DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion - Allow Custom Classes to Raid the Bank

Dan Gardner

Description: Allow Custom Classes to Raid the Bank

Reasoning: They are a raiding class, and all other raiding classes can raid the bank.

Additional Information: This was denied but for the sole basis that CCs would have to be added manually to make the change. Look at that! They're being added manually!

Unless this was indeed incorrect and it still is impossible or too burdensome to be worth it to implement, I believe this would be the perfect opportunity to take care of this.

(Of course, just another step in Garnet's Grand Journey to Fix Custom Classes™)

• Forums Moderator

Neutral

I'm not against the idea by any means, in fact I quite like the idea. If other raiding classes are also allowed to raid the bank then it does make sense for a CC to be allowed.

The reason for going neutral is given that Garnet truly has his work cut out as it is, adding every custom class one-by-one to a LUA file. If it's something that's easy to implement then I'd agree, but if it means changing every single line then I think the time / work might outweigh the result. Unless it can be done by using 'find and replace' or something lol. I'll stay neutral for now.

• 4 weeks later...

logo.png

Your suggestion has been Denied.

The addon for robbing banks only allows for certain classes to rob the bank.
We would have to add every current custom class to the robber whitelist, and retroactively add new custom classes to that list.

As far as I know, it doesn't work as a blacklist of "which classes are NOT allowed to rob the bank", it's the other way around.
This would be a lot of work for Nutter, when custom class owners can simply change to a normal class for a few minutes to rob the bank without issue.