DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Sunday's GM Application 2

SundayMalec

In-game name: SENG LCPL 0920 Sunday
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:94818680
Warns: 0
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: | SENG LCPL 0920 Sunday has played for 2044:14:00.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] T.GM - T. Admin on Garnet Gaming SWRP 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe that I should be chosen over other people because I have a long past on the server with being a GM. I put hours into being a GM a few months ago before resigning for personal reasons, but I am here now and ready to come back and bring back all the Sunday events that I used to do. I had 2 or 3 double promos through my GM ranks and I believe that I could work my way to do that again. With over 2000 hours on the server, I know all the rules and guidelines.

I know from a players perspective what it takes to have a fun time during events and what the typical player looks for in an event. I am looking to come back and help the server grow once again by doing as many events as possible. One of my biggest goals is to make sure people have fun and want to stick around the server so I can help it grow. One thing I am good at is making things up as it goes, one thing I see a lot in GM's events is if it goes off track they don't know what to do other than try to force people back on track with "interesting" tactics. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Mass RDM on DarkRP

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 3-4 Hours Tuesday-Sunday

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Create events to ensure that the player base has fun and wants to stick around for further events and also, to help with tryouts. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would make sure to do some fun events and some serious events to make sure people get the best of both worlds and will stay interested enough to continue their time on the server so that it can grow in population.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:  I like to do small events that everyone can have fun with and be involved with and events where its not just SHOOT DROID!. In my opinion, back when I was originally a GM, @Juno and I created a dupe that we called the 'Mechanic Bay'. This brought in hours of RP over the span of a few days and everyone seemed to love what we were doing with the bay. We would repair vehicles in and out of events, get lower ranked ENG's reports to log into the discord and it was overall just a fun time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1. Return of the Mechanic Bay

As said above, this event would be more of a passive event that includes all the engineers. I would make a vehicle repair depot and allow new and old engineers to practice their abilities on vehicles. This would allow for good RP and having to figure out what is wrong with the vehicle instead of just using the handy little fusion cutter on the side of it and calling it good.

2. 41st gone missing

41st would be sent on a scouting mission outside of anaxes to check out a possible distress call from Zeta. While enroute to zeta, they are ambushed from the mountains all around them. As soon as the attack strikes the enemies send a virus that jams all of the comms systems leaving 41st no contact to base or any backup. After awhile the troops back at base realize that 41st has been gone for too long and they send out a search party only to find the 41st held down in valley from the mountains. The 34th all work together to take out the enemies and make their way to Zeta for the distress call. 

3. Hallucination

I did an event like this awhile back and it got a lot of very good feedback and people loved it. This event would take place after an off-world involving a gas or a toxic animal (like the one listed below this). When the troopers get back from the off-world, they would need to go be checked up by the medical personal in the med bay. When a certain patient is being checked out, they would begin to see figures that only they would see and nobody else could. They would begin to go insane and it would take lots of medical staff to attempt to regain their sanity back to before. 

4. Toxic

This would be the leadup to the event above. We would go off-world or even keep it on world, there would be a toxic gas that spreads through the vents of anaxes base that effects many republic personal. The base would then be invaded with toxic bugs and other creatures that cause a ruckus. I did a lot of bug events back then and they all seemed to have people having fun and really enjoying knifing bugs for some reason lol. I was told to do more of them in the future but never got around to it. 

5. Transport Protection 

For this event, I would have a transport that is carrying cargo for the 34 battlegroup. I would make it so that the troopers must stay within a range of the cargo vehicle at all times. If there was not a certain amount of troopers next to it, it would begin to move backwards and be heavily damaged. While they must stay by it, they will also be defending it from lots of droids and vehicles from the CIS.

Edited by SundayMalec
  • Like 1