DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

AwesomeC664's Warn Appeal

In-game name: 
11B SGT ShinyBall/Chrim (AKA: Tali MAJ AwesomeC, ANP MAJ Awesome)

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 
STEAM_0:1:469731589

Staff members in-game name:
S. Mod Draco

Staff members SteamID (/id (name): 
STEAM_0:1:99345297

Date & Time of incident: 3/4/2023 (yesterday) at 8:30 PM
Timezone: EST

Warn Reason: RDM
What happened? (include any proof):
I was playing on my US character and at around 8 minutes till war I killed USMP CDT Goofy Guy. He reported me for killing him and asked that I receive a warn in a sit with Draco. Draco did not ask for a clip because I had admitted to killing Goofy Guy. After this I reached the warn threshold and was kicked from the server and my game closed. When I tried to clip the event so I could have some proof I lost all of it because I was kicked. I have the clip from Goofy Guy but it does not include the context that I believe justified my actions. Here is the clip of me killing him (again without context I look terrible in this situation but I want to be completely transparent)

https://streamable.com/3eg5lc
Why should your warn be removed?:

Starting with background, I spent a little over half my time yesterday on my US Character and during that I did a lot of RP with the USMP. During that time I was playing with the USMP and we traded killing each other within reasonable Roleplay scenarios. These events were mainly with Goofy and I believed that it was alright, and it was. (More specifically I was publicly executed by him for treason, hence the name change, and there was a little bit of the /rp turns off body cam during our time). We had a lot of fun doing some USMP RP. There were a few occasions where I killed him and it was somewhat uncalled for, and the same where he killed me when it was uncalled for. At those times, with good evidence we could both receive punishments, but we kept moving on because it was fun and no one wanted it ruined.
Moving onto the context of this event, a few minutes before it happened, Goofy had arrested Simmons for Unlawful Weapon Discharge. Simmons had jailbreaked and left but returned in a minute or two. While I was outside the jail Simmons returned and went inside, talking with the few of us there. After Goofy realized he had returned and could arrest him, Goofy started to antagonize Simmons, saying things like " I'm pretty sure you jailbreaked", and "I think you're gonna get arrested for that". This lasted for about 45 seconds and the focus shifted to me so I could stop this behavior which is why I said things like, "I would never jailbreak someone" and " I love the USMP". After it was clear he was going to mess with Simmons some more, and Simmons just wanted to get it over with, I sprung into action, thrusting my knife into him and making sure he would never mess with someone over simple stuff like this again. This is why I believe I was justified in killing him.
After talking with Shwade and Benkei after the fact, they directed me to make an appeal after talking with Goofy Guy. After talking with Goofy, he said that he was frustrated with some of my behavior over the day and was not happy with not being able to finish out his business with Simmons. After a discussion, Goofy believes that warn was over the line and should be repealed, with all the context taken into consideration.

I hope that you take all the context into consideration on why I did what I did and follow up with Goofy Guy to get his side of the story now that's its been a little while.

• Informative 1

spacer.png

Denied

After reviewing the evidence, it was quite clear that you did in fact RDM.

We cannot start taking away warns because the other party asked for the warn to be taken away after the sit.

@Fonza please lock and move.

Edited by Fonza
  • Agree 1