My edited and trimmed clip of the sit: 

Conclusion

I formed the opinion that either the clips had taken place either at different times, or the racial slurs that were played weren't picked up by the recording software (as it can be set to mic-output only). It wasn't an easy decision based on the fact that both partied had their own clips of what could be the same situation, but I also found it unlikely that a clip would have been edited so quickly to incriminate someone for seemingly no reason. I decided to put through a ban for 2 weeks for racism based on all of the information that I had seen. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
1 hour ago, ChrisRid said:

Hi there FetishForToast,

Thank you for making an appeal, I appreciate you reached out to me over this situation but I feel it's better for this to be dealt with via the proper channels and by a third-party (another administrator) so they can look at all of the evidence and form their own opinion. I'll give all of the facts surrounding the situation from my point of view:

Vetronus placed a report on FetishForToast for "walking around spamming the hard R". I quickly spectated FetishForToast to see if he was still doing so with the hope to capture it on video, but I didn't see anything of concern, he was simply walking around playing random sounds and clips but none of which were racist that I personally witnessed. Although please do remember that hobo's are allowed to micspam, but not media micspam (they can use their own voice but not play songs or use soundboards etc).

I decided to teleport to the roof and bring both parties to discuss the report with them. In short, Vertonus was insistent that he had been racist but FetishForToast strongly denied it. 

Vetronus was quick to say he had a clip of the situation, and as the reporter, the burden of proof would fall on him if there was a conflict of opinion. The clip he sent me was of FetishForToast walking along the sidewalk and then up to Vetronas and saying the N word repeatedly, not in his own voice, but rather from a soundboard or such. I watched the clip a couple of times and tried to make note of who was talking and at what point, given there were a lot of people around at the time. There's an indicator at the bottom right side of the screen and I could see that FetishForToast was talking and the flicker of the indicator somewhat resembled that of the audio.

At this point I was certain that FetishForToast had been racist and that the report was valid, but just as I was about to put a ban through for racism, FetishForToast offered to show me a clip that he had taken of the same situation. I decided to give him the opportunity to upload it and take a look, and in the meantime Vetronus asked if he could leave as he'd provided all the evidence he had, and so I returned him.

Taking a look at FetishForToast's clip, there were many parts where he had tabbed in / out and the length of the clip was a bit longer. At no point in his clip did I hear the racial slurs that Vetronus had reported him saying. I tried to find sections of the clip where all of the same people were talking (looking at the bottom right) but scanning through it I couldn't see the same instance. I formed the opinion that while both clips could be valid, I believed that they may have taken place at different times. I also found it unlikely that someone could have fabricated evidence in such a short timeframe.

I then spoke with FetishForToast and said that while I find it difficult given that there's two clips of seemingly the same situation, I was of the opinion that the report was valid and that the two clips had either been taken at different times, or perhaps that the sound being played wasn't being recorded in FetishForToasts' clip as I know it's possible to have sounds only play through the mic-output without preview. I felt that the evidence that Vertronus had provided was (from what I could see) real and sufficient to put through a ban.

The sit was quite lengthy with periods where each party uploaded their own clips etc, so I have trimmed the whole sit into a shorter video which also includes both parties evidence. However, to be as clear and fair as possible, I would recommend using the following two links to verify the evidence as these were the links provided by each party.

Conclusion

I formed the opinion that either the clips had taken place either at different times, or the racial slurs that were played weren't picked up by the recording software (as it can be set to mic-output only). It wasn't an easy decision based on the fact that both partied had their own clips of what could be the same situation, but I also found it unlikely that a clip would have been edited so quickly to incriminate someone for seemingly no reason. I decided to put through a ban for 2 weeks for racism based on all of the information that I had seen. 

As I have said in my report, ChrisRid, the clip he sent was not edited. He (in real time) played the audio of the N-word spam on his desktop while filming. I suspect he did it like this:

Has screen record that picks up both ingame audio and desktop audio.

Has youtube of N-word spam on quickplay (some keyboards have an audio wheel and pause/play features which do work on pausing and playing youtube videos without having to alt-tab.)

Sees me incoming. Uses pause/play feature or any other means of enabling the audio he wants to frame me with, looks at me with aformentioned video playing.

There is also another point of the video, the audio I claim to be mic-spamming is actually IN EFFECT in his clip. you can hear under his youtube audio that my ACTUAL micspam is playing. The video I played is linked in my report. The video audio I claim to actually have used was only played for the first 16 seconds in Vetronuses clip.

The time this event takes place is at 0:42 in my video. there might be some discrepancies between the people on mic because hes in range of those people, while I, am not.

Edited by Toasty1
1 hour ago, ChrisRid said:

Hi there FetishForToast,

Conclusion

I also want to commend you on your formality, your principal, and the time you took to respond/interact with me.

• 300 IQ 1

Accepted

After looking at both of the clips, we can see that you where playing another sound

and not the one that you got reported for. We will reach the reporter and punish him accordingly,

The staff team apologies for this inconvinience.

ChrisRid will be talked to about looking better at the evidence.

@stretchy @Glorbnob @FlameSoul Lock and move.