DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

SGT Pootis Game Master Application

Pootis

In-game name: ENG EODT GCO SGT 1405 Pootis
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198272102241/
Warns: 0
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 61:50:47
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YEs
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]

MarkyMark, Grim, Daph, and Bamz.
Do I have some past experiences as a Game Master? I don't have many experiences, but I am willing to learn from others to make for my lack in experience.  
Why should we choose you over other applicants? 

When it comes to experience in the field of being a game master, I don't have much. However I am very willing to learn from others and take careful consideration of others thoughts and improvements. I am willing to push myself to a very high standard, so there a desirable outcome from what I make. When I am sitting with my group and asking what we could do better, I thought it was by asking others and having them do it. I want to take responsibility for my lack of effort and provide more to my group and others from other groups.  If I am insufficient, I will look for those who can point in best direction to improve. On those grounds I am very motivated to make something good and high quality. Whether it be memorable for the chaos or the roleplay of the event, I hope to fill the position.

Secondly, I will always find a way to improve. I may not ever be perfect, but that does not mean I won't get damn near close to it. I noticed that when it comes to events people will hold many opinions of events ,but very few tend to share with the channels to share. The reasoning for this could be many or it could be just due nature of some people feel alone in that opinion. In my mind, I always search out those who want to share details, as there be times where I don't have the creativity or the idea to make something but some else does. The best way to cover this and get everyone's mind on that matter is to talk to Leads of battalions during the said event and see what were people thinking, what was the struggle, was there something lacking or, were some people left on the sidelines.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

I can only think one time being arrested for dying from falling from the 3rd floor of the base on Gmod server.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Tons, I am very open with my schedule and quick to communicate, if not I let people know why I can't or couldn't respond at the time 

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: 

The Gamemaster's responsibility is to make something enjoyable not for small group of people, but to make something enjoyable for all involved. In my mind. A Gamemaster can give enjoyment to everyone if gamemaster's plan goes completely sideways. Even if people enjoy the event for different reason than the intended one, it was enjoyable all the more. I don't know if I can predict if every event plan will happen the I planned, but regardless entertainment should be the priority. I have idea's 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:

In my mind, Roleplay could be used to further and impact the gameplay of the map. For example You could have engineer's make a vehicle and then that vehicle is spawned for those who can use it, or if there is bomb that went off the map would change to fit the scenery and cause the progression of the level to completely change.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I have an idea where it each battalion contributes a different part to the operation so that each role feels at least partly responsible that way no one is left doing a certain work they are not meant to do.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

The Outer-Rim Hold Debrief (Rp/Story)
The Outer-Rim is being taken and our forces are heavily outnumbered and scattered across the stars, We need to demonstrate to the republic and its people we can take and hold the planets that have chosen to align with the Republic. Our siege's needed to be coordinated and precise so we split CIS forces and make a hole in there lines. Our aim will be to liberate the worlds surrounding Mon Cala and get trade lines opened up to allow republic supplies to flow easier and to make a hole in the CIS outer rim forces.  

Distraction-Outer Rim Hold Pt1
The assault battalions draw the attention of the CIS and or some over opponent while SOB sabotages a target, but there a is time constraint due to ferocity of the defenders. In theory the 501st and 212th along with tanks and AT equipment make an assault on a fortified position and Event Commander would move forces to counteract the incoming attacks, while this happens SOB while attack a different target i.e(a Shield generator, communications relay, power for the base, etc.) after which a plan is devised to either pull back or use what is available to attempt and take the FOB or Base of importance. All equipment would be allowed during this event but there would be a no air support unless plan changes to accommodate it and tanks would be required. Jetpacks would be up to the map. 

Raid Outer-Rim Hold Pt2
SOB and some airborne support units will make a raid at a facility cause some major havoc and leave before forces can come to reinforce. The Idea behind this attack is a hit and run depending how damage is done via a roll and some rp would affect how many raids are in effect or changes to capture and take mission. The idea being focused on depending what battalions are available will affect what mission type is given and how the operation will be conducted. Speed is key on op meaning barc, LAATS, and Jetpacks will be allowed, no tanks since there too slow.

Hold the Line-Outer RIm Hold pt3
Clone Troopers of a certain task force somewhere between 5-10 hold an attack until reinforcements arrive and then a counter attack begins, This plan would change depending on what resources are left remaining and if air superiority is achieved. For example if most of the task force and defense force are intact then a counter attack will begin with the commands organizing an attack plan then it is up to the Gm to prepare some defense forces if those forces are beat back then the Clones win and the planet is taken. On the other hand, if there is significant casualties or wounded an evacuation is planned and remaining forces will buy time till all forces can be extracted. At this moment it would be up to rp and rolls to find which of two outcomes are more feasible probably a coin flip or a range in roll will change which of the two plans happen. (All equipment is allowed)

Assault 
With combined use of air support and ground support we take and hold a position, then once the position is held for certain period time or after a certain number of waves victory is given. The plan for an event which would follow this idea would be a combined use of LAATS and airdropped ATTE's. This is too give RP and combat to those interested and create a circumstance similar to other Assault plans in having to make due with what is remaining and to make a plan off it. (all equipment is allowed)
Evacuation
There are some amount of VIP's(3-5) and they need to be collected and extracted in a certain time frame other wise it is a lost cause. The timing of this event would depend on event characters being able to relay attacks to command and that would there time to get the VIP's. The time table would be between 30-60mins and other battalions would work with conjunction to SOB and CG to the VIP's ad extract them.

Under the case that not enough VIP's are not secured and or the time runs out the defeat condition is given, but there would be room to redo or change depending on people available. This operation will be focused on making breakthroughs and coming back to the rendezvous point might be on ATTE but mostly TX's

• Agree 2
  • Community Director

+1 - Confirming Referral. Good application -E vent ideas are solid, some areas could use some refinement, but the concepts are good. The non-event part of the application is also very on-point with what we typically look for. While you may not have experience, with some training, you'll do well.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

+1 Your hours are a little low but everything else in your referral speaks to the commitment you're willing to put in, with training and time I can see an absolutely awesome GM! Excellent application. 

+1 Having him under my command, I can see his hard work and willingness to learn and get better at what he is learning. Will be a good addition to the GM team if added, very easy to communicate with and overall, a very easy-going dude who wants to better himself in whatever he is doing or working on at that current time. 

• StarWarsRP Administration Team

e8aec860a66fb7323d6543c270e2baa7.png
Application accepted.
While you may not have the hours, it's apparent people have faith in your abilities.
Your rank will be set to Trial Gamemaster, please do not use GM powers until trained. Contact any S.GM+ for training.

Edited by Jotaro