DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Defining Soul & A Letter to US/AFG Officers Alike

+1

I really love these ideas , It feels like ur adding more content and story mode into the server without addons or extra files + making it more realistic and less boring for people who play alot and Reigniting that flare of Enjoyment in the server .

No im not gonna call u a nostalgia addict  , this do give good amount of nostalgia for anyone who played Gmod since 2014 and reminds of good times i can't lie

I am ready to do more effort as an officer to do and apply these ideas if it gets approved.

and also thank you for giving me the chance to comment,

Malek

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

On 3/29/2023 at 8:06 PM, Ziggy said:

The small base design of Afghan base and US base made the bases feel much fuller and the same can be said about objectives.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:06 PM, Ziggy said:

players would be forced to be in the same area which made bases feel much more alive and led to a lot of player interaction.

I believe you highlighted a very key issue on the server currently. The difference in gameplay is drastic when you find yourself alone clearing an objective during war or standing in base with only 1 afk in sight, compared to seeing multiple people running in, dying, clearing angles etc. The time when new players join the server and experience their first war is extremally crucial for player retention, and if I place myself into the shoes of a new player I no doubt would find myself immediately logging of if I found myself only surrounded by 2-3 people the whole war defending a desolate objective from nobody.

You brought up another good point about peace time activities, the fact is bases are currently too big in correlation to the player population. This is another great vouch for CS desert as the introduction of gathering hubs for the non-afk players in peacetime is another crucial aspect of player retention. Being able to meet and connect with the people you play with, in contrast to feeling like everyone in war is an NPC is another important aspect.

As veterans a new player myself I hope staff and veterans can try their best to insert themselves into new players shoes and figure out new ways to maintain these people who log in one day and never come back.

Edited by wocaoming
:D
  • Agree 1